Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Teddy Daniels

Then we need to make it less attractive to have large families when you are depending on the public purse.

Maybe a max of 4 children and then cut off the child benefit. And make it perfectly clear that the maximum house available is 4 bed and that's that. You want a big family, you finance it.

The public service / TDs just need to grow a pair, put rules in place and make sure they adhere to them. Now you will always have an exception - but those should be an exception (elderly/sick parent living with their child who has 3 kids already, etc) not the norm.

In relation to maintaining the house, they should ensure its maintained and inspect them. Basic hygiene, rubbish removal, dusted / hoovered etc. In fairness, if you are on the dole and home all day you have no excuse not to keep the property in good condition.
    I have been in many housed Traveller houses and they are nearly always very very clean. They acually compare favourably with middle class homes that are often dirty. However ther reesons you state are probably relevant wrt time to clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,036 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

k99_64 wrote: »
    Love this interview

"I WASN'T WEARING PAJAMAS IN THE HOTEL! only when going out to get clothes"

"So.....you were wearing pajamas in the hotel"

"Yes but only a few times"

163609d0f2e310aa120cf2bbb8045b90.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭normanoffside

It’s all kicking off on Margaret’s FB. Apparently she has just discovered a local Tallaght page which shared the article about her stealing in Pennies 6 months ago. She is sharing PMs threatening to sue the page.
    It also looks to me like Bernard is writing her messages. Funny, he was in Wicklow today (he normally lives in Sligo). Coincidence?

PzBkWiq.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Teddy Daniels

Full of ornaments and Waterford crystal...
    tuxy wrote: »
    And plastic wrapping still on the sofa

I have reported these posts as stereotyping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

She is playing the race card on Facebook.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

It also looks to me like Bernard is writing her messages. Funny, he was in Wicklow today (he normally lives in Sligo). Coincidence?

He's actually in a completely different county several times every week. One of the few travellers still travelling I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Planting his seeds.

tuxy wrote: »
    He's actually in a completely different county several times every week. One of the few travellers still travelling I guess.

I guess he is doing Job interviews?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    All she wants is a home for her the husband and the kids

That's what a lot of people want! But it's all how you go about it.

Route 1: Finish school, go to college, study 3-4 years for a degree, get a job, save up a deposit, get a mortgage, and pay it off with interest by spending the next 30-odd years commuting and working 50+ hours a week. Faithfully pay tax, VAT, stamp duty, property tax, etc.

Route 2: Leave school at 12, never work, get married at 16, and pop out 6-7 kids by your mid-20s. Then go to the media demanding that the state house your ever-expanding family. Never pay a penny towards the house or any taxes.

Honestly, the people choosing Route 1 look like mugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Poor Margaret's solicitor will be busy between suing Just for Tallaght and the local pub

Laughing about them standing by the 'raciest' comments

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

That's because they are mugs.
    The people choosing route 1 are basically subhuman.

That's what a lot of people want! But it's all how you go about it.

Route 1: Finish school, go to college, study 3-4 years for a degree, get a job, save up a deposit, get a mortgage, and pay it off with interest by spending the next 30-odd years commuting and working 50+ hours a week. Faithfully pay tax, VAT, stamp duty, property tax, etc.

Route 2: Leave school at 12, never work, get married at 16, and pop out 6-7 kids by your mid-20s. Then go to the media demanding that the state house your ever-expanding family. Never pay a penny towards the house or any taxes.

Honestly, the people choosing Route 1 look like mugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

I think it needs to be increased as family size increases. Discourage women from working and encourage them to fulfil their natural function.

Ironically Mrs Cash is a much better mother than the working mothers who after a couple of abortions squeeze out a child at 45 who is then dropped at the creche at 7 AM and collected at 7 PM.

Ooohhhh, you're going against the grain there. You won't be popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Well that's given me a good laugh early in the morning

First class trolling :)

I think it needs to be increased as family size increases. Discourage women from working and encourage them to fulfil their natural function.

Reduce the size of the workforce but increase social welfare benefits?

Where can we find this magic money tree of which you speak?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Just stick a tax on social welfare. The more people that are on it, and the higher the payment, the more tax that can be collected from it. Then just put that tax back into the system. Makes sense really.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Well that's given me a good laugh early in the morning

First class trolling :)

Sweet.science has a new contender for the throne!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭hynesie08

So, is she in tallaght or what? Is dis her 4eva home?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭ohfa6muwtsvkc1

E300? She should have stolen a few billion while wearing a pant suit. Then we would she rewarded her with a top up on the amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

What? That's a crazy train of thought, it'll just lead to more Margaret Cash's.

What we need is affordable childcare and cost of living so that women can pursue their career's whilst still being able to have kids, not one or the other.

Reduce the size of the workforce but increase social welfare benefits?

It's in the Cayman islands. It's called the Ansbacher tree.

• Advertisement

Cina wrote: »
    What? That's a crazy train of thought, it'll just lead to more Margaret Cash's.

What we need is affordable childcare and cost of living so that women can pursue their career's whilst still being able to have kids, not one or the other.
    Women don't need careers. No one needs a career. People need families.

This career stuff is real subhuman consumerist bull****.

I agree with you about free childcare though.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    So, is she in tallaght or what? Is dis her 4eva home?

She seems to be in Tallaght now again alright. She has just discovered that one of the local community pages was sharing an article about her stealing 6 months ago.
    Her friends are telling her to report people to their employers for making negative comments about her on the ‘Just for Tallaght’ article.

No one needs a career.

So we can have a magic-money-tree economy where nobody works and we all live happily on the generous social welfare benefits provided by de gubbermint?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Women don't need careers. No one needs a career. People need families.

This career stuff is real subhuman consumerist bull****.

I agree with you about free childcare though.

Of course people need careers.

And more importantly, what if women want careers?

So we can have a magic-money-tree economy where nobody works and we all live happily on the generous social welfare benefits provided by de gubbermint?
    We can easily have that. There's more to life than work, sleep, consume, die(not that you ever do any work of course ).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Yes, try to keep up!
    It's in the Cayman islands. It's called the Ansbacher tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,831 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

We can easily have that. There's more to life than work, sleep, consume, die(not that you ever do any work of course ).
    Who'll fund it?

(Can't believe I bit....)

Cina wrote: »
    Of course people need careers.

And more importantly, what if women want careers?
    You can't always get what you want, no no no no no , you can't always get what you want, oh no no no no no, but if you try sometime , yeah yeah , you get what you need ,

anyway unlike yourself and Vox Nihili I actually do work so this conversation is at an end.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Who'll fund it?

(Can't believe I bit....)
    Unfortunately unlike those who advocate work I do work so can't explain in detail but easily achieved by proper allocation of societies resources.

• Advertisement

Ah Marie, you’re gonna have to be a bit more subtle in the winding up competition.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement