Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf - Mario vs Sonic - SONIC WORLD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    tenor.gif?itemid=5126571

Be wary of the giffers, suspect pile for you.

btw. EVERYONE is on the suspect pile, so this means absolutely nothing :pac::pac::pac: :eek:

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Angus WW wrote: »
    #FFA1

1. Liam - I think Vernon made a respectable case against Liam. I think it is probaly the better of the 3 suspects I have

2. Clodagh - The second best case i have is the sheer audacity of clodagh to think she can clear day1 without saying a word.

3. Brendan - This one is the weakest of my three suspects and as of right now this one is very likely to change before vote time.

200.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Either they were bad, and they knew I was being truthful in my statement that I didn't know, or they are good and they didn't know that if I knew the answer or not.
    I know that I didn't know if they were friend or foe at the time, so I know I was not lying.
    Do you believe that you have caught me out telling a lie there?

No, but I'm wondering why you said knowing that you can't answer the friend or foe thing should make Vernon be able to work out whether you or good or bad.

I don't think you did any lying. I'm just wondering why you said that.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Be wary of the giffers, suspect pile for you.

btw. EVERYONE is on the suspect pile, so this means absolutely nothing :pac::pac::pac: :eek:

Ah, see, you remembered to put the smilie! :P

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Desmond WW wrote: »
    Calling for a vig is good for many things. One being; seeing the way you and Phil have been singing exactly the same song in coming out against it. Phil I can understand. You? If it's a wolf play, then you've got your next target once Phil comes up village. I think you've gone a bit over board trying to take heat off your wolfy team mate.

If going over board is saying that your case on him makes sense and putting him on my FFA then I guess so.

I get your narrative that I am on his team because in your opinion I have defended him. However suggesting you calling for a vig to shoot someone on Sunday is a wolfie action isn't defending the person your accusing. Especially not when I say that they could be a wolf and repeatidly ask why you made that suggestion to the vig. It is accusational towards you however so I do understand that you may be defensive and against myself as a result.

• Advertisement

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    No, but I'm wondering why you said knowing that you can't answer the friend or foe thing should make Vernon be able to work out whether you or good or bad.

I don't think you did any lying. I'm just wondering why you said that.

Should I not have said it?

I don't see a call for a vig shot as necessarily wolfy. Just means someone is confident enough to stand behind their words with action. In fact in the case where Phil flips village after the vig acts on Desmond's word, it makes him a big target.

Rash and possibly premature, yes. Wolfy? Nah.

The most wolfy thing by far is Phil floundering around trying to make weird links and connections off something he initially said.

Vernon WW wrote: »
    I don't see a call for a vig shot as necessarily wolfy. Just means someone is confident enough to stand behind their words with action. In fact in the case where Phil flips village after the vig acts on Desmond's word, it makes him a big target.

Despite you not agreeing with my read on that post this is actually an example of why I've left you off my FFA. I'd think a villager would see that as a rash and premature action and therefore not one they would be likely to make. Des made it though and thus he made his way on to my FFA

The most wolfy thing by far is Phil floundering around trying to make weird links and connections off something he initially said.

My FFA has to be close though :)

• Advertisement

Seriously, have you never played this? :P
    Weird links and connections, especially when the game starts with a lynch, is pretty much par for the course. In fact, I'd be more worried about the people who AREN'T making weird links and connections at this point.

I also wonder if you're self aware enough to re-read your post about Desmond, specifically the part about "When Phil flips good, he'll be a big target afterwards".

My FFA has to be close though :)

:D

Seriously, have you never played this? :P
    Weird links and connections, especially when the game starts with a lynch, is pretty much par for the course. In fact, I'd be more worried about the people who AREN'T making weird links and connections at this point.

I also wonder if you're self aware enough to re-read your post about Desmond, specifically the part about "When Phil flips good, he'll be a big target afterwards".

Lol.

There you go again with the misdirection. It's a hypothetical scenario

There you go again with the misdirection. It's a hypothetical scenario

What, me flipping good?

Obviously I don't believe it is hypothetical....

What, me flipping good?

Obviously I don't believe it is hypothetical....

You can believe what you like, but painting it as me having some sort of inside knowledge about your alignment when I never said that is the misdirection on your part.
    As for the links etc:

I dunno how others play, but I make connections later in the game, based off stuff like lynch votes and data. For example, while Des is convinced Mary is your wolfy team mate, I'm not so sure yet.

I'd be more convinced if you did flip red however at this time, neither of you have been flipped so it's hard for me to make that sort of judgement call with no other data.

Mary could just like to chat, and given there weren't too many conversing in the thread at the time could simply be caught in the crossfire of having no one else to talk to.

She could also be very hairy. I don't know yet.

You can believe what you like, but painting it as me having some sort of inside knowledge about your alignment when I never said that is the misdirection on your part.

I'm not painting you as anything, Vernon. You keep reading into my posts way deeper than you need to.

You said Desmond may have a target on his back if I flip good.
    I said that would be an issue for you too.
    You said it was a hypothetical.
    I said it wasn't.

I didn't paint you as having inside knowledge at all. I'm warning that I will flip good, and you've spent most of today trying to get me hung up. There's not a hidden meaning there.

I'm not painting you as anything, Vernon. You keep reading into my posts way deeper than you need to.

You said Desmond may have a target on his back if I flip good.
    I said that would be an issue for you too.
    You said it was a hypothetical.
    I said it wasn't.

I didn't paint you as having inside knowledge at all. I'm warning that I will flip good, and you've spent most of today trying to get me hung up. There's not a hidden meaning there.

You might as well give us your checklist about me that you've been on about anyways, I'm intrigued given you've mentioned it a number of times now :)

You might as well give us your checklist about me that you've been on about anyways, I'm intrigued given you've mentioned it a number of times now :)

You sure you want me to?

I mean, if I'd done a task, or at least decided to post in a manner that makes it look like I had, I'd not be baiting someone to out me about it....

Angus what's your opinon on Des/Vern/Phil?

The conversation now seems to be what way Phil might flip but very few people have really given their opinion on whose bad. I hope the quieter posters don't just follow the vocal ones and instead give their own reading of whats going on. I ask you specifically as you've been active on the thread unlike some of the others but I'd love for them to speak up more so too.

unfortunate end to the match but still a comfortable win for Ireland

You sure you want me to?

I mean, if I'd done a task, or at least decided to post in a manner that makes it look like I had, I'd not be baiting someone to out me about it....

You mean these?

Ok I'm finished with the pics for now Angus ol'buddy ol'pal.

Not much point in talking about the roles on the side of good, pretty clear what they do for the most part.

Evil Shaman gives me the jitters. Also Bowser is like the suckiest baddy that ever did suck.
    Tell me, Angus - you friend or foe?

Wonder if we have auto-priest.

Only time will tell I guess.
    That's pretty simple.

Here on Sonic World, the spiky folks are the good people, plus some extras.

Really the baddies are the mushroom eaters anyways.

Equally they're definitely bad here.

Easy answer though, village or baddie? I'm village anyways.
    For now I'm off to bed.

Only two of us about, and you're not sharing too much Angus :(

Unless you're evil?

Really hope you're not.
    Flip sake Angus

I asked a simple question.

Very odd you beat about the bush rather than answer.

Easily suspect, however lots yet to post.
    Sup Dessie.

I'm sure you've checked you're in the right thread.

Xylophones will attack you viciously if you aren't.
    So quick to anger Angus.

Even at this early stage.

Very worrying.

Extremely in fact.

Never mind, more will post before I cast my judgement.
    Presumably related to the chaos emeralds. Of which there are seven in total for those not in the know regarding the games :)

:)

• Advertisement

Yeap.

You hunting emeralds Vernon?

Yeap.

You hunting emeralds Vernon?

Could be.

Could also just be messing about in the middle of the night. :)

Dangerous to be messing with that Vernon.

Paints it as a 50/50 chance you're Wario.

For your narrative, it sure does.

For your narrative, it sure does.

Is there another Vernon?

Mary WW wrote: »
    Angus what's your opinon on Des/Vern/Phil?

The conversation now seems to be what way Phil might flip but very few people have really given their opinion on whose bad. I hope the quieter posters don't just follow the vocal ones and instead give their own reading of whats going on. I ask you specifically as you've been active on the thread unlike some of the others but I'd love for them to speak up more so too.

unfortunate end to the match but still a comfortable win for Ireland

My opinion on Des/Vern/Phil

By teamed below, I mean share a room and know each others alignment.
    I doubt phil is teamed with either des or vern.
    A des/vern teaming is plausible.

I've a good lean on des, but that does not mean his read on phil is correct, just that i agree with how he came to that conclusion.

If phil flips wolf, I'd happily put both des and vern in my good pile and move on, so there is benifit in seeing phil flip.

If phil flips good though, i have far less usefulness in seeing them flip as i wouldn't use that as a reason to condemn either des or vern, as i agree with their findings so far.

I'd be happier lynching an inactive than risking losing an active player for d1 lynch and keeping inactives who are doing absolutely nothing to help the village.

Is there another Vernon?

Nope, one and only :D

Can you explain this for me.

50/50 of hitting a wolf is not bad at all, i just have know idea where you pulled that from.

Nope, one and only :D

*Sigh*

Is there another, Vernon?

• Advertisement

Can you explain this for me.

50/50 of hitting a wolf is not bad at all, i just have know idea where you pulled that from.

OP states two characters are hunting the emeralds. Sonic and Wario.

Vernon counted 1-7 with his posts (first letter of each line), and straight up pointed out there's 7 emeralds.

He also soft claimed Sonic super quickly to cover too, AND reacted super badly to me this morning when I was sniffing round the lack of a "tasks" rule.

So there's a 50/50 chance he's Wario, and his over-defensiveness is because he's Wario trying to cover up.

Advertisement