Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident at Roscommon hotel (asylum seekers)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,682 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

And in Germany there's an Iraqi on trial for raping and murdering a 14 year old German girl. And there's a pack of Syrians going on trial for gang raping an 18 year old girl.

But sure, refugees...its all good, amirite?

Irish media also silent on 10 lovely people arrested in Frankfurt today....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭malinheader

Boggles wrote: »
    Not enough kids in the catchment area.

And the rest ??

• Registered Users Posts: 39,747 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

El_Bee wrote: »
    Our economy is about the size of Manchester's, without the multinationals and the EU we'd be Europes only 3rd world country.

No it isn't, stop talking complete nonsense.

And the rest ??

The rest what?

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

No it isn't, stop talking complete nonsense.

Yes it is, stop trying to one up everyone and "win" the thread, you've been here for hours, go outside.

• Advertisement

Yes it is

Grand so.

Sure your figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Our economy is about the size of Manchester's, without the multinationals and the EU we'd be Europes only 3rd world country.

Iceland's economy is about 1/25th the size of Ireland, it's not in EU, is far more isolated than Ireland yet it's not 3rd world

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Erm, not even close.

Greater Manchester has a total GDP of €74.398 bn

(Republic) Ireland GDP $366.448 billion (nominal, 2018 est)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,281 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

You make it sound like heaven.
    Why are the schools looking for kids. Where have all the locals gone. Or why have they gone.
    Lisdoonvara must be booming.

Why are they looking for kids? Rural depopulation. FFS one week we have a story about rural post offices and shops closing down, the "death of towns", the next we have one complaining about people moving into rural towns, they're just not the right "sort" of people...

Well that's pretty dumb, it's like saying that without electricity we'd be sitting in the dark.

But here we are. Not sitting in the dark.

And our population is comparable to Manchester's, but our economy is way bigger.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

The local schools around me are roaring for Children, if they don't get a certain amount they will either lose a teacher or be shut down and forced to amalgamate.

In Lisdoonvarna they took on more staff for the local creche.

Jobs - money, etc.

But sure...Refugees...it's all bad.

The local schools around Rooskey are quite full.
    And wouldn't be able to cater for a sudden surge in numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Why not house these migrants in an affluent part of Dublin?

That's how you lose an election

Why are they looking for kids? Rural depopulation. FFS one week we have a story about rural post offices and shops closing down, the "death of towns", the next we have one complaining about people moving into rural towns, they're just not the right "sort" of people...

Rural depopulation your right. Why is there a death of towns. Either you really don't know the answer or just don't want to state why. So you really think if it was not good enough for the people who used to live in these towns it's going to be good enough for a crowd of people who are just being dropped onto these depopulated towns. Hey its out of sight out of mind

• Registered Users Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭rgossip30

Burn down the centre?

Brilliant.

I'm pretty fooked off at the level of car tax I have to pay.

Should I burn down the motor tax office?

High income tax, my only line of protest is to burn down the Revenue Office?

Get up the yard, burning something down is not protest, it criminality.

The sooner they catch the racist scumbag the better.

Yes sad it has to come to this for a wake up call .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

There are (at least) a couple of NGO heads on here trying to persuade us that the mass migration of uneducated North African and Asian men will be a wonderful thing for Ireland.

They are telling us that they will fill up our rural schools and make Ireland a better place because the locals in rural locations will be employed in order to take care of these men at Direct Provisions centres all around the country.

They post from early morning to late at night espousing the benefits of economic migration from non-EU countries; mostly because of the money 'we' earn looking after them. Let's be clear; the only people doing well from this situation will be the vested NGO's and the asylum industry.

It is such a sad state of affairs. We should learn from what has happened all around Europe. Why do we think that Ireland will get it right? Putting a comparatively large North African/Asian contingent of economic migrants in a small village in Roscommon is indicative of the current government's strategy. It is beyond bonkers. And we should let our public representatives know that it is bonkers.

Kivaro wrote: »
    There are (at least) a couple of NGO heads on here trying to persuade us that the mass migration of uneducated North African and Asian men will be a wonderful thing for Ireland.

They are telling us that they will fill up our rural schools and make Ireland a better place because the locals in rural locations will be employed in order to take care of these men at Direct Provisions centres all around the country.

They post from early morning to late at night espousing the benefits of economic migration from non-EU countries; mostly because of the money 'we' earn looking after them. Let's be clear; the only people doing well from this situation will be the vested NGO's and the asylum industry.

It is such a sad state of affairs. We should learn from what has happened all around Europe. Why do we think that Ireland will get it right? Putting a comparatively large North African/Asian contingent of economic migrants in a small village in Roscommon is indicative of the current government's strategy. It is beyond bonkers. And we should let our public representatives know that it is bonkers.
    This no conspiracy theory that NGO philanthropists fund the Irish Immigration Council and The Irish Refugee Council .The government takes direction from them on reforms .Can't copy and paste links but Google funding for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,326 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

rgossip30 wrote: »
    This no conspiracy theory that NGO philanthropists fund the Irish Immigration Council and The Irish Refugee Council .The government takes direction from them on reforms .Can't copy and paste links but Google funding for them.

Tommy/Gemma tell you this?

pjohnson wrote: »

Do you think that everyone who had a concern about their country, county, town or even a concern that these DP centres are more a cruel money making gesture than a kind one gives a sh-t what Tommy and Gemma think. Might come as a surprise to you but most people have a mind of their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭1641

Do you think that everyone who had a concern about their country, county, town or even a concern that these DP centres are more a cruel money making gesture than a kind one gives a sh-t what Tommy and Gemma think. Might come as a surprise to you but most people have a mind of their own.

So your concern is that it is "a cruel money making gesture". That would suggest that if a different model of service was provided to accomodate asylum seekers (say a public sector service with no private sector involvement and better facilities for the asylum seekers) then you would be ok with it?

Otherwise someone might think that you are cyncially using the "cruel money making gesture" issue rather than simply oppose provision for asylum seekers full stop.

1641 wrote: »
    So your concern is that it is "a cruel money making gesture". That would suggest that if a different model of service was provided to accomodate asylum seekers (say a public sector service with no private sector involvement and better facilities for the asylum seekers) then you would be ok with it?

Otherwise someone might think that you are cyncially using the "cruel money making gesture" issue rather than simply oppose provision for asylum seekers full stop.

Don't agree with it at all. Not feared to state this either. What really baffles me is how some people don't care what happens to these people or the communities there being placed i as long as they can rest easy with there conscience thinking there doing good and everything is fine and rosey. Anyway whatever gets you through the day. What's next the racist card likely.

pjohnson wrote: »

Did you bother to look it up .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,456 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Did you bother to look it up .

Why dont you post the evidence for your claim here instead of telling people to look it up?

Why dont you post the evidence for your claim here instead of telling people to look it up?

Because I cannot copy and paste links my keyboard is broken..I have tried to change my signature to reflect this.

Because I cannot copy and paste links my keyboard is broken..I have tried to change my signature to reflect this.

So how are you typing your replies? :confused:

So how are you typing your replies? :confused:

Using the screen keyboard are such posts necessary ?

You don't need a keyboard to copy and paste links on a tablet.

Just depress the link, you will get an option to copy. Depress where you want to put it and you will get the option to paste.

Using the screen keyboard are such posts necessary ?

So go too what ever google page, go to address bar, hold on address until its highlighted and copy the address. Then go to here, hold finger down and use the paste option that pops up to paste the link.

No need to get snippy just because someone has asked you to back up your claims.

So go too what ever google page, go to address bar, hold on address until its highlighted and copy the address. Then go to here, hold finger down and use the paste option that pops up to paste the link.

No need to get snippy just because someone has asked you to back up your claims.

I tried that too .

I tried that too .

And what happened, did you get the option to copy?

And what happened, did you get the option to copy?

No

• Advertisement

No

Maybe open a thread on the computer / tablet section and ask for help.

Until then I would suggest stop making claims and asking others to back them up, it just písses people off.

Your no stranger to demanding links yourself so I am sure you'll understand.

Either way I hope you figure out how to use your tablet and look forward to any proof you can provide to back up you claims when you do.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement