Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to watch f1 2019

Options
  • 13-02-2019 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Just looking at my options as to where to watch f1 for the 2019 season.
    Asked at the sky kiosk in shopping center and was told the cheapest package with sky f1 included was 81 euro's a month ! :eek:
    Have no other interests on tv except maybe motogp, but don't watch soaps, movies or discovery.
    Are there any alternatives out there ?
    Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭jelutong

Check the Sky Ireland website for offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭bassy

jaapbond wrote: »
    Just looking at my options as to where to watch f1 for the 2019 season.
    Asked at the sky kiosk in shopping center and was told the cheapest package with sky f1 included was 81 euro's a month ! :eek:
    Have no other interests on tv except maybe motogp, but don't watch soaps, movies or discovery.
    Are there any alternatives out there ?
    Thanks for your help.

buy a 1.2m satelite dish and motorise it and a free to air satelite box and you will get all the f1 races free by picking up the feeds from various satelites.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Pudsey64

Highlight's on Ch4

• Registered Users Posts: 12,826 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Now TV passes for Sky Sports are either €10 for a day, €15 for a week or €39 for a month.
    Boards forbids us from telling you where to look for "grey means" of watching live.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

flazio wrote: »
    Now TV passes for Sky Sports are either €10 for a day, €15 for a week or €39 for a month.
    Boards forbids us from telling you where to look for "grey means" of watching live.

Formula 1 in blank and white does not do it for me. Hard to tell the cars apart. :pac:

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement

astrofluff wrote: »
    Formula 1 in blank and white does not do it for me. Hard to tell the cars apart. :pac:

Don't blame you, I wouldn't trust David Croft with calling the correct bingo numbers, never mind F1 cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭recyclebin

How is your German? Its free on satellite but you will need to point dish different to a sky one.

IPTV is your best bet if you have good broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jaapbond

Thank you everybody for your replies, much appreciated. I have reasonable internet speed, where do I go to learn more about iptv ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Eir sports gone??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Longing

bassy wrote: »
    buy a 1.2m satelite dish and motorise it and a free to air satelite box and you will get all the f1 races free by picking up the feeds from various satelites.

Yep! Watched the non live races for years on foreign channels with radio 5 live commentary. Sky charges for watching F1 is daylight robbery. Also they are other ways of watching but not aloud to discuss on Boards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Hoagy

Eir sports gone??

F1 is not mentioned on the Eirsport website any more, so I think we can safely assume that they won't be showing it.

I have re- installed my old Astra 1 dish for RTL in German with 5 Live commentary.

It's not looking good for MotoGP either, at least we can subscribe directly if Eir lose BTsport. It's €140 for the season or €20 per month.

Eir sports gone??

Yes. Sky bought out their Irish contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I remember when F1 moved from BBC to ITV, and we had to put up with ads!!

But hey, now we can't watch the race live in our territory unless you pay for it though the nose. I don't blame people seeking other means for watching it as they haven't had to pay before.

It'll be interesting during the first few races of how well the other means are working out, and it'll be interesting what the viewing figures are like with the pay wall up!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭jelutong

Hoagy wrote: »
    F1 is not mentioned on the Eirsport website any more, so I think we can safely assume that they won't be showing it.

I have re- installed my old Astra 1 dish for RTL in German with 5 Live commentary.

It's not looking good for MotoGP either, at least we can subscribe directly if Eir lose BTsport. It's €140 for the season or €20 per month.

Are Eir not showing Moto GP this season?

jelutong wrote: »
    Are Eir not showing Moto GP this season?

Via BT Sport which they might be losing later this year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

I still have F1 HD included as part of my HD pack but I believe that deal is not available any more.

I don't understand why sport organisations sign up to these type of exclusive deals, well, I do, it's business, but surely they must realise the long term negative impact this must have on their sport??

MotoGP on BBC averaged 1.3 million viewers. On BTSport, a measly 110K. It has to have a negative impact over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Now tv at 10 quid per race is good value.
    I have f1 via hd pack for years. It's a struggle once a year to do a deal with sky but they generally come up with a decent discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Newsbeat

I thinks it's a disgrace that you can't watch F1 on the bbc anymore.

Newsbeat wrote: »
    I thinks it's a disgrace that you can't watch F1 on the bbc anymore.

Perhaps, but there is a highlights package available on Channel 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Zebrano

It’s a disgrace. Do sky not realise that people who want the f1 don’t want all the other sports channels. And as far as I know it still available separate in the Uk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭v10

This is new ...

Sky Sports F1 to be available for just £10 a month from March 1

So maybe €11.99 for Irish Viewers ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

I remember when F1 moved from BBC to ITV, and we had to put up with ads!

San Marino 2005 certainly rings a bell

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

v10 wrote: »
    This is new ...

That would be a great price, if I could get it with VM. Otherwise I have to change provider!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,483 ✭✭✭Inviere

This is new ...

Is it an add on though, in additional to a tv package? Or is it a standalone offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭v10

Inviere wrote: »
    Is it an add on though, in additional to a tv package? Or is it a standalone offer?

It doesn't say, but I would imagine it's in addition to your tv package. i.e. you'd no longer have to get the full sports package, you can now just avail of F1 as part of your monthly plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,483 ✭✭✭Inviere

It doesn't say, but I would imagine it's in addition to your tv package. i.e. you'd no longer have to get the full sports package, you can now just avail of F1 as part of your monthly plan.

Yeah I’d imagine the same. Decent offer if your a Sky customer, but as a non customer, it still means paying for dozens and dozens of channels I don’t want, just to be able to subscribe to the exclusive sky coverage.

I remember when F1 moved from BBC to ITV, and we had to put up with ads!!
    I remember RTÉ had only the one ad break, with another on the cool down lap which they could get away with once the top 6 crossed the line as they were the only points scorers and there were no team radio broadcasts. Used to go ad free for the crazy time races Australia and Japan. (season opener and finishers) yes it also had Peter Collins but hey ho. I always thought it was charming that we used to send a team of 4 ( 2 commentators a pitlane reporter and a producer to maintain audio connection with Dublin) around 16 countries a year. You'd never get the head of RTÉ Sport to let a team do that. Not even the BBC bring their radio team everywhere anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,036 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Pity sky have it tied up, would be good if they offer something new online, nowtv a bit expensive and only 720p.
    At least dish for RTL could be an option. Although might be the year to skip the live races for me

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭ppn

Now tv have an offer €7 per month for mobile sky sports pass. Not sure if it includes F1, possibly not? Vodafone also had a Sky Sports 2 pass last year for €7 monthly which had F1 - don't know if this is still the case for 2019...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

ppn wrote: »
    Now tv have an offer €7 per month for mobile sky sports pass. Not sure if it includes F1, possibly not? Vodafone also had a Sky Sports 2 pass last year for €7 monthly which had F1 - don't know if this is still the case for 2019...

The €7 pack one doesn't have F1. Only the €12.99 pack 2 has it

Advertisement