Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BMW drivers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I find BMW i3 drivers quite polite actually.
    To be fair speedy gobeens drive all 3 of the German snob badges, BMW, Audi and Mercedes-Benz.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭rgodard80a

DeanAustin wrote: »
    You could tell all that from his car and shirt...good effort.

Well that and the company car park he pulled into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Wheres Me Jumper?

i find VW Passat drivers to be a menace.
    usually occupied by a 30something chip on both shoulders, singleton males desperate to prove what a good car they got.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

I'll only buy a bmw, I like to lord over all the peasants

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

EPAndlee wrote: »

with your jobseekers?

• Advertisement

EPAndlee wrote: »

Most beemer drivers aren't lording over anyone driving 8 year old cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭WoolyJumper

I can't know because I wasn't there. But from your description he did OK.

He over took a learner driver in an estate of parked cars when another car was coming towards him. Just because he did it without causing an accident doesn't mean it was safe to do so. In an estate of parked cars visibility of different hazards is going to be poor. That is why the speed limit is generally low through estates. We don't know how new/nervous that learner driver is and how they might react in that situation and I'm also assuming the OP had to react and slow down to the BMW driver. If you are causing traffic to react to your driving then you are not being a safe driver. So from the OP's description he did not do OK. He got lucky.

Granted this has nothing to do with driving a BMW. This guy was just a dickhead who had no regard for everyone else around him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

Well, I looked up 'moribund' in my dictionary and it said:

"Moribund - adjective About to die or dying."

I ask you, is this car about to die?

toyyarisd4d_750_500_70.jpg

No, it's 20 years old and still going strong, having never let its owner down.

So, Mr Von Bismarck, that proves that you are wrong.

The late 90s Yaris is the perfect car for someone who gives maths grinds to supplement their pension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

I feel sorry for the lad in the BMW factory that installs indicators, pointless job and he knows it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

If you wouldn't scream at someone for bumping into you or dawdling in the aisle in Dunnes, then don't blast your horn at someone who makes a mistake or takes a couple of seconds too long to move away at the traffic lights.

Well, actually...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I drive a Volvo day to day. I am let out at junctions, given the thank you indicators when I in turn let people out and so on. My other half drives a BMW and when I take her car other drivers treat you like **** on their shoe. Never get let out at junctions bar by other BMW's, get tailgated and so on. I think if you drive a BMW every other motorist hates on you.

xw6fgu5.gif

I went from a golf to a fairly sporty looking 3 series and instantly noticed other drivers treating me differently.

It seems like every ****er wants to race you, no one ever lets you out at junctions and the number of drivers who would rather hog the outside lane than let you pass is unbelievable.

It’s lovely to drive, but I won’t be buying another one, it costs a ****ing fortune to maintain and almost as soon as the three year warranty ran out, things started going wrong.

I had a side light bulb go the other day, so bought a replacement in Halfords and googled the instructions to replace it. They started by saying “jack up the car and remove the near side wheel “ what sort of **** designs a car where you can’t change a front bulb from under the bonnet.

Don’t get me started on 250 quid run flat tyres that can’t have a puncture repaired......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭Ginger83

I have my own driver, you peasants :D:D:D

Ginger83 wrote: »
    I have my own driver, you peasants :D:D:D

ya it's called the Bingo Bus!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

bri007 wrote: »

Driving in Ireland is shocking, my job is spent most days in the car and it’s no wonder our road death toll is so high!

Not true at all, we have low fatality rates compared to other developed countries.
    Lower deaths per 100,000 people compared to most but not all countries on the European continent.

Aegir wrote: »
    I had a side light bulb go the other day, so bought a replacement in Halfords and googled the instructions to replace it. They started by saying “jack up the car and remove the near side wheel “ what sort of **** designs a car where you can’t change a front bulb from under the bonnet.

Honda too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Modern BMW are overpriced heaps of ****, a quick look over in the motor forum and it's mostly tales of woe over stretching timing chains.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

I'm a BMW driver. I'v got a 3 year old 5 series which I love. I passed my test first time and have never put anyone in danger with my driving. I don't drive like a 90 year old but I don't take corners on my door handles either. I always use my indicators and enjoy the look of amazement on other drivers faces when I extend any kind of courtesy to them on the road. Can't believe people actually believe I'm an asshole just because of the car I drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

I drive an audi, and pretty good at letting people into traffic. Usually greeted by shock :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

BMW, ultimate driving machine. Best car going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

BMW, ultimate driving machine. Best car when it's going.

FYP:p

I'm sensing a lot of Badge Envy here, from people who can only afford to drive a focus or a duster.

I'm sensing a lot of Badge Envy here, from people who can only afford to drive a focus or a duster.

Also known as the cockduster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I'm a BMW R1200GS rider and yiz can all go fvck yourself in your cars :D:D

474871.jpg

Photo was taken at The Bailey lighthouse in Howth

• Registered Users Posts: 20,611 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

We need an Irish car brand to improve driving standards. All these foreign cars seem to be liable to misbehave.

FYP:p

Hurhurhur

What happens if you drive multiple brands?

Say BMW and KIA?

Safest most boring non indicting driver going ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭Ginger83

ya it's called the Bingo Bus!:D

:D its de missus, i retired from driving

• Advertisement

oh-you-drive-a-bmw-guessiwont-be-needing-these-com-15174487.png

Advertisement