Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass shooting New Zealand Mosque - MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Wibbs wrote: »
    Maybe you should actually try reading....So it seems you can have a semiautomatic hunting/sport rifle in different calibers

Where does it say that?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Sorry folks. I went a bit too far. I need to be more vague like you are. Nobody here supports the shooter, but did he do anything wrong?

Did he do anything wrong ?
    Are you serious? , has anyone even remotely hinted that they think what he did wasn't a vile vile cowardly act!

F*ck him, and f*ck his manifesto - and f*ck people still watching the video and fb hosting it - it's what the c*nt wants!

I am surprised I need to be clear on my stance here.

That doesn't mean I agree with some media outlets blaming all white Australians or broadcasting the call to prayer in an otherwise secular country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭BabyCheeses

Sardonicat wrote: »
    He shot men women and children at point blank range. Do you think he did anything wrong?

I do. I’m not the one trying to talk about any other killing. I’m not the one defending websites that promote the shooters ideology.

I do. I’m not the one trying to talk about any other killing. I’m not the one defending websites that promote the shooters ideology.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭1641

• Advertisement

Did he do anything wrong ?
    Are you serious? , has anyone even remotely hinted that they think what he did wasn't a vile vile cowardly act!

F*ck him, and f*ck his manifesto - and f*ck people still watching the video and fb hosting it - it's what the c*nt wants!

I am surprised I need to be clear on my stance here.

That doesn't mean I agree with some media outlets blaming all white Australians or broadcasting the call to prayer in an otherwise secular country.

To be fair. If the same thing happened here, and it turned out to be you. I wouldn’t be surprised. You repeat the same stuff. Complaining about Muslims is your entire personality.

I’m not saying you would do it, but you definitely interact with someone who would and should probably have an eye kept on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

He shot men women and children at point blank range. Do you think he did anything wrong?

Perhaps you should be clear as to who you are addressing your posts to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Sorry folks. I went a bit too far. I need to be more vague like you are. Nobody here supports the shooter, but did he do anything wrong?
    Keep digging...
    Ah W. I believe he's referencing the large cohort of numpties that gurgle out tropes on this very forum that can found in that manifesto.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,641 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

God but your really jerking yourself off now.

They know themselves. They get overly defensive when you skip past their bull****.

• Advertisement

Ah W. I believe he's referencing the large cohort of numpties that gurgle out tropes on this very forum that can found in that manifesto.

Bingo!

Nothing from his manifesto was new, I’ve heard it all here before from the same people.

They know themselves. They get overly defensive when you skip past their bull****.
    "They" might.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Boggles wrote: »
    Where does it say that?

What semi-automatic firearms are affected by today’s changes?

Two types of firearms are now defined as MSSAs:

A semi-automatic firearm capable of being used with a detachable magazine which holds more than five cartridges
    A semi-automatic shotgun capable of being used with a detachable magazine which holds more than five cartridges.

Semi-automatic .22 calibre rimfire firearms with a magazine which holds no more than 10 rounds
    Semi-automatic and pump action shotguns with a non-detachable tubular magazine which holds no more than five rounds

No mention of caliber restrictions. So a semiautomatic firearm chambered for say .308 with a five round magazine is still legal. A lever action chambered for the same round doesn't get a mention. Ditto for bolt action. No mention of pump or lever action firearms other than shotguns. It's all focused on one type because "semiautomatic" are the "dangerous" weapons. Clueless.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Who did this and what website ?
    Can you link me and ill see if I have a different interpretation ...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

To be fair. If the same thing happened here, and it turned out to be you. I wouldn’t be surprised. You repeat the same stuff. Complaining about Muslims is your entire personality.

I’m not saying you would do it, but you definitely interact with someone who would and should probably have an eye kept on.
    Holy fucking christ, you've a neck as hard as a jockey's bollocks to make such a shabby accusation and character assignation like that.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Zorya I think. Might have mixed up the names. They were talking about Nigeria.

Breitbart. I’m sure it’s just a normal center website to you. All the comments are from people who are just concerned about mass immigration.

They are classifying as MSSA any semi-auto rifle capable of being used with a detachable >5 round magazine. (except .22 or smaller rimfire)

And similarly any semi-auto shotgun capable of being used with a detachable >5 round magazine.

Because of the term capable, my interpretation is that almost anything large calibre usable with a detachable magazine is now banned. Only old-fashioned semi-auto rifles with integral tube magazines (5 rounds or less) are still allowed.

https://www.police.govt.nz/advice/firearms-and-safety/changes-firearms
    (link to actual order here)

I find that it would be foolish to take any news source as gospel these days. Breitbart have an agenda, in much the same way as any other news agency. The BBC, CNN, Fox et al are all different cheeks of the same ****ty arse.

Just because Breitbard lean a different way than you lean, doesn't make them pond scum. CNN, MSNBC and other outlets that would be more along your way of thinking are equally egregious when it comes to unbiased reporting

I think it may be me he was talking about. This apparently is "defending" Breitbart.

What semi-automatic firearms are affected by today’s changes?

Two types of firearms are now defined as MSSAs:

A semi-automatic firearm capable of being used with a detachable magazine which holds more than five cartridges
    A semi-automatic shotgun capable of being used with a detachable magazine which holds more than five cartridges.

Semi-automatic .22 calibre rimfire firearms with a magazine which holds no more than 10 rounds
    Semi-automatic and pump action shotguns with a non-detachable tubular magazine which holds no more than five rounds

No mention of caliber restrictions. So a semiautomatic firearm chambered for say .308 with a five round magazine is still legal. A lever action chambered for the same round doesn't get a mention. Ditto for bolt action. No mention of pump or lever action firearms other than shotguns. It's all focused on one type because "semiautomatic" are the "dangerous" weapons. Clueless.

From what I read it states all semi automatic rifles are now banned.

Backed up my the PM.
    "Six days after this attack, we are announcing a ban on all military style semi-automatics (MSSA) and assault rifles in New Zealand,"...Related parts used to convert these guns into MSSAs are also being banned, along with all high-capacity magazines

Apart from

The legislation hasn't been published AFAIK, but it would seem this is not an optics exercise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Breitbart. I’m sure it’s just a normal center website to you. All the comments are from people who are just concerned about mass immigration.

Just to be CRYSTAL CLEAR - I have NEVER gone to Breitbart website, ever. I saw the story on the Christian Post, or something with that kind of name. Mad Christians.

• Advertisement

Zorya? ! Go back and read her post.

Holy fucking christ, you've a neck as hard as a jockey's bollocks to make such a shabby accusation and character assignation like that.

The main thing for Baby Cheeses is that he is having lots of fun on boards.ie off the back of all the murder.

They are classifying as MSSA any semi-auto rifle capable of being used with a detachable >5 round magazine. (except .22 or smaller rimfire)

And similarly any semi-auto shotgun capable of being used with a detachable >5 round magazine.

Because of the term capable, my interpretation is that almost anything large calibre usable with a detachable magazine is now banned. Only old-fashioned semi-auto rifles with integral tube magazines (5 rounds or less) are still allowed.

https://www.police.govt.nz/advice/firearms-and-safety/changes-firearms
    (link to actual order here)
    Certain semi-automatic firearms declared to be military style semi-automatic firearms
    For the purposes of the Arms Act 1983, the following firearms are declared to be military style semi-automatic firearms:
    (a)
    a semi-automatic firearm that is capable of being used in combination with a detachable magazine (other than one designed to hold 0.22-inch or less rimfire cartridges) that is capable of holding more than 5 cartridges:
    (b)
    a semi-automatic firearm that is a shotgun and that is capable of being used in combination with a detachable magazine that is capable of holding more than 5 cartridges.

http://www.legislation.govt.nz/regulation/public/2019/0055/latest/LMS173647.html?search=ts_act%40bill%40regulation%40deemedreg_arms+order_resel_25_a&p=1

Still sniping even after I made my position clear.

I don't trust Breitbart, they would be too far to the right - even for an evil nazi like me ... :rolleyes:

I’m not saying you would do it, but you definitely interact with someone who would and should probably have an eye kept on..

Wow!

Just.
    F*cking W0W!!

Zorya wrote: »
    I saw the story on the Christian Post

Oh yeah, that bastion of sanity.

:)

Still sniping even after I made my position clear.

I don't trust Breitbart, they would be too far to the right - even for an evil nazi like me ... :rolleyes:

Amusingly, Baby Cheeses for all his everyone is a Nazi views has views on Jews that often veer in to outright antisemitism.

Boggles wrote: »
    Oh yeah, that bastion of sanity.

:)

In fairness, going to a Christian website to read about murders of christians isn't really a strange thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭ArrBee

tuxy wrote: »
    No, there is only one place that he could go legally and that is extradition to Australia. Massive headache legally and would make New Zealand look bad for not taking care of its responsibility. I don't know if Australia could punish him for a crime that happened elsewhere.
    He would be safe in solitary, the chances of staff causing him harm would be very slim.

interestingly, Australia has made a show of sending "bad New Zealanders" back to NZ in recent years.
    Any reciprocal action by NZ could be based on the same "understanding". :)

• Advertisement

Wow!

Just.
    F*cking W0W!!
    Excuse me?

Advertisement