Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law Firm Summer Internships 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 LawFrench2019

Shanlon97 wrote: »
    Any word from AC ?

Nope nothing yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭lawless11

UcdLaw22 wrote: »
    Anyone hear back from Matheson or was told when we're meant to hear back?

I think I overheard Wednesday, but didn't had the chance to confirm w someone (last interview, everyone was gone when I finished mine).

• Registered Users Posts: 20 UcdLaw22

lawless11 wrote: »
    I think I overheard Wednesday, but didn't had the chance to confirm w someone (last interview, everyone was gone when I finished mine).

Great, thanks! Completely forgot to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Shanlon97

AC offers are out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Gryffindor

Anyone know what the interviews are like with William Fry?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 sean1234567

anyone heard back from the Matheson interviews yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 UcdLaw22

anyone heard back from the Matheson interviews yet?

I haven't heard back yet anyway!

UcdLaw22 wrote: »
    I haven't heard back yet anyway!

Me neither!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 legal88

Has anyone heard anything from Matheson yet?

PFOs for Matheson out. I am not surprised, had the weirdest interview up to date with them! Anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 LawMu

lawless11 wrote: »
    PFOs for Matheson out. I am not surprised, had the weirdest interview up to date with them! Anyway.

Had the exact same feeling. Two very cold interviewers in a rather dimly lit room. I was surprised as my previous interview with them last year was very nice

• Registered Users Posts: 1 munster1997

Anyone know when we will hear back from A&L?

Start of next week was what I was told at interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Coulter97

Start of next week was what I was told at interview.

Was it a tough interview?

It will definitely be different based upon your interviewer. However, my interview was probably one of the more challenging ones I've done so far. We spent at least 30 mins on commercial questions- The impact of a strict regulatory environment on business, are merger clearance requirements in the eu too strict and whether they should be relaxed to allow eu companies to compete with international players..and some other similar qs.

What made the interview more challenging imo was that they challenged absolutely everything I said.

For example, I said that one of the reasons that I wanted to be a lawyer was that I enjoyed the academic rigour of getting to grips with challenging material and drawing out a creative solution.

The follow up question was to explain to them the most challenging legal concept that I encountered at my time at university.

They also asked me why I didn't want to be an investment banker or consultant, where I could work in a similar commercial environment.

So I would definitely be prepared to stand my ground and not be fazed by tricky follow up questions.

It will definitely be different based upon your interviewer. However, my interview was probably one of the more challenging ones I've done so far. We spent at least 30 mins on commercial questions- The impact of a strict regulatory environment on business, are merger clearance requirements in the eu too strict and whether they should be relaxed to allow eu companies to compete with international players..and some other similar qs.

What made the interview more challenging imo was that they challenged absolutely everything I said.

For example, I said that one of the reasons that I wanted to be a lawyer was that I enjoyed the academic rigour of getting to grips with challenging material and drawing out a creative solution.

The follow up question was to explain to them the most challenging legal concept that I encountered at my time at university.

They also asked me why I didn't want to be an investment banker or consultant, where I could work in a similar commercial environment.

So I would definitely be prepared to stand my ground and not be fazed by tricky follow up questions.

Had the same experience! Trickiest interview thus far. But I will say, I know some people that were pushed hard but others not at all. If you're getting grilled it's probably because they think you're very good.

A&L are calling now.

Well done! I thought they were coming out next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ucdlaw_2018

A&L are calling now.

HR or the interviewer? Well done!

Thank you. Interviewer called.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Moy2019

Anyone else get Dillon Eustace for June?

Anybody know if A&L are still going to be calling on Monday or have they got to everyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 lawstudentirl

Did anyone hear back from Eversheds yet?

Does anybody know when RDJ is getting back to people and if it's paid?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Law2019

Coulter97 wrote: »
    Does anybody know when RDJ is getting back to people and if it's paid?

Not sure when they’re getting back but RDJ is unpaid

• Registered Users Posts: 3 U_C_D15

Anyone know RDJ trainee and NQ Salaries?

Internship is definitely not paid

Law2019 wrote: »
    Not sure when they’re getting back but RDJ is unpaid

Wow. Baffling how they like to advertise themselves as a 'Top 10 firm' but don't pay any interns. Not going to interview with them if I get the opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

U_C_D15 wrote: »
    Anyone know RDJ trainee and NQ Salaries?

Internship is definitely not paid

I've a feeling the trainee salary is 24k. NQ I have no idea

I've a feeling the trainee salary is 24k. NQ I have no idea

I think that's about half of what Pinsent Masons offers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Coulter97 wrote: »
    I think that's about half of what Pinsent Masons offers.

Yeah it's pretty lousy, most of that would be gone on rent..

Advertisement