Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm A Celebrity Werewolf - Get Me Out Of Here!!! (February Werewolf Game)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

tritium wrote: »
    Why kitten, what’s your case there?

More sold on loughc but would also like to see your logic laid out

Care to give your reasoning on why you're sold on me....

SKeith playing a fantastic game of putting doubt and then disappears for both kills and causing general chaos with his obsession with CL but not actually contributing clever play to try to look like he's helping but he's just ranting and being vague. Bit harsh I'm getting tared when I was the only one brave enough to call him out on it and how dodgy it looks.

Also his lock of the day yesterday was Sully so can you really trust his reads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Loughc wrote: »
    Spoken like a true wolf.

Cause your reads last night went so well! :rolleyes:

So tell me are you a wolf or a SK cause you're clearly not playing for the village!

Okay, so I'm in your FFA, who else, and give reasons.
    There's at least 3 evils, possibly up to 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,578 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Green&Red wrote: »
    I’m happy to carry out the groups wishes but I do think we should be looking for two wolves, one that we nominate for CL and one that we nominate to be lynched.
    Man if you can find 2 wolves on day one then more power to ya. Cos I haven't a bulls notion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

Without knowing the other roles of the CL surely you are better off taking the power away from one person and giving it to the many.

So if I’m a wolf, I’m delighted to be CL if I have a choice, even between two, I can choose the more beneficial to me, unless in the unlikely event that we narrow it to two and they are both Wolves

However if I’m a wolf and I’m chosen as CL but with the instruction that I must carry out the will of the people then that’s bad news for me. If they pick a fellow wolf I’m almost bound to kill him. If they don’t then we know for definite they’re a wolf.

Certainly for the first Lynch I think this is a solid strategy. I’m happy to carry out the groups wishes but I do think we should be looking for two wolves, one that we nominate for CL and one that we nominate to be lynched.

So, I get the kernel of what your saying, especially in the early game, but if we’re looking to vote CL on that basis they have no incentive to kill another wolf. Actually their optimal strategy is to refuse the will of the people regardless of whether the choice is for a wolf or not

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Why kitten, what’s your case there?

More sold on loughc but would also like to see your logic laid out

Yea I’d like to know this too sKeith?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

So, I get the kernel of what your saying, especially in the early game, but if we’re looking to vote CL on that basis they have no incentive to kill another wolf. Actually their optimal strategy is to refuse the will of the people regardless of whether the choice is for a wolf or not

If the person voted as CL refuses to do the will of the people then they are definitely a wolf

kitten_k wrote: »
    Yea I’d like to know this too sKeith?

That's not how this works, you have to prove to me your innocence, I don't have to show proof that you are a wolf, that's just crazy talk.

If the person voted as CL refuses to do the will of the people then they are definitely a wolf

A villager would have no benefit in not doing the WOTP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

What about if they openly admit they’re not going to as in the case of sKeith?

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Man if you can find 2 wolves on day one then more power to ya. Cos I haven't a bulls notion.

Obviously virtually impossible but it’s a decent strategy to start off with

• Advertisement

Why wouldn't they? If they have a strong personal feeling of who was a wolf why wouldn't they put their money where their mouth is and eliminate that person?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

What if a villager thought that the will of the people was wrong for instance? What then? Let's say a villager/roled player knew that someone was not a wolf, but the rest of the village wanted that person dead. Should the villager then evict the person they know is a goodie, because it is the will of the people or should they evict someone else?

sKeith wrote: »
    That's not how this works, you have to prove to me your innocence, I don't have to show proof that you are a wolf, that's just crazy talk.

So when you think someone of a wolf then your word is all that is needed. Yet when someone else says it or gives an FFA you tell them need reasons. Got ya! Your reads are totally off this game, first with Sully and now with me.

Bounty Hunter interactions

Bounty Hunter - 13th player to post and mentions hogan in this first post (did this spook sully meaning sully’s team offed him leaving either wolf team 2 or SK taking sully?).
    Posts about being weird playing in own name and not editing posts. Pter clarified editing posts is cheating.
    Mentions Conor mcgregor. Kitten I think responds without actually quoting post. Keith responds to kittens post.
    Bounty replies to Keith’s post about killing an innocent as camp leader. Thanked by loughc. Keith replies back saying BH is seeing sense.
    Bounty responds to tritium post about more than one wolf team because of OP wording. Thinks they’re may be more than one too.
    Kitten responds to bounty’s reply to Keith but her quote tags are messed up (why?). She is replying to the more than one wolf team part and says as per win conditions we know there is a wolf team and SK - thanked by loughc.
    Bounty hopes there isn’t a long drawn out campaign for camp leader everyday and after this first one we all just vote who we want.
    Wishes Mick a happy birthday.
    Bounty not sure about voting for the two players who threw hat into camp leader ring. Says he will vote for who appears less wolfie. Post thanked by loughc.
    Loughc says he likes bounty as camp leader as he seems most logical.

Bounty Hunter (piers Morgan) and a NRV is dead.

What if the will of the people was to eliminate yourself?

You know you are a villager, 100%.

Is going against the WOTP in this case beneficial?

Whiplashy wrote: »
    What about if they openly admit they’re not going to as in the case of sKeith?

Well then we either don’t vote him in or do vote him in and give him an ultimatum

What if the will of the people was to eliminate yourself?

You know you are a villager, 100%.

Is going against the WOTP in this case beneficial?
    If that was the WOTP then they wouldn’t vote you in as CL

Barney92 wrote: »
    What if a villager thought that the will of the people was wrong for instance? What then? Let's say a villager/roled player knew that someone was not a wolf, but the rest of the village wanted that person dead. Should the villager then evict the person they know is a goodie, because it is the will of the people or should they evict someone else?

A good example of this would be if the seer was voted as CL and they had already peeked a wolf. They should kill that wolf instead of the people the village pick.

Barney92 wrote: »

The only way someone can KNOW for definite is with their fellow wolves

A villager might not agree but should still be willing to go along with the majority

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

Sure but your strategy has them nailed as a wolf anyway. Consider the following

1. They’re a wolf. Lynch choice isn’t: they follow through, what does that tell us

2. They’re a wolf. They don’t follow through with the lynch choice. What does that tell us?

• Advertisement

But the vote for the CL is at 6, the elimination is at 9. A lot can happen in 3 hours. What I'm saying here is that you can't 100% label someone as a wolf just because they don't go with what the village is saying. The CL could have more information than the village at that point (for whatever reason) and be better in a position to make an informed choice on who to eliminate.

Whiplashy wrote: »
    Same. One of them is a bad guy. And BH was taken out after being one of the people to question Keith. Which could indicate sKeith is a bad guy or exonerate him as it could be considered foolish to make such an obvious move.

I’m a page behind so I dunno if this has been discussed yet. Sully team had to have taken out bounty as they couldn’t take one of their own. The only way that wouldn’t be the case is if there are more than one wolf team and there was a competition for first kill and the other kill was the serial killer

A good example of this would be if the seer was voted as CL and they had already peeked a wolf. They should kill that wolf instead of the people the village pick.

True. Poor enough odds on that though versus a wolf not wanting to kill a wolf

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So when you think someone of a wolf then your word is all that is needed. Yet when someone else says it or gives an FFA you tell them need reasons. Got ya! Your reads are totally off this game, first with Sully and now with me.

And me...

Why is there always one person more obsessed with getting themselves noticed rather than playing the game properly.

Things like "vote for me don't ask why" or "prove you're innocent but I won't tell you why I think you're not" is either a WOLF/SK trying to distract the village or a poor player thinking they're playing a smart village game.

Either way the village gains nothing from listening to someone who's reads are more likely throwing enough sh on the wall and hoping something sticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

If the CL goes against the people and actually gets a wolf, as in this example, I don’t think there’s any issue. It’s going against the people and getting a villager that’s going to cause problems for them. CL would want to be 100% certain, as the seer would be, or they’re going to look like a wolf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

The only way someone can KNOW for definite is with their fellow wolves

A villager might not agree but should still be willing to go along with the majority

As kitten mentioned, the seer would know, assuming there is one here. There may be other mechanics that aid villagers too.

What if they had no choice, everybody else had already been CL and now all that's left is you and village wants you to off yourself, and you know you are villager.

Loughc wrote: »
    And me...

Why is there always one person more obsessed with getting themselves noticed rather than playing the game properly.

Things like "vote for me don't ask why" or "prove you're innocent but I won't tell you why I think you're not" is either a WOLF/SK trying to distract the village or a poor player thinking they're playing a smart village game.

Either way the village gains nothing from listening to someone who's reads are more likely throwing enough sh on the wall and hoping something sticks.

I'm inclined to agree with you here. I don't think Keith is a wolf but I don't like his tactics at the moment. There's shaking trees and then there's ongoing distraction. I'm not sure about either you or kitten but this constant focus on you two isn't getting us anywhere. Well, it's not convincing me of your hairyness anyway.

Sure but your strategy has them nailed as a wolf anyway. Consider the following

1. They’re a wolf. Lynch choice isn’t: they follow through, what does that tell us

2. They’re a wolf. They don’t follow through with the lynch choice. What does that tell us?

Not nailed on but if they are a wolf it’s giving them no choice.

There’s nothing to stop us making both decisions at 6, this idea that the CL will have more information at 9 is nonsense. The only thing that gives solid information is who is killed off. Everything else is rameas

• Advertisement

What if they had no choice, everybody else had already been CL and now all that's left is you and village wants you to off yourself, and you know you are villager.

As I said it’s a solid strategy for the early days, as we get further on we get more info

Advertisement