Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor Mcgregor arrested again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,541 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

maybe to make good use of his many millions, and heaven knows try and contribute something back to the "sport" and to young people in general.

am i asking too much?

It would appear that you are. He has an entourage and a following that defend and back him up at every turn.

There’s an awkward young guy in my work who worships McGregor like a god, I’ve mentioned it to his manager that we might be better served having him working for the IT department. He was even defending him after he attacked that bus full of people. He blamed that Russian lad, said he was a coward for not stepping off the bus.

Whenever McGregor steps out of line he has a bunch of people all telling him he’s great and not the problem.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

KikiLaRue wrote: »
    I dunno, you'd get a lot of coke and lamborghinis for $100m, and that was just one fights. You'd have to assume he still has a fortune coming in from merch and sponsorship deals.

True, but you see it time and time again in the sports world. Something like 50% of premiership footballers are bankrupt within 2 or 3 years of stopping playing. Boxing is particularly notorious for it, fighters make millions and end up penniless while the agents and promoters laugh all the way to the Bahamas.

Very few people are gifted enough to be top level athletes and also financial whizz kids. McGregor certainly isn't one of them, he appears to be as thick as pig shít.

When you need to trust someone much smarter than you with your hundred million, you're in a precarious situation. Few years of partying, some dodgey financial advice and next thing you know the money has stopped coming in and the tax man says you owe him 20 or 30 million.

4 or 5 years from now McGregor won't be up to fighting a gypo in a car park for a few grand, but that financial whizz who took all his money will still be a financial whizz, and still have his money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

It would appear that you are. He has an entourage and a following that defend and back him up at every turn.

There’s an awkward young guy in my work who worships McGregor like a god, I’ve mentioned it to his manager that we might be better served having him working for the IT department. He was even defending him after he attacked that bus full of people. He blamed that Russian lad, said he was a coward for not stepping off the bus.

Whenever McGregor steps out of line he has a bunch of people all telling him he’s great and not the problem.

You went behind a guys back in work and tried to get him moved elsewhere because he like McGregor and you don’t?????

Sounds fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Wheres Me Jumper?

that is sad, worrying yet unsurprising. i remember Mike Tyson (one of the best heavyweights ever imho) going through a similar phase during his career.
    he seems to have turned his life around, and i applaud him for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Perifect

that is sad, worrying yet unsurprising. i remember Mike Tyson (one of the best heavyweights ever imho) going through a similar phase during his career.
    he seems to have turned his life around, and i applaud him for it.

You applaud convicted rapist Mike Tyson?

• Advertisement

You went behind a guys back in work and tried to get him moved elsewhere because he like McGregor and you don’t?????

Sounds fair.

That’s not what happened, the two things were unrelated. The young lad talks about computers a lot so when in conversation with a fellow manager who wasn’t happy with his work I suggested talking to the IT lot about taking him on.

It had nothing to do with him “liking McGregor”. I was merely pointing out that to some people McGregor can do no wrong and isn’t at fault for his actions.

Please don’t misrepresent me again in future.

The tide is turning…

Perifect wrote: »

yes i applaud him for turning his life around, and for being a fantastic boxer.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Hmm, poster (wilfully?) misinterprets sentence to air their own view of it. I think most people would welcome the lack of chaos and violence in his life for everyone. One can signal honest approval of people's positive actions without ignoring their previous transgressions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,751 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

I'd get your solicitor on the phone immediately.

yes i applaud him for turning his life around, and for being a fantastic boxer.

And ignore that he's a convicted rapist?

• Advertisement

is_that_so wrote: »
    Hmm, poster (wilfully?) misinterprets sentence to air their own view of it. I think most people would welcome the lack of chaos and violence in his life for everyone. One can signal honest approval of people's positive actions without ignoring their previous transgressions.

I'm sure Desiree Washington also applauds his lack of violence currently. :rolleyes:

And ignore that he's a convicted rapist?

That's a question that has been discussed recently on the MJ thread, can you separate the art from the artist?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Cocaines a hell of a drug

Heard that in Mayweather's voice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

That’s not what happened, the two things were unrelated. The young lad talks about computers a lot so when in conversation with a fellow manager who wasn’t happy with his work I suggested talking to the IT lot about taking him on.

It had nothing to do with him “liking McGregor”. I was merely pointing out that to some people McGregor can do no wrong and isn’t at fault for his actions.

Yeah good one.

So you first state you asked for him
    to be moved without mentioning anything about him been into computers but when get pulled up on it you try explain your point was unrelated to McGregor.

Why even mention it then?

Don’t believe you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

In what way is the young guy awkward, that he has different opinion to you, he should lose his present job,

That's a question that has been discussed recently on the MJ thread, can you separate the art from the artist?

He wasn't separating his art only, he was applauding him. Not much consolation for his victim!

He wasn't separating his art only, he was applauding him. Not much consolation for his victim!

That's not what was said though, he applauded Tyson for being a fantastic boxer, which he was and for turning his life around, which is praise-worthy with regard to anyone.

No one said Tyson should be applauded for raping.

I'd get your solicitor on the phone immediately.

I guess we could always settle it like real men, I’ll smash up a bus filled with innocent bystanders that’s he’s on.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

there's literally no proof that Mcgregor is a volatile coked up thug, this was all just a misunderstanding don't be begrudgers Conor's best years are ahead of him he'll be back on top for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

These Mcgregor threads are always great! Round and round and round we go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

El_Bee wrote: »
    there's literally no proof that Mcgregor is a volatile coked up thug, this was all just a misunderstanding don't be begrudgers Conor's best years are ahead of him he'll be back on top for sure.

At 30 probably not. He seems to have elected to enjoy life to the fullest instead.

The rain falls hard on a humdrum town...

That's not what was said though, he applauded Tyson for being a fantastic boxer, which he was and for turning his life around, which is praise-worthy with regard to anyone.

No one said Tyson should be applauded for raping.

He applauded him for turning his life around, as I said, that's not much consolation to Desiree Washington. If McGregor was convicted of rape, would he just have to wait a few years until people started applauding him again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

Yawn.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

khaldrogo wrote: »
    Yawn.....

Says Khal Drogo, the fella who raped his wife on their wedding night

:pac:

I guess we could always settle it like real men, I’ll smash up a bus filled with innocent bystanders that’s he’s on.

Don't forget your hand truck.

He applauded him for turning his life around, as I said, that's not much consolation to Desiree Washington. If McGregor was convicted of rape, would he just have to wait a few years until people started applauding him again?

I doubt she's reading this tbf.

You can't separate the art from the artist and that's fair enough but some people can and do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

I see people with I Phones all the time, if we watch on telly when the stars are out, the general public are there with these things in their faces,
    I think it is rather rude , if people want to just say hello, say it, but instead these things are shoved in peoples face, I guess he snapped, sick of it all of the time,

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

He'll be wrecking buses next ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭KikiLaRue

Yeah good one.

So you first state you asked for him
    to be moved without mentioning anything about him been into computers but when get pulled up on it you try explain your point was unrelated to McGregor.

Why even mention it then?

Don’t believe you.

Why even have discussions with people online if you're just going to say "don't believe you" every time someone says something you don't agree with?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement