Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To those who believe WTC 7 didn't fall due to fire, how did it fall?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Able to do it sure mate? You still waffling and still have not posted the math you have worked out for your question.

How do you know it's wrong, show your own math? Otherwise, you don't know basic maths or physics?
    But Cheerful, I asked you first, dozens of times in very clear terms.

You are reverting to your typical playground tactics. They don't work. They only serve to make you look even more of a joke than you already are.
    You are already a laughing stock.

But if you just simply man up for a change and admit you don't know how to do the math, I will supply the answer, the math and explain it to you. Then we can move on to address your other misunderstandings.
    Otherwise, you can simply do and show the math yourself like you claimed to be able to do.

Or, what will most likely happen, you'd deflect and whinge like a child, but you will still be admitting to your lack of knowledge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

King Mob wrote: »
    But Cheerful, I asked you first, dozens of times in very clear terms.

You are reverting to your typical playground tactics. They don't work. They only serve to make you look even more of a joke than you already are.
    You are already a laughing stock.

But if you just simply man up for a change and admit you don't know how to do the math, I will supply the answer, the math and explain it to you. Then we can move on to address your other misunderstandings.
    Otherwise, you can simply do and show the math yourself like you claimed to be able to do.

Or, what will most likely happen, you'd deflect and whinge like a child, but you will still be admitting to your lack of knowledge.

Post the math you have done then I told you already this discussion is nonsense.

If you can't then it shows you don't know basic math or physics.

Post the math you have done then I told you already this discussion is nonsense.

If you can't then it shows you don't know basic math or physics.
    Sure.
    I will the moment you admit that you can't do the math.

You are again deflecting with childish tactics that only serve to make you look extremely foolish if you are older than 10.

Sure.
    I will the moment you admit that you can't do the math.

You are again deflecting with childish tactics that only serve to make you look extremely foolish if you are older than 10.

I know your full of ****. If I went away and worked this out for you be still deflecting and tell lies in this thread.

I want to see if you even know the answer to your own stupid question right now. Show people your knowledge of basic physics and math and there will be no doubt your question was honest one?

I know your full of ****. If I went away and worked this out for you be still deflecting and tell lies in this thread.

I want to see if you even know the answer to your own stupid question right now. Show people your knowledge of basic physics and math and there will be no doubt your question was honest one?
    And more playground deflection.
    Simply admit that you are unable to do the math and I will show you how to calculate the correct answer.
    It's simple.

Your goading isn't effective as no one believes you or your claims and no one particularly pays attention to what you claim to believe.

You could always simply ignore it, but I will continue to point out your lack of knowledge and your dishonesty whenever you go on about physics you very clearly don't understand.

• Advertisement

And more playground deflection.
    Simply admit that you are unable to do the math and I will show you how to calculate the correct answer.
    It's simple.

Your goading isn't effective as no one believes you or your claims and no one particularly pays attention to what you claim to believe.

You could always simply ignore it, but I will continue to point out your lack of knowledge and your dishonesty whenever you go on about physics you very clearly don't understand.

My Point proved:eek: He just waffling and has no math or has even looked to see if it can be done.

Read his own post he said he able to answer right now :confused:

How you did the calculation, graphs provide them, please.

My Point proved:eek: He just waffling and has no math or has even looked to see if it can be done.

Read his own post he said he able to answer right now :confused:
    I told you.
    Simply admit the truth: that you can't do the math.
    Then I will post the equation, the answer and the proof to back it up.
    It's trivial.
    How you did the calculation, graphs provide them, please.
    It doesn't require graphs at all.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,488 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I told you.
    It's trivial.

It does require complex symbols though ;)
    Must be to account for the resistance offered by dusty air!
    It's basic maths, 1st year secondary level physics.

I told you.
    It's trivial.

I can do the same math.

We make an agreement. You post the math for WTC7 and then I will do the math for any building of your choice. I will even take the time and even provide graphs for you to show the calculations.

I can do the same math.

We make an agreement. You post the math for WTC7 and then I will do the math for any building of your choice. I will take the time and even provide graphs for you to show the calculations.
    Nope, no negotiations cheerful.
    I've been asking you the very same simply high school level question for months and you've done nothing but dodge and duck it.
    You can't do the math. That's obvious to everyone.
    You aren't fooling anyone.

So your choices are either to post the math you can say you can do. (It doesn't require graphs or "complex symbols". It can be posted in simple text format.)
    Or admit that you can't do it.

Or you can keep deflecting like a child and make yourself a joke.

• Advertisement

banie01 wrote: »
    It does require complex symbols though ;)
    Must be to account for the resistance offered by dusty air!
    It's basic maths, 1st year secondary level physics.
    I wish I had my old textbook on hand to take a picture of that page.

Nope, no negotiations cheerful.
    I've been asking you the very same simply high school level question for months and you've done nothing but dodge and duck it.
    You can't do the math. That's obvious to everyone.
    You aren't fooling anyone.

So your choices are either to post the math you can say you can do. (It doesn't require graphs or "complex symbols". It can be posted in simple text format.)
    Or admit that you can't do it.

Or you can keep deflecting like a child and make yourself a joke.

Why not the Freefall calculations are not going to be the same? It easy basic physics and math a child could do it remember:)

Your math please then I will provide evidence I know how to do it.

Why not the Freefall calculations are not going to be the same? It easy basic physics and math a child could do it remember:)

Your math please then I will provide evidence I know how to do it.
    Lol, really?:rolleyes:
    Not sure if this is childish or just idiotic.

The whole point of it is that you very clearly don't know how to do it.

You claim to know how to do it, so you don't need me to go first.

I've been asking this question for a very long time, and you just keep dodging it.

The only way I will provide the answer is if you admit that you can't do the math.
    We all know you can't cheerful. The lies aren't working and they are just getting pathetic at this stage...
    Like really, really pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Can I preface this by saying this is a genuine question (as it may be considered sarcastic or smart ar$e)

Can somebody show me any steel structured building that collapsed in the same manner as building 7 after suffering a fire?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,783 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Can I preface this by saying this is a genuine question (as it may be considered sarcastic or smart ar$e)

Can somebody show me any steel structured building that collapsed in the same manner as building 7 after suffering a fire?

WTC 7 (and other WTC buildings) were pretty unique in that they were (significantly) damaged by debris from nearby buildings collapsing, as far as I know that hasn't happened in history before

For something that's similar, in 2017 a steel-framed 17 story building collapsed in Tehran due to fire

None of the buildings with more fires collapsed. Similar buildings.

WTC7 is the last picture right corner small fires late in the afternoon.

473455.png

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    WTC 7 (and other WTC buildings) were pretty unique in that they were (significantly) damaged by debris from nearby buildings collapsing, as far as I know that hasn't happened in history before

For something that's similar, in 2017 a steel-framed 17 story building collapsed in Tehran due to fire

Untrue. Nobody claims the debris caused the collapse at WTC7. To claim otherwise is not knowing the facts.

Tehran building collapsed for numerous reasons, not just fire.

Highlighted here in short summary.
    https://www.researchgate.net/publication/322760002_Technical_and_Administrative_Assessment_of_Plasco_Building_Incident

And here in this link. By the way, this Nato and American linked think tank group.

I told you this before
    #
    Authorities believe gas tanks and other heat sources were the main cause of the explosions. Unlike most Tehran buildings, Plasco was not heated by piped-in natural gas.

https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blogs/iransource/iran-s-plasco-tragedy-flames-put-out-by-tears

Cheerful, why should anyone take your opinion of complex subjects like structural engineering in any way seriously when you are unable to do simple math and show utter ignorance of basic physics?

Cheerful, why should anyone take your opinion of complex subjects like structural engineering in any way seriously when you are unable to do simple math and show utter ignorance of basic physics?

If you say so, Mr Mob. I made an agreement you backed off and would not do it. Anyway we discussing important issues here you are only a troll.

If you say so, Mr Mob. I made an agreement you backed off and would not do it. Anyway we discussing important issues here you are only a troll.
    No, you seem to be having trouble with remembering what happened on the last few pages.
    You refused to answer my question.
    You offered no argument other than you childish, embarrassing deflections.
    I did not "back off". I've just been reiterating the same question without allowing you to wiggle away from it like you do with everything.

You are not discussing anything. You are copy pasting crap you don't read and can't understand, then everyone else is either ignoring you, or laughing at you.

This is illustrated by the fact you can't do simple math.
    And the fact you can't just man up and admit you can't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,783 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

473455.png

Compare the photo the conspiracy theorist shows above with the photos they typically don't show

http://www.911myths.com/html/wtc7_damage.html

ZafarWTC7.jpg

WTC7MoreSmoke.jpg

Both investigations found it fell due to fire. The findings of the NIST investigation have been incorporated in building codes and safety. There are no recognised group of engineers, architects or the experts that challenge the findings
    Untrue. Nobody claims the debris caused the collapse at WTC7. To claim otherwise is not knowing the facts.

That's not what I wrote, read again
    Tehran building collapsed for numerous reasons, not just fire.

The official investigation found it fell due to fire. You decided to fell due to "gas explosions" because you saw a youtube video with a firefighter recalling explosions

The casual dishonesty and manipulation is staggering

No, you seem to be having trouble with remembering what happened on the last few pages.
    You refused to answer my question.
    You offered no argument other than you childish, embarrassing deflections.
    I did not "back off". I've just been reiterating the same question without allowing you to wiggle away from it like you do with everything.

You are not discussing anything. You are copy pasting crap you don't read and can't understand, then everyone else is either ignoring you, or laughing at you.

This is illustrated by the fact you can't do simple math.
    And the fact you can't just man up and admit you can't.

h = 1/2 g t^2 what does this mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,408 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

h = 1/2 g t^2 what does this mean?

Which site did you copy that basic equation from?

Which site did you copy that basic equation from?

Copied it from nowhere it all in my head. Just seeing if Kingmob can explain.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,408 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Copied it from nowhere it all in my head. Just seeing if Kingmob can explain.

Stop telling lies lol

https://www.quora.com/What-is-h-1-2gt-2

http://www.softschools.com/formulas/physics/free_fall_formulas/65/

Compare the photo the conspiracy theorist shows above with the photos they typically don't show

http://www.911myths.com/html/wtc7_damage.html

ZafarWTC7.jpg

WTC7MoreSmoke.jpg

Both investigations found it fell due to fire. The findings of the NIST investigation have been incorporated in building codes and safety. There are no recognised group of engineers, architects or the experts that challenge the findings

That's not what I wrote, read again

The official investigation found it fell due to fire. You decided to fell due to "gas explosions" because you saw a youtube video with a firefighter recalling explosions

Untrue this is mostly just dust clouds from towers collapse,. a picture to prove it.

You can see even heavy smoke coming from WTC6, blowing across in front of WTC7.
    473474.png

This is building seven after 3 pm. Notice the fire isolated in small pockets.
    473475.png

Images in NIST report.
    https://ws680.nist.gov/publication/get_pdf.cfm?pub_id=861611

To save everyone time and for Kingmob to stop pestering me and acting like a troll. I did a quick calculation on paper. They should be posted with graphs to explain it better though.

t = sqrt(2h/g)

WTC7=266 metres.

We go this way - negative/ Time= 2d - g = 2x 266 the height= 532/ 9.8 m/s^2? (gravity) divide= 54. I rounded this off to 54 to save time.

We have to get the square root (9.8 m/s^2)of 54= 7 seconds

So the time it took for the ball to fall from roof to ground was 7 seconds. 7.3 to be exact.

I posted this link that had the info.
    https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blogs/iransource/iran-s-plasco-tragedy-flames-put-out-by-tears

Who are the Atlantic Council?

Facebook is working with them to censor information on their platform. I thought you appreciate the group is not a conspiracy site.
    https://newsroom.fb.com/news/2018/05/announcing-new-election-partnership-with-the-atlantic-council/

• Advertisement

To save everyone time and for Kingmob to stop pestering me and acting like a troll. I did a quick calculation on paper. They should be posted with graphs to explain it better though.

t = sqrt(2h/g)

WTC7=266 metres.

We go this way - negative/ Time= 2d - g = 2x 266 the height= 532/ 9.8 m/s^2? (gravity) divide= 54. I rounded this off to 54 to save time.

We have to get the square root (9.8 m/s^2)of 54= 7 seconds

So the time it took for the ball to fall from roof to ground was 7 seconds. 7.3 to be exact.
    Oh well done! You finally got it after Googling the answer!
    You got the formula right, though not sure why you think you need a graph and your description of the math process is very bizarre and sounds a bit more like you're trying to pretend to know what you're doing.

Oh... And there's just one teeny problem...
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/7_World_Trade_Center
    The building was 610 feet (190 m) tall.
    So in your stellar research you for the height of the building entirely wrong.

Lol.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement