Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cycleways Cup - 3rd March 2019

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

As i haven't got a set of knee warmers i'll likely race legs out alright tomorrow but that would be a choice normally unless near 2/3 degress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭harringtonp

dahat wrote: »
    As i haven't got a set of knee warmers i'll likely race legs out alright tomorrow but that would be a choice normally unless near 2/3 degress.

Its not so much the temperature I find but whether or not there is precipitation with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I think it's important to remember that conditions on Sunday worsened as the race went on.

I warmed up in more clothes than I would wear on a winter spin, let alone a race, and I was cold starting out, but I figured I would warm up once the racing started and being too warm is as bad as being too cold.

Very little could have prepared you for what unfolded. I had winter gloves on but my hands were still numb all the way through. I didn't wear overshoes as I rarely need them and my toes were actually fine...weird circulation.

I don't think the race should have been stopped, but I don't think it's fair to blame riders for being ill prepared when conditions went from cold to arctic.

It wasn't simply a case of "harden up and keep riding".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Raymzor

Precipitation was predicted. Temperatures of 2 degrees were predicted that morning. Temperature dropped from 4 degrees to 1.5 degrees during the race for everyone’s second lap. How anyone tried to race in shorts is beyond me. Anyone who made comments about having to rescue unprepared riders doesn’t understand how races are organized.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Weepsie wrote: »
    They are all adults. .
    Juniors are not adults.

Advertisement