Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment April Intake (2019)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭RabbitHeart18

I don’t often justify feeling sorry for myself but in this case when you’re hard done by you are hard done by. My tether has run out.
    Best of luck to everyone who gets it soon as I won’t deny it’s gonna be a great job.

I think this is honestly everyone's worst nightmare and can absolutely empathise with how you're feeling. Sometimes you have to prioritise your mental health, it sounds like the process has completely ground you down and can't say I blame you. Best of luck with whatever you decide to do and enjoy your very well deserved holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 NYB

Look. Have any of you got in touch with the Sergeant who offerd her help?
    Did you write in and ask for an explanation as to what has happened to your file.
    Come on Stripmymind make them at least answer your letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 NYB

Do 2 things before you throw in the towel. 1. Ask that Sergeant for help. 2 write a letter to HQ requesting an answer to what has happened.
    Its uncanny that File is an anagram of Life.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

NYB wrote: »
    Look. Have any of you got in touch with the Sergeant who offerd her help?
    Did you write in and ask for an explanation as to what has happened to your file.
    Come on Stripmymind make them at least answer your letter.

Nah that sgt was a troll.
    I’m not sending them sh1t lad, I’m finished honestly. I’m not wasting a drop of ink on them.
    My file is in the commissioners office

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Irishman87545

I’m not sending them sh1t lad, I’m finished honestly. I’m not wasting a drop of ink on them.

If your file is waiting signing off I'd imagine they are going to do then in bulk with all them trying to get as many done in time for the second round of offers . Id seriously weigh off another week or two for this April intake before you throw in the towel .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Hot_Fuzz

If your file is waiting signing off I'd imagine they are going to do then in bulk with all them trying to get as many done in time for the second round of offers . Id seriously weigh off another week or two for this April intake before you throw in the towel .

Here’s hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

I sent you a pm about a week ago, did you get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

I’m conceding defeat here now. I’m not signed off nor will I be anytime soon. The system is a joke.
    I’m booking holidays for the week the April intake begins and I’m going abroad the end of June too so will miss the next intake not like I’ll be signed off for that either. This has been the worst experience of my life, I’m actually disgusted at the whole organisation. I applied 922 days go for this job. 922 days. I did my interview 746 days ago, my medical 724 days ago and my Fitness test was 639 days ago. . . At that fitness test we were told we would surely make one of the next 2 intakes, worst case scenario we’d have to wait for 3. I count that 8 have gone by since then.
    Since that fitness test Garda HR did not contact me for well over a year (don’t have the exact days for this one) ... I’ve postponed family holidays,
    I’ve not furthered my career and have fell well down the ladder in my current job as my attitude was “I’m tipping off to the gaurds anyway” set in.
    My file is awaiting sign off for ages, no reason to why people who applied after I’ve been awaiting sign off are getting offers (well done to these people it’s not their fault) ...
    Hand on heart this recruitment has made the last 3 years of my life a misery I feel like I’ve been used and put in a frame of mind for no reason.
    Like everyone else we were on time for every little thing they told us to do, every form and print off ready with correct info. Got fit for the physicals (not easy for some) .. like me I even bought new glasses for the medical for €175 to assure I passed and I sent every bit of vetting off down to the area codes and Eir codes to also assure there wouldn’t be any hassles. I also paid close to €300 for mock interviews and tests privately.
    All of this to get no info back to where I’m at or to why I’m there or anything.
    I told my son we couldn’t take a holiday in January (i work over Xmas) because of possible recruitment and I told him in feb that I’ll be going in April to the gaurds so we will knock holiday on the head till the end of the year. I still
    Didn’t get any offer.
    This isn’t a sob story for people to feel bad because I’m only one person from one family and there’s 20, 30 maybe more people like me with all of this sh1t taking over their lives.
    I myself am done. Finito. I will take another direction and I haven’t a clue where that will be but I can’t live like this anymore.
    I’m not a petty person but it leaves the sourest of tastes in my mouth towards the organisation which has so many great members. The treatment I’ve received and ignorance won’t leave my mind in a hurry and I wouldn’t encourage anyone to go for it after this experience. It kills me as this is my 3rd time applying for AGS as I failed two previous campaigns. It’s ironic that the one I do pass isn’t even offered to me.
    I don’t often justify feeling sorry for myself but in this case when you’re hard done by you are hard done by. My tether has run out.
    Best of luck to everyone who gets it soon as I won’t deny it’s gonna be a great job.

I really feel for you and understand how worn down with it you are. You’re so close and have been so patient and also so helpful to everyone else. Maybe speak to the super in your own station and ask them to find out what the delay is. You’re so tenacious and you can’t walk away with no explanation as it will eat you up. You need closure in order to move on but try the super route as a last attempt. Print out your post and leave it with him and see what happens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 pubsize

I’m conceding defeat here now. I’m not signed off nor will I be anytime soon. The system is a joke.
    I’m booking holidays for the week the April intake begins and I’m going abroad the end of June too so will miss the next intake not like I’ll be signed off for that either. This has been the worst experience of my life, I’m actually disgusted at the whole organisation. I applied 922 days go for this job. 922 days. I did my interview 746 days ago, my medical 724 days ago and my Fitness test was 639 days ago. . . At that fitness test we were told we would surely make one of the next 2 intakes, worst case scenario we’d have to wait for 3. I count that 8 have gone by since then.
    Since that fitness test Garda HR did not contact me for well over a year (don’t have the exact days for this one) ... I’ve postponed family holidays,
    I’ve not furthered my career and have fell well down the ladder in my current job as my attitude was “I’m tipping off to the gaurds anyway” set in.
    My file is awaiting sign off for ages, no reason to why people who applied after I’ve been awaiting sign off are getting offers (well done to these people it’s not their fault) ...
    Hand on heart this recruitment has made the last 3 years of my life a misery I feel like I’ve been used and put in a frame of mind for no reason.
    Like everyone else we were on time for every little thing they told us to do, every form and print off ready with correct info. Got fit for the physicals (not easy for some) .. like me I even bought new glasses for the medical for €175 to assure I passed and I sent every bit of vetting off down to the area codes and Eir codes to also assure there wouldn’t be any hassles. I also paid close to €300 for mock interviews and tests privately.
    All of this to get no info back to where I’m at or to why I’m there or anything.
    I told my son we couldn’t take a holiday in January (i work over Xmas) because of possible recruitment and I told him in feb that I’ll be going in April to the gaurds so we will knock holiday on the head till the end of the year. I still
    Didn’t get any offer.
    This isn’t a sob story for people to feel bad because I’m only one person from one family and there’s 20, 30 maybe more people like me with all of this sh1t taking over their lives.
    I myself am done. Finito. I will take another direction and I haven’t a clue where that will be but I can’t live like this anymore.
    I’m not a petty person but it leaves the sourest of tastes in my mouth towards the organisation which has so many great members. The treatment I’ve received and ignorance won’t leave my mind in a hurry and I wouldn’t encourage anyone to go for it after this experience. It kills me as this is my 3rd time applying for AGS as I failed two previous campaigns. It’s ironic that the one I do pass isn’t even offered to me.

Honestly I've been watching these boards for months and yourself and five.0 have been fantastic in providing information and encouragement. It really would be a pity to see you give up after such a long and prolonged effort. Obviously nobody here knows you but I think you owe it to yourself to get an explanation and closure on the matter. Regardless of what way it goes for you thanks very much for all your advice on boards and I think I speak for everyone in wishing you the best of luck and holding out a bit of hope that you do get an offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 userunkown

Hopefull for today.....
    But losing hope too.
    Leaving it late enough for a 2nd induction week, with deferrals and 2nd round offers...

• Advertisement

userunkown wrote: »
    Hopefull for today.....
    But losing hope too.
    Leaving it late enough for a 2nd induction week, with deferrals and 2nd round offers...

Same, fingers crossed!

userunkown wrote: »
    Hopefull for today.....
    But losing hope too.

Did you meet your locals yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 userunkown

Did you meet your locals yet?

Yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Waterboy2828

Anyone get any offers today?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Barry69

Not for me anyway

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Bigred88

Nope for me too

offers are out!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 tutiefruite

offers are out!!!!

What date you get????

What date you get????

For the second week, 15th April.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 dardis91

Sept 2016 campaign got the offer 15th April absolutely delighted!!!

dardis91 wrote: »
    Sept 2016 campaign got the offer 15th April absolutely delighted!!!

Delighted for ya, well done. I hope the rest of the 16's get word too.

Delighted for ya, well done. I hope the rest of the 16's get word too.

You get the offer yourself? I was only down in templemore last Tuesday repeating my physical buzzing!!

You get the offer yourself? I was only down in templemore last Tuesday repeating my physical buzzing!!

Yeah I did, totally shocked. Wasn't expecting it at all tbh. Absolutely happy out:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Dumbo123

Still nothing.

Yeah I did, totally shocked. Wasn't expecting it at all tbh. Absolutely happy out:D.

Hopefully the long wait is worth it!! I’ve handed in the notice at work already 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Bigred88

Congrats guys
    Still nothing for me . Has anybody set up a July page yet lol

Bigred88 wrote: »
    Congrats guys
    Still nothing for me . Has anybody set up a July page yet lol

I'm sorry BigRed, genuinely. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Rparker17

July for me too. Files in the commissioners office since October. Congrats to all that got offers.

• Advertisement

Hopefully the long wait is worth it!! I’ve handed in the notice at work already 🙈
    I have to hand in my notice tomorrow my boss is going to absolutely go through me!

Advertisement