Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strong Winds, Heavy Rain Wintry Weather : Sat 2nd to Mon 4th March 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Thick flakes outside Limerick City

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Rain has turned to sleet here in Clondalkin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Temperatures continuing to drop. 1.1c/0.2cDP. Currently snowing, not sticking though. 90mASL.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

highdef wrote: »
    I understand that you go completely by what the data shows and keep any emotions at bay but we're getting reports of heavy and sticking snow already and at relatively low levels. Is this giving you cause to reconsider what will evolve during the day, based on what is actually happening now rather than what the data is showing?

It does look to be a degree or so colder than progged, but when I talk of snow I mean proper snow, not the wet stuff that seems to be falling. Here down the road from you it's just cold rain at 65 m amsl, with about 10% sleet thrown in there. I can't see any thing of note falling throughout the day but it would be nice if it did. WBTs around the country still too high for me.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

• Advertisement

Wet snow, Blessington, 200m asl. Not sticking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

MIRMIR82 wrote: »
    Snowing here Shinrone, Offaly for an hour now. Quite heavy too. Sticking on cars and trees. Not roads.

Snowing heavily in Kinnitty, Co Offaly. Unlike Shinrone it is sticking to the roads. I think it’s time for a run in the Slieve Blooms to enjoy the weather.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Lashing white gold in Newbridge but not sticking at the moment , it’s trying to on the grass

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Rain has changed to heavy snow near Limerick city. Snow sticking on the road in the last 15 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

A nice covering here now in my part of south Laois 126masl:)

• Advertisement

Moderate snow but still refusing to stick in South Laois. 0.9c/0.0cDP. 90m ASL.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

It is only a few days ago when some people were togging out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Massive drop in cork city all of a sudden, reporting 2 degrees at cork airport now. Hustling up to 35kts aswell now.

Rain is gone though so chances of snow are gone too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Little pieces of ice in the drops now, just as the precipitation appears to be clearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Darwin

Pegging down snow on the m7 near Portlaoise, glad I got off the motorway as it was starting to get tricky. There is a light dusting of snow on the grass outside. Will be horrible if it freezes over tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

Snowing heavily in Kinnitty, Co Offaly. Unlike Shinrone it is sticking to the roads. I think it’s time for a run in the Slieve Blooms to enjoy the weather.

Sticking everywhere here now. No sign of it letting up at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Snow replaced by sleet now rain is back in Tralee. As you were...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Very heavy near Mallow at the moment. Sticking on the cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭rubbledoubledo

Little pieces of ice in the drops now, just as the precipitation appears to be clearing.

West limerick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭adam240610

Very Wet graupel in greystones currently

Heavy snow and sticking in Durrow, South Laois at 90mASL. Currently 0.8c/-0.1cDP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Snow here in North Offaly. Chucking down, not sticking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

lots of snow in Portarlington the last hour, no sign of it stopping

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭cowana

Heavy wet snow glencree valley Co wicklow. 250m ASL

• Registered Users Posts: 21,119 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Nearly dry here, Mid Cork. Wind gone around to the North, strong and cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

Wet snow in Athlone

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Rain trying to turn to sleet in Dublin 16. Rain is icy/splodgy. 3.5c atm.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Starting to stick on grass and cars now here in Newbridge

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/LaoisWeather/status/1102222127472803841

Currently 0.6c with dewpoint at -0.1c. Snowing heavily and sticking to the grass.

Advertisement