Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BMW drivers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Let's see your BMW's / units

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭emeldc

Here's mine. Fcuk yiz :)

BA1KArd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I wonder if you become a wanker when you buy BMW
    Or if you buy BMW because you are a wanker

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

xHQcNxKl.jpg

Ideal conditions for it :D

:D

PtKfrPJ.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Both the BMW and Z were somewhat broken when I took this :p
    ldUURSTl.jpg?1

Says me who daily drives a hideously complex, mistreated, old, cheap Peugeot 607...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Looking at the pics of the BMW's here from older to newer...

63bH880.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

Proud owner. I think my indicators work, not sure. Haven't tested them in a while.

0WMFNaD.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Awwwww, car friends!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,132 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Awwwww, car friends!

awww fwiend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

474923.jpg

An electric BMW for extra smugness. Plus I have an Audi ICE so definitely in double wanker territory.
    For what it's worth I find mini cooper drivers the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Where does Angus keep his bags for life??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,552 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Ush1 wrote: »
    Where does Angus keep his bags for life??:confused:

In a press, like any normal person does.

The tide is turning…

It needs a dust, I mean valet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

474951.jpg

474952.jpg

I love this bike and when it comes to that heart braking moment when I've to change it it'll be replaced by another BMWR1200GS

Ain't the fastest bike in the world, but she's a mule. It'll go full loaded, two up all day long over the roughest roads and in all weathers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

474953.jpg

On a charity toy ride out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Wheres Me Jumper?

Tacklebox wrote: »
    Bmw's are seriously rubbish car's, I've a chipped vw 200 bhp 2.0 hybrid turbo 2 litre passat estate....

Leaves most of those tossers in a pile of dust....

I don't drive fast much but, when these guys drive up your arse, and youre pushing up a hill it leaves them hooning and pissinng the fuel out of the exhaust trying to catch up with you....

Eventuality i just let the **** pass....

see i told you those pissat drivers all have chips on their shoulders.:D

Here's my BMW, being replaced by a Ducati Multistrada next week.
    bBc2WkG.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

mordeith wrote: »
    474923.jpg
    How odd. It looks like whoever designed this car fell asleep once they got past the door handle.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

How odd. It looks like whoever designed this car fell asleep once they got past the door handle.
    They're actually nice in the flesh. Different yes, quirky, but nice. About the nicest of the leccy cars.

You want falling asleep M? Try the Skoda Roomster, where you can actually see the designer taking full strength blotter acid.

1200px-Skoda_Roomster_front_20091212.jpg

Took it as he started on the front bumper. Thought his dealer had stiffed him as he continued on through the wings, bonnet and A pillar. Then he started to come up on the buzz. By the B pillar he was tripping balls and by the end he was laying on the carpet screaming the ant king was coming to kill his grandmother. Who was spouting beat poetry from the grave.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

Wibbs wrote: »
    Try the Skoda Roomster

pQIMfsQ.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Aegir wrote: »
    I went from a golf to a fairly sporty looking 3 series and instantly noticed other drivers treating me differently.

It’s lovely to drive, but I won’t be buying another one

Its odd to bail out like that when on the standard path :

1) A Golf. Possibly a hand-me-down from Mum who has moved to a 3-series (colour match of Dad's 5 series of course). At least its German. Hint of BMW spartan quality too.

2) Golf GTI. Also second hand. But now with power! Still hankering after the real thing though.

3) Finally. Yes! A used 3 series coupe. A man to be reckoned with, who no longer has to struggle with trying to pretend Golfs are almost-BMWs. And can freely look down on VWs as cars of the plebs again.

4) Moving up in the world. A new 3-series. New car smell. New number plate - even better. 4 doors this time. Wife. 1st child. At a glance, in fading light, can almost pretend its a 5 series.

5) Arrival. Self actualisation. Ubermensch even. Smugness is even more satisfying than imagined. A 5 series. Stick with this model, upgrading every three years, for about 20 years. The ne plus ultra.

6). Well not quite. It suddenly strikes that rather a lot of quite ordinary people have them now really. People one should be looking down on. Yes, we need to climb a little higher....an X5. Oh joy. Absolute king of the road now. Looking down was never more satisfying.

7) Ageing. Need to recapture something. Oh BMW, you have read my mind all my life....a 6 Series. Back to the two door. Echo of the glory days of 20s in the old 3 series coupe (wonder if I could find a restored one of that model actually, just for old times sake, and the occasional Sunday outing in the summer?), but with more power, gravitas, distinction. Treat Mrs to an X3 for the anniversary, and can still take it out now and again when a bit of height is needed.

Good old BMW. Cars for egos of all ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Just sold the 5 series to get the Audi as needed more space. My wife still has a bmw though.

No idea why the pic is upside down. Shows fine on the phone then does that when I attach it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭NSAman

It could be worse... imagine driving a Toyota Prius... *shudder*

Not only are drivers of prii massive ****s but they act like ****s too.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭cd07

Have to agree...everytime u merge into the fast lane its always a bmw or Audi driving cockend! Absolute saps that know nothing about cars or driving. Bought for the status badge pricks

cd07 wrote: »
    Have to agree...everytime u merge into the fast lane its always a bmw or Audi driving cockend! Absolute saps that know nothing about cars or driving. Bought for the status badge pricks

Tell the bus driver not to be merging into the fast lane

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

heroics wrote: »
    Just sold the 5 series to get the Audi as needed more space. My wife still has a bmw though.

BF5AE615-5B71-4FA5-B68B-D33DB0C1641A.jpeg

They really do stick to the road don't they.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

Ah lads take pity on the BMW people who buy a car that has no off switch for the fog lights and they have to drive around all the time with then on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

In a press, like any normal person does.

Why would you not leave them in the boot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,417 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Tacklebox wrote: »
    Bmw's are seriously rubbish car's, I've a chipped vw 200 bhp 2.0 hybrid turbo 2 litre passat estate....

Leaves most of those tossers in a pile of dust....

I don't drive fast much but, when these guys drive up your arse, and youre pushing up a hill it leaves them hooning and pissinng the fuel out of the exhaust trying to catch up with you....

Eventuality i just let the **** pass....

different story when their car would be chipped also. They'd be leaving you in the dust if your car wasn't chipped.

Advertisement