Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law Firm Summer Internships 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Shanlon97

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Coulter97

How is everyone prepping for interviews? CV, application form, competency questions, etc. A good understanding of current affairs? Brexit, Trump, EU?

Yep that all sounds good. Will definitely ask why law and why the firm. No excuse for not having a well thought answer for both. Try and not be too generic with "why the firm ?" if you can reference a specific deal or case as a way of illustrating the point you want to make, I've found that this works well. Definitely have a broad understanding of general current affairs. However, in my experience they will usually ask you to talk about a news story that interests YOU. Pick any commercial news story that genuinely interests you and read about it across multiple sources. Form an informed oppinion and be able to defend it.

Best of luck.

Shanlon97 wrote: »
    Yep that all sounds good. Will definitely ask why law and why the firm. No excuse for not having a well thought answer for both. Try and not be too generic with "why the firm ?" if you can reference a specific deal or case as a way of illustrating the point you want to make, I've found that this works well. Definitely have a broad understanding of general current affairs. However, in my experience they will usually ask you to talk about a news story that interests YOU. Pick any commercial news story that genuinely interests you and read about it across multiple sources. Form an informed oppinion and be able to defend it.

Best of luck.

Thanks! Good luck with AC interview

• Registered Users Posts: 2 libby57

Did AC email or ring you re invite to interview?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 laworlawww

Have AC emailed out the PFOs yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 sarahdevenny12

DE currently calling.

McCann interviewers were super nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sean1234567

Anyone heard from matheson?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭lawless11

Anyone heard from matheson?

Just about now, they emailed for interviews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 MAmyM 123

Has anyone heard from Maples or Eversheds yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 UcdLaw22

Anyone have any tips for the Matheson interview? ☺

McCann offers out by phone I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

MAmyM 123 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard from Maples or Eversheds yet?

Just wondering if anyone’s heard back from Eversheds yet?

Anyone any idea when to hear back from AC partner interview ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DoctorComfort

Has anyone heard from Byrne Wallace yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 biglawhead420

- Maples interviews out today
    - Eversheds were out tuesday I believe.
    - Does anyone know what the NQ salary is as Pinsent Masons? Noticed a few other big law trainees work there?

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

Shanlon97 wrote: »
    Anyone any idea when to hear back from AC partner interview ?

Think someone in my class said they were told at the individual interview that offers would be on Monday but I could be wrong on that!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭holliek

Has anyone heard from Byrne Wallace yet?
    They're ringing, I just got a call now

• Registered Users Posts: 10 sarahdevenny12

anyone hear anything from a&l yet today about interviews?

• Advertisement

anyone hear anything from a&l yet today about interviews?

Yes! By e-mail

Yeah, I got an email there as well !

Hey everyone - does anybody know how common it is to get feedback after an interview with the big firms if you didn't get the place? Or do you have to ask, or do they give it to you anyways?

I'm guessing "casual" for A&L presentation doesn't actually mean shirt and jeans?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭holliek

Any tips for interview with Byrne Wallace? First interview with a big firm so any help appreciated!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 lawstudentirl

Coulter97 wrote: »
    Hey everyone - does anybody know how common it is to get feedback after an interview with the big firms if you didn't get the place? Or do you have to ask, or do they give it to you anyways?

The general rule is that they'll give feedback after an individual interview but you have to ask for it. Some firms will give more detailed feedback than others, some might give you just a generic answer that doesn't actually help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Bingo157

Does anyone know if there are two rounds of Byrne Wallace interviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 UcdLaw22

Anyone hear back from Matheson or was told when we're meant to hear back?

The general rule is that they'll give feedback after an individual interview but you have to ask for it. Some firms will give more detailed feedback than others, some might give you just a generic answer that doesn't actually help you.

Really? I got feedback without asking.

• Advertisement

Any word from AC ?

Advertisement