Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kebab in the city?

Options
  • 21-02-2019 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭

Hi lads..what's your recommendation?

I'm looking for a zaytoon, pasha, passion 4 food type kebab, not a chipper, Abrakebabra.

I'll be over from Dublin for the weekend and have a craving for a lovely kebab.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I miss the kebabs in Germany. Proper Turkish kebabs they were, and they would serve you black tea with them too. There was even a rolled up type pizza-kebab. And if you were vegetarian you could have a falafel kebab. All with proper bread and salads, not like the crap you get in Dublin and even all over Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

This has come up before and I think the consensus was the Charcoal Grill.

I'd recommend going for a durty burger at the Chilli Shack instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I miss the kebabs in Germany. Proper Turkish kebabs they were, and they would serve you black tea with them too. There was even a rolled up type pizza-kebab. And if you were vegetarian you could have a falafel kebab. All with proper bread and salads, not like the crap you get in Dublin and even all over Ireland.

Have you ever tried a passion 4 food in Dublin? The bread is so soft. It's the most authentic kebab I ever had. You obviously had the real deal, I wouldn't know how close to the real dead p4p is however.

This has come up before and I think the consensus was the Charcoal Grill.

I'd recommend going for a durty burger at the Chilli Shack instead.

The girlfriend lives near the chili shack in Dublin. Their food is insanely good. It's up there with wow burger as the best burgers I've ever tasted.

It will be a toss up between charcoal grill or chili shack.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Charcoal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I got a great kebab from West End Pizza last week.

A Google map search brings up 3 charcoal grills in Galway city. Which ken do you guys recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Have you ever tried a passion 4 food in Dublin? The bread is so soft. It's the most authentic kebab I ever had. You obviously had the real deal, I wouldn't know how close to the real dead p4p is however.

Have eaten there and its decent but no comparison to the what OP has mentioned.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

MarkY91 wrote: »
    A Google map search brings up 3 charcoal grills in Galway city. Which ken do you guys recommend?

Cross street one for me

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Capital is far far better than Charcoal, fresh bread not frozen pittas and the meat has been better (less fat) the odd time I've gotten them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Stone

Capital is far far better than Charcoal, fresh bread not frozen pittas and the meat has been better (less fat) the odd time I've gotten them.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Capital for me too! Though I've been rotten everytime!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Giovanni’s down on Dominick St from me. Bread used is the closest to a Berlin kebap I have had!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

give anforas on abbeygate st a try..awesome ,not far from lynchs castle towards sally's

Advertisement