Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf - Mario vs Sonic - SONIC WORLD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Anyways, as fun as it is to rag on Phil for at best his poorly selected phrases ;)

I wish we had more activity on this island.

Just checked the lynch form. No sign of No Lynch there, so we're gonna need people (particularly the villagers) to speak up with a lynch tonight.

As I said last night, two mislynches and we've lost so hit wrong tonight and we are at LYLO already, presuming there aren't any changes or additions.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Vernon WW wrote: »
    Just checked the lynch form. No sign of No Lynch there, so we're gonna need people (particularly the villagers) to speak up with a lynch tonight.

As I said last night, two mislynches and we've lost so hit wrong tonight and we are at LYLO already, presuming there aren't any changes or additions.

You've gone and said it again, stop spreading this misinformation.

Angus WW wrote: »
    You've gone and said it again, stop spreading this misinformation.

Correct me so:

7 vs 3 - lynch wrong

6 vs 3

munch

5 vs 3

lynch wrong

4 vs 3

Munch for parity.

Not taking into account Knuckles shots but looking at the current game state on this island.

I'm aware that the win cons state:
    For the baddies to win the game they have to ensure any other evil sides are dead and gain parity with the village.

However, based off the current game state on this island which is the only one we have influence over my above calculations are correct.

• Advertisement

Mary WW wrote: »
    Only half of the Sonic World inhabitants have posted. Technically it is Day 0 but then again the first lynch is today unless subject to change happens. Hopefully more get on anyway as we really need something to vote off

Technically it is Day 1 with a lynch happening at 9pm. After that comes night 1.

I'm aware that the win cons state:

However, based off the current game state on this island which is the only one we have influence over my above calculations are correct.

Your sentence 'munch for parity' in your scribblings above, can you explain why you ended there?
    That is not game over and you know it.
    So, you are either deliberately lying and spreading misinformation, or innocently dimwitted, but, I am struggling to place you as the former.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

(I wish it wasn’t you Vernon that this was aimed at but since you’re the one saying it...)

I personally hate the “we can’t afford a mislynch” narratives. It’s very, very often one wolves push because it makes them look like concerned villagers, and often feels designed to both pressure people into making harsh decisions, AND can hurt morale of a village.

I’d way rather be upbeat about our chances than be trying to push the idea the village are in trouble already.

Your sentence 'munch for parity' in your scribblings above, can you explain why you ended there?
    That is not game over and you know it.
    So, you are either deliberately lying and spreading misinformation, or innocently dimwitted, but, I am struggling to place you as the former.

As I said, based off current gamestate, there's only one evil team on this island so they merely have to gain parity.

That might change, but based off the OP and win cons that's my reading of the situation as it stands.

Phil WW wrote: »
    (I wish it wasn’t you Vernon that this was aimed at but since you’re the one saying it...)

I personally hate the “we can’t afford a mislynch” narratives. It’s very, very often one wolves push because it makes them look like concerned villagers, and often feels designed to both pressure people into making harsh decisions, AND can hurt morale of a village.

I’d way rather be upbeat about our chances than be trying to push the idea the village are in trouble already.

Where did I say the village was in trouble? Merely pointing out the gamestate as I see it

• Advertisement

As I said, based off current gamestate, there's only one evil team on this island so they merely have to gain parity.

That might change, but based off the OP and win cons that's my reading of the situation as it stands.

So, you admit its the former then, you are deliberately lying.

From OP "We have 20 players"
    On this island is 10 players.
    For the baddies to win the game they have to ensure any other evil sides are dead and gain parity with the village.

Current game state is not based of one island.

So, you admit its the former then, you are deliberately lying.

From OP "We have 20 players"
    On this island is 10 players.

Current game state is not based of one island.

The only game state we can affect is this island at present, it's really best to treat it as two seperate games until such a time as they combine (if at all, but it's more than likely given the win cons).

Where are you getting the lying from? I've stated on numerous occasions that I'm speaking in terms of this island only. I'll admit I may have misspoke regarding losing should the above scenario happen alright.

Out of the 6 known baddies, does anyone know these games enough to know which baddies are likely teamed up.
    How do we know that the 3 baddies on this island are on the same team?

Out of the 6 known baddies, does anyone know these games enough to know which baddies are likely teamed up.
    How do we know that the 3 baddies on this island are on the same team?

I'd know both games pretty well. I think the three baddies in our OP given the pics etc are here on this island in Sonic World, however they are Mario based baddies.

Bowser, Wario and Waluigi are all baddies in Mario games (although Wario does feature in his own games sometimes not as a baddie)

On the flipside, Sonic based baddies are in Mushroom kingdom so that's likely the Mario VS Sonic element of the game.

The only game state we can affect is this island at present, it's really best to treat it as two seperate games until such a time as they combine (if at all, but it's more than likely given the win cons).

Where are you getting the lying from? I've stated on numerous occasions that I'm speaking in terms of this island only. I'll admit I may have misspoke regarding losing should the above scenario happen alright.

The game has 20 players, you cannot speak about current game state by only speaking of this island. That would be current island state.

The game has 20 players, you cannot speak about current game state by only speaking of this island. That would be current island state.

We'll agree to differ on that one, given we have no influence over Mushroom Kingdom :)

We'll agree to differ on that one, given we have no influence over Mushroom Kingdom :)

No influence?? So if I was to state that in my opinion, Doris is Wolfy, you think that would have no influence over there?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

So I’m super worried about Vernon, BUT I do think he’s along the right lines in terms of playing this as a 10 person event. If/when a merge happens, we can worry bout numbers then, but I do think in the mean time, the focus should be on this as a 7 vs 3 game.

No influence?? So if I was to state that in my opinion, Doris is Wolfy, you think that would have no influence over there?

Hard to tell, and not something that concerns me until such a time as the islands are united.

I just wish the others would speak up:
    Brendan WW
    Clodagh WW
    Gabriel WW
    Katie WW
    Liam WW

Otherwise the four of us posting (and Desmond with his two posts late last night) will likely end up tearing strips off each other all day.

• Advertisement

Are you suggesting here we lynch into the mutes. I'm not against it, but how do we decide between the mutes?

giphy.gif

Be back later. I'm off to play some FM and shout at the TV for a couple of hours. Hopefully there'll be more life here then!

Are you suggesting here we lynch into the mutes. I'm not against it, but how do we decide between the mutes?

Before I go - I don't know to be honest. I'm uncomfortable with Phil's entrance to the thread and follow up responses but he is at least posting which is more than can be said for the others.

That being said, a few might still not be aware of there being a lynch tonight (subject to change), and treating it as the usual lazy Sunday.

It's difficult without any form of input. And I hate voting randomly

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

You can tell who isn’t a noob and played the Jurassic park game as they are referring to mushroom kingdom as the other island.

Mary WW wrote: »
    You can tell who isn’t a noob and played the Jurassic park game as they are referring to mushroom kingdom as the other island.

:confused: I'm not quite sure what the point of this is

:confused: I'm not quite sure what the point of this is

Want to suggest it is fluff? Want to cast aspersions on myself? Or overly defensive like with Phil's gif comment earier as you were again one of the people refering to it as such.

We have a number of new players this game. Anyone who claims to be a noob later but was referring to the other thread as an other island is talking bull imo as they most likely are calling it that due to the JP experience. That was all

Mary WW wrote:
    We have a number of new players this game. Anyone who claims to be a noob later but was referring to the other thread as an other island is talking bull imo as they most likely are calling it that due to the JP experience. That was all

Grand but no one seems to be claiming to be a new player at the moment so I'm just wondering why mention it now.

Grand but no one seems to be claiming to be a new player at the moment so I'm just wondering why mention it now.

Might have forgotten about it later, thought it note worthy and Conversation gets people talking. Unfortunately it only got already talkative, argueably a little defensive you talking though. I will be busy this evening and plan to watch the rugby before that so am really hoping the rest of our Island starts talking now.

Right now you and Phil seem sus of each other
    Maybe Angus is sus of you, it's harder to tell

apart from that it's impossible to tell, which really does not help given what the odds already are for hitting a wolf on the first lynch. Wouldn't be surprised at all if Wolves stayed quiet and allowed everyone to get at each other especially while they have safety in numbers in terms of us having plenty of quiet folk at this point.

apparently it would as it was just mentioned that on that thread that Doris was called out on this one. Whether the person there did so as it gave them an easy chance to cast shade or for other reasons who knows though

• Advertisement

Mary WW wrote:
    apart from that it's impossible to tell, which really does not help given what the odds already are for hitting a wolf on the first lynch. Wouldn't be surprised at all if Wolves stayed quiet and allowed everyone to get at each other especially while they have safety in numbers in terms of us having plenty of quiet folk at this point.

Well if there is a lynch tonight, if they don't post but put a vote in they'd be highly suspect would you agree?

I've no issue going after the low/no posters but as there are so many at this point in time (as Angus pointed out), who do you pick? And based off what :pac:

For example if I said I wanted to lynch Liam, what would your response be to that?

Advertisement