Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

I just don’t understand why people are arguing that we should tolerate this kind of scum coming into our country.

Refugee status/immigration visa should come with responsibility- if you or your scum offspring act the c*nt then straight back on the next flight to whatever kip you came from- with flights paid for by flogging all the possessions in your house.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,714 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

washiskin wrote: »
    I came from a low income household who, until I was 8, lived in a house with no running water or toilet. We applied for a council house in the late 70s and were lucky to have been given one. From the moment we were finished the leaving, we were sent out to work. Both my parents worked and we never, ever brought trouble to the door......my Ma would gave leathered us. Once, in my 20s a Garda arrived out to my Da with a parking fine for me..... I didn't hear the end of it for months.

I'm sick of the usual excuses, nothing to do, bad area to be reared in, no hope of a job because of no chances to advance in education. The State spends a fortune trying to keep people in education, even in adulthood. Take responsibility, ffs! If you rear your kids like feral animals you shoulder massive blame for them becoming gob****es.:mad:

There's the difference IMO. "Back in the day" kids were taught to respect the law and their parents with real consequences for them if they didn't.

Now, I'm not suggesting we go back to the days of "battering" kids, but a lot of parents these days are far too concerned with being their child's friend and giving them what they want, than being an authority figure, and teaching them respect and the value of work and effort.
    Part of this of course is absent parents (through work or separation) over-compensating when they ARE around, but the result is the same.. kids with no real value or appreciation of anything, and who haven't heard the word "no" enough.

You can't blame these parents entirely for this though - we live in a culture where any sort of negativity is "damaging", where excuses are made in place of responsibility, and where the Court of the Internet passes instant judgement on anything/anyone not in keeping with this mindset.

It's small wonder then that as these kids get older and the hormones kick in, that this attitude manifests itself into antisocial behaviour and worse in some cases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

That latest assault in Ashbourne seems to be linked to a teenage gang from Swords. Not all black.
    These lads are playing a very dangerous game. They have no understanding of Irish culture. We are very friendly up to a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Dante7 wrote: »
    That latest assault in Ashbourne seems to be linked to a teenage gang from Swords. Not all black.
    These lads are playing a very dangerous game. They have no understanding of Irish culture. We are very friendly up to a point.

They don't give a fcuk, that's part of the problem. They believe they are untouchable, and to a certain degree they are. Courts can do nothing, they know this and feel untouchable.Only thing they will understand and respect is violence.

Outside of "very working class" areas we're incredibly soft now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

not yet wrote: »
    They don't give a fcuk, that's part of the problem. They believe they are untouchable, and to a certain degree they are. Courts can do nothing, they know this and feel untouchable.Only thing they will understand and respect is violence.

That's the thing, they only have knowledge of the soft liberal aspect of our society. Their only experience is getting away with it. They have no understanding or experience of the element in Irish culture that will take action when they cross a line. They are crossing it now. Eventually they cross the wrong person and they learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭SporadicMan

I just got into a bit of a rabbit hole about this. I found the Mam's Facebook account through the DublinLive post and through there, I saw she posted a few posts on her account with the details of some of the lads.

Seems like they're from Swords.

Mad thing is that some of the lads involved are actually replying to her status with fake accounts, I'm assuming.

Leaving comments like '1-0 Swords'.

Disgusting. One of them with the last name 'Chkhaidze'

This type of thing has been happening for over a year now. Over 2 years even.

Nobody's going to do a thing. Not even the Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,361 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I just got into a bit of a rabbit hole about this. I found the Mam's Facebook account through the DublinLive post and through there, I saw she posted a few posts on her account with the details of some of the lads.

Seems like they're from Swords.

Mad thing is that some of the lads involved are actually replying to her status with fake accounts, I'm assuming.

Leaving comments like '1-0 Swords'.

Disgusting. One of them with the last name 'Chkhaidze'

The young lad who was attacked , his family are originally from Finglas South .
    Berryfield Road or if you know the area "Battlefield Road" , I'd be very surprised if his family didn't react.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Folks, I'm hearing that Raheny is under siege every weekend with a gang roaming about with knives and wrecking the place. My first thought was this thread and the talk of the balbriggan gang, and that it's maybe the same people. Anybody have an insight, or if it's as bad as the social media posts are letting on?

• Advertisement

delly wrote: »
    Folks, I'm hearing that Raheny is under siege every weekend with a gang roaming about with knives and wrecking the place. My first thought was this thread and the talk of the balbriggan gang, and that it's maybe the same people. Anybody have an insight, or if it's as bad as the social media posts are letting on?

They've definitely been hitting Raheny recently:

https ://www .dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/teen-brandishing-knife-among-gang-15850441

They're not just isolated to one area. They've hit Portmarnock and Malahide a good few times over the last year.

Feels like it's literally weekly attacks / incidents at this stage. Difficult to understand why this isn't bigger news, but the Deliveroo incident literally made Europe-wide news.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,310 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

These lads seem to forget that if this country didn't take in their parents they would probably be living in some shanty town in Africa.

Looks like we are going the same way as across the pond, we only have to turn on the news there to see what our future will be.

I couldn't live in an area were gangs were assaulting people going about their business on a daily basis.

And let's face it they have no fear of the Guards, if they try to arrest them the race card will be pulled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Giveaway

The cost of getting here means we did not get the shantytown dwellers or subsistence farmers. We got middle class whose children have a massive sense of entitlement with no work ethic who blame the Irish and cry rascism instead of taking a hard look at themselves. If we got the shanty town dwellers, they would have been a lot more greatful and productive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Giveaway wrote: »
    The cost of getting here means we did not get the shantytown dwellers or subsistence farmers. We got middle class whose children have a massive sense of entitlement with no work ethic who blame the Irish and cry rascism instead of taking a hard look at themselves. If we got the shanty town dwellers, they would have been a lot more greatful and productive.

How are they getting to stay here? Is there a war in Nigeria?

These lads seem to forget that if this country didn't take in their parents they would probably be living in some shanty town in Africa.

Looks like we are going the same way as across the pond, we only have to turn on the news there to see what our future will be.

I couldn't live in an area were gangs were assaulting people going about their business on a daily basis.

And let's face it they have no fear of the Guards, if they try to arrest them the race card will be pulled.

These kids are a mix of white Irish and emigrant kids.
    Definitely not exclusively African.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭rgodard80a

How are they getting to stay here? Is there a war in Nigeria?

Another legacy of Fianna Fail, when they opened the gates to allow thousands of them in to fill the perceived labour shortage in the boom when the Irish wouldn't take the jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Stephen Gawking

I think you are giving these filth a bit too much credit, half dozen grown men with the necessary equipment and you wouldn't see these tramps for dust.

Whatever about all that anyway, hope the young lad makes a full recovery it was a terrible beating he got.

Didn't this happen in Blanchardstown late last year? A biker club battered a few of them & put serious manners on them or so i read. I've seen these thugs on the commuter line to & from Balbriggan, their behaviour is absolutely unreal. There is a real problem which some posters here seem to want to ignore. The poor lad on Ashbourne is lucky to be alive. Hope he has a speedy recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,310 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

These kids are a mix of white Irish and emigrant kids.
    Definitely not exclusively African.

Mostly black from the videos I've seen but yeah a scrote is a scrote no matter what colour they are.

rgodard80a wrote: »
    Another legacy of Fianna Fail, when they opened the gates to allow thousands of them in to fill the perceived labour shortage in the boom when the Irish wouldn't take the jobs.

Cracking post , you've managed to target emigrants , layabout Irish and Fianna Fail in one go.

Mostly black from the videos I've seen but yeah a scrote is a scrote no matter what colour they are.

His family have posted pictures of white Irish and African kids and named them.
    In saying that I didn't look at any videos.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Cracking post , you've managed to target emigrants , layabout Irish and Fianna Fail in one go.

All the same to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭spakman

I wish people would learn the difference between emigrants and immigrants.
    The people that moved here are emigrants from their own country and immigrants to Ireland.

spakman wrote: »
    I wish people would learn the difference between emigrants and immigrants.
    The people that moved here are emigrants from their own country and immigrants to Ireland.

Have you tried " wishing upon a star " ?

Didn't this happen in Blanchardstown late last year? A biker club battered a few of them & put serious manners on them or so i read. I've seen these thugs on the commuter line to & from Balbriggan, their behaviour is absolutely unreal. There is a real problem which some posters here seem to want to ignore. The poor lad on Ashbourne is lucky to be alive. Hope he has a speedy recovery.

Two of the gang leaders were identified, both their gafs were smashed up, and the two lads got a proper hiding. The families were then relocated to the City center having been already relocated to Clonee from Tyrellstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭rgodard80a

The Irish weren't layabouts in the boom, we had near full employment to the point where lower paid/lower skilled job vacancies were hard to fill.
    You'd think access to the EU labour force would be enough, with loads of Polish (with great work ethic) were coming over, but Fianna Fail decided to let 40,000 Africans in too. Even though we had no treaty/legal requirement to let in so many.

Which part do you dispute?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

El_Bee wrote:
    How do you explain Mr Flashy?

Jailed or dead within a couple of years. Plus his arsehole mate who drives the Beemer,swaggering around Tesco like a big shot all 5' nothing of him
    I take it you're not too keen on his mate?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

not yet wrote: »
    Two of the gang leaders were identified, both their gafs were smashed up, and the two lads got a proper hiding. The families were then relocated to the City center having been already relocated to Clonee from Tyrellstown.

You've got to love when scum sorts out scum.

What makes you say that..?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,714 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Unfortunately in many of the more extreme cases it's the only thing that works. Scum like this (imported or native - just for balance) have no fear of the Gardai, justice system or prison. But then, given these institutions can't deal with even minor criminality it's no surprise they are ill-equipped to deal with the harder stuff.

It's why I don't bat an eyelid when I hear reports of one scumbag shooting another - so long as there's no innocent people caught up in it let them kill each other off entirely for all I care.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

Ok so they can't be jailed because they are underage.

Then we need to find a way to punish parents who can't/won't/don't control their children.

Introduce an ASBO system.

If child recieves an ASBO child benefit is automatically stopped.

If child gets a second ABSO, parent is fined.

If child gets a third ASBO, parent loses all state benefits, welfare, housing benefit etc.

There should be zero tolerance for this ****.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement