Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 6).

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

I was chatting a neighbour of my dads recently, older man, working as a guard. I was asking him if he thought regular guards should have guns, and the subject turned to guns He was telling me about years ago when he was a young fella his dad would have kept a gun and he’d have been out as a child firing it, and that he now had his own gun, “just Incase”.
    I was very interested, mesmerized really and thought, wouldn’t a gun be a great idea for me too? So I asked him, “where would I get a license?” And he couldn’t even hide the sheer horror on his face at the thoughts of it :D he was like, ah no, no, you’d not be much of a Hunter sure you could only have them for hunting :D
    Not what you were saying a minute ago Mister!

I’m in work, thinking I’d be a very good gun owner.

I bought a pellet gun and managed to accidentally break my parents' TV by shooting directly at it. I was 22 :pac: I had to spend 400 euro replacing it before they got home. Bloody eejit I am. No guns for me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,815 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I know there can be a lot of rubbish on but....

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 10,068 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I see way too many guns in my day job, I kinda have to laugh when the highly trained owner of these weapons are told to hand them to me for safe keeping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

You have your own land Shoes, say you require it for 'vermin control'

I would never shoot an animal, I’d be more tempted to shoot at (not shoot them) people on my land shooting animals!

Haha Cleo that reminds of when my brother got a catapult and was teaching me how to use it I flung the stone in the wrong direction and fired it at myself. Luckily it didn’t take my eye out.

Still in work. Thinking.

I would never shoot an animal,.

I know that Shoes but 'pretend' as you have to have a good reason.

Try clay pigeon shooting - as addictive .as any video game

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Different type of shooting here, try to troubleshoot a printer the last while. Have waved the white flag though, pigging thing.

Couchside - tay and a generous slice of carrot cake.

smurfjed wrote: »
    I see way too many guns in my day job, I kinda have to laugh when the highly trained owner of these weapons are told to hand them to me for safe keeping.

I kinda laughed too when I was told the first time to give mine to the pilot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭gifted

Maldron hotel oranmore......swimming lessons....having a coffee while two eldest chicks flog themselves doing laps ...lol lol

Oh yes...dad of the year award is mine lol lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Sitting outside the gym. I'm so fed up. Collected my car with its new ball joint and stopped at lidl to pick up a couple of things. Came out and my car wouldn't start.. :'( ffs happened Tuesday morning too told them about it and they said they'd look at why.. I'm so sad. Waiting for Mr cbyrd to come out of spinning. I really wish I had my gear and I'd go in and join them. This is absolute cack.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Back at base. Deciding on dinner.

Hotel bar, having a drink before I even drop my bag to the room, made it here in exactly 3 hours, delighted and so relieved I didn't get lost.. Starving now as haven't eaten all day.. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭gifted

Hotel bar, having a drink before I even drop my bag to the room, made it here in exactly 3 hours, delighted and so relieved I didn't get lost.. Starving now as haven't eaten all day.. Cheers.

That you at the bar?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Just after hoovering up some fish & chips.

Beached whale impression for the evening.

A quick glance and I thought you had an outbreak of domesticity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

My missus just said to me there on the phone "it's bookcase bullying" and I said to her "did you mean textbook bullying?" And the two of us laughed. She's always mixing up her phrases, she's so cute :D about to sit down to dinner.

Couchside - TV= World Track Cycling championships 2019

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

On the couch watching Paw Patrol.Got a sneaky half hour kip in between work and collecting the kids. Miles better for it:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Evening all :)

How are we all this evening?

I'm now kitchenside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

That day seemed to slip away unnoticed. Sitting with the TV on, but not really watching it. My friend is still "very poorly", has received the Last Rites, and very weak but he's still with us - even if his dementia, coupled with an infection, means he doesn't know us at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Just after devouring a bag of taytos that I wanted but didn't need

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

honeybear wrote:

It's all about the taste isn't it? Bet they tasted good though, giggety! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,856 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

In the kitchen , coffee and ginger nut biscuits :)

Did anyone try the Ham and Cheese flavoured Pringles ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Sad times sram, watching and waiting the end of life of friends or loved ones is never easy. Take care of yourself.
    Watching footie, tired and irritable tonight, Mrs says I'm like a spoiled brat, I can't help it, for some reason I just feel like arguing with everyone here. :D

honeybear wrote: »

I find when I eat a bag I often have to eat a slice of bread afterwards, sort of cleanse the palate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

I find when I eat a bag I often have to eat a slice of bread afterwards, sort of cleanse the palate.

Don’t be giving me ideas!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭JohnCreedon81

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    In the kitchen , coffee and ginger nut biscuits :)

Did anyone try the Han and Cheese flavoured Pringles ?

Sounds dire, did you?

Love me some ginger nuts (easy now!), you ever try the lidl ones Mam?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

There's a bag of bistro crisps with my name on in the corner and they will eaten soon

Don’t be giving me ideas!

Janey a slice of bread and a little lick of butter won't do you any harm :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,856 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Sounds dire, did you?

Love me some ginger nuts (easy now!), you ever try the lidl ones Mam?

They are even worse than they sound , vile JP !
    Lol , I'll keep it clean , all ginger nuts are good ;)

:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement