Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Yet another Traveller feud

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭k99_64

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Yet another Traveller feud

Love this interview

"I WASN'T WEARING PAJAMAS IN THE HOTEL! only when going out to get clothes"

"So.....you were wearing pajamas in the hotel"

"Yes but only a few times"

I must listen to the full thing later on but her stories are all over the place

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

k99_64 wrote: »
    Love this interview

"I WASN'T WEARING PAJAMAS IN THE HOTEL! only when going out to get clothes"

"So.....you were wearing pajamas in the hotel"

"Yes but only a few times"

I'd say she was chucked out for more than wearing pyjamas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Is there a genuine reason they were thrown out of the hotel? Just wondering if the racism card is warranted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭k99_64

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    I must listen to the full thing later on but her stories are all over the place

Ah jasus this is some craic: "fire alarm was covered"

"yeah wasnt me"

"but you didnt mention it to the staff"

"no i should have"

"and you had a sandwich maker in the room...."

"Yeah"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Is there a genuine reason they were thrown out of the hotel? Just wondering if the racism card is warranted.

I assume at her rate of giving birth that there would've been no space for anyone else within the next few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Michelle, another one with no home and popping out babies with no bother at all.

shocking parents

• Registered Users Posts: 32,217 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

k99_64 wrote: »
    Ah jasus this is some craic: "fire alarm was covered"

"yeah wasnt me"

"but you didnt mention it to the staff"

"no i should have"

"and you had a sandwich maker in the room...."

"Yeah"
    And she left a council house (it was falling around her, apparently, mildew, sounds like she got thick and just walked out) ...before leaving the mobile home...
    10 days in the Maldron....3k...
    She is also giving out about the looks the staff were giving her.

The hotel gave her a list of complaints, before she was asked to leave (which she conveniently has lost), it also included "damage".

Sounds like they wrecked the place, what the hell does she expect

Michelle, another one with no home and popping out babies with no bother at all.

shocking parents

How many of these cases do you reckon there are? I couldn't put a number on it but it must be quite a few.

• Advertisement

The racism card is never warranted because they aren't a different race.

he did ask her why she is having and 8th child....when she already has 7....
    "Well I have my hands full at the end of the day"
    "I love my children at the end of the day"

So absolutely zero responsibility.

All she wants is a house.......is her partner working...."no he is a traveler".

BattleCorp wrote: »
    The racism card is never warranted because they aren't a different race.

I would agree, even if some of them act like a different species, never mind race. It is what she has alleged though so its a valid question. Haven't listened to it myself but from some posts above it seems like it was not warranted at all.

I would agree, even if some of them act like a different species, never mind race. It is what she has alleged though so its a valid question. Haven't listened to it myself but from some posts above it seems like it was not warranted at all.
    I listened to 35 minutes, she was definitely put out for a number of reasons, despite her protestations of racism.

at the end of the day...at the end of the day....at the end of the day...
    We should be entitled to a council house...

How many of these cases do you reckon there are? I couldn't put a number on it but it must be quite a few.

"Quite a few" would be an understatement, and not just with the travelling community. I think social welfare abuse is endemic in the travelling community and there are others abusing the system as well.

The difference is I've never seen a traveller having to attend an interview at the SW office, go on a course or attend a job interview. Other people do and eventually they have to show some efforts they have made to get a job.

Its not just travellers spitting out children with not a care in the world, we have habitual drug addicts / criminals in and out of jail, having babies with different women and no visible means of supporting them.

Now I am no way in supporting the sh*tty old days where we hid unmarried women - but young people having sex have got to think who the hell is going to feed, clothe, house and educate my child/ren? There has to be some personal responsibility - you have as many children as you like but don't rely on me to feed, clothe etc them. You want them, you pay for them.

but young people having sex have got to think who the hell is going to feed, clothe, house and educate my child/ren? There has to be some personal responsibility - you have as many children as you like but don't rely on me to feed, clothe etc them. You want them, you pay for them.

The do think who is going to feed, clothe, house and educate their children. They know full well that it's going to be the taxpayer. And the more babies they have, the better their social welfare will be and the greater chance they will have of getting a very very very cheap house.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,319 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

gmisk wrote: »
    And she left a council house (it was falling around her, apparently, mildew, sounds like she got thick and just walked out) ...before leaving the mobile home...

Could you imagine how many people would be on emergency accomdation of everybody walked out of there homes over some mildew?

Could you imagine how many people would be on emergency accomdation of everybody walked out of there homes over some mildew?

I think I'd take the mildew house rather than the streets to be honest.

I wonder had she anything to do with the mildew and the house falling down around her (if that is actually what happened). Drying clothes on radiators is a common cause of mould.

And travellers are a common cause of houses falling down around them :-)

That's every house I have lived in bar my mothers. I hope she had a better reason than that.

I would be! I would also have left at least 2 rented apartments in the path.

My bathroom is a git for it!
    Its generally due to lack of ventilation, clothes being dried internally etc.
    With my bathroom I just rub on bleach every once in a while and try to remember to leave the windows open, you know like a normal person, rather than taking thick and walking out of my house.

• Advertisement

gmisk wrote: »
    I would be! I would also have left at least 2 rented apartments in the path.

My bathroom is a git for it!
    Its generally due to lack of ventilation, clothes being dried internally etc.
    With my bathroom I just rub on bleach every once in a while and try to remember to leave the windows open, you know like a normal person, rather than taking thick and walking out of my house.

I've seen plenty of people in council houses who won't lift a finger to look after the place. One house had rats running around like mad outside and yer wan who lived there kept complaining that the council wouldn't do anything about the rats. It never entered her head to put down a bit of feckin poison.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

She said that in hindsight, she wouldn't have given it up if she knew the sh*t she would have to go through in the last 2 years.

Giving up a house so easily would to me suggest that she was banking on getting something straight away.

In regards to getting removed from the hotel, the rules were broken so the space is made available for another family who have the same chance of sticking to the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭JMNolan

I can't believe that interview, nothing is ever their fault, everyone else always racist, and they expect us to swallow it every time, ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭JMNolan

"My children are well looked after and I'm a fantastic mother" - lol

• Registered Users Posts: 30,319 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I've seen plenty of people in council houses who won't lift a finger to look after the place. One house had rats running around like mad outside and yer wan who lived there kept complaining that the council wouldn't do anything about the rats. It never entered her head to put down a bit of feckin poison.

In the past people were generally delighted to get a council house. They were nearly afraid to get assistance for an issue now there's an attitude you run to the council over the slightest issue. A lot of it seems to led by the facebook mob tough.

The do think who is going to feed, clothe, house and educate their children. They know full well that it's going to be the taxpayer. And the more babies they have, the better their social welfare will be and the greater chance they will have of getting a very very very cheap house.

Then we need to make it less attractive to have large families when you are depending on the public purse.

Maybe a max of 4 children and then cut off the child benefit. And make it perfectly clear that the maximum house available is 4 bed and that's that. You want a big family, you finance it.

The public service / TDs just need to grow a pair, put rules in place and make sure they adhere to them. Now you will always have an exception - but those should be an exception (elderly/sick parent living with their child who has 3 kids already, etc) not the norm.

In relation to maintaining the house, they should ensure its maintained and inspect them. Basic hygiene, rubbish removal, dusted / hoovered etc. In fairness, if you are on the dole and home all day you have no excuse not to keep the property in good condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Then we need to make it less attractive to have large families when you are depending on the public purse.

Maybe a max of 4 children and then cut off the child benefit. And make it perfectly clear that the maximum house available is 4 bed and that's that. You want a big family, you finance it.

The public service / TDs just need to grow a pair, put rules in place and make sure they adhere to them. Now you will always have an exception - but those should be an exception (elderly/sick parent living with their child who has 3 kids already, etc) not the norm.

In relation to maintaining the house, they should ensure its maintained and inspect them. Basic hygiene, rubbish removal, dusted / hoovered etc. In fairness, if you are on the dole and home all day you have no excuse not to keep the property in good condition.

I'd go even further and say 2 children, like they do in most European countries. Working couples can't afford more than 2 or 3 kids so why indulge anymore than that for non-workers? And a 4 bed house is also way more than most working couples can afford.

We need to make it a far less attractive proposition for these people to be scrounging than if they were working, simple as.

Michelle was so like Margaret Cash it's funny

She is homeless two years and it's been so hard

Yet when asked about getting pregnant with no 7 she said she wasn't on to talk about her kids

All she wants is a home for her the husband and the kids

• Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I often wonder would it make any difference if the word “entitled” was replaced by “qualify”

Two very different things IMV. But anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

It's actually depressing how much is handed out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement