Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How to watch f1 2019

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Inviere

Zagato wrote: »
    I might try this, hope the app supports Chromecast.

I could be wrong, but I don't think it does. 25fps too from what I read, bloody awful, despite being 1080p.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

Just found out that Channel 4 will not be allowed to do the grid walks or interview drivers in the media Pen!! I had resigned myself to the fact that I'd have to settle for the highlights but even those are going to have less content than last year! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Inviere

barryfitz wrote: »
    Just found out that Channel 4 will not be allowed to do the grid walks or interview drivers in the media Pen!! I had resigned myself to the fact that I'd have to settle for the highlights but even those are going to have less content than last year! :(

For me anyway, F1 just isn't watchable in highlight form. There's a certain magic to watching the grid form, seconds from lights out, that doesn't translate into replays.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,523 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

barryfitz wrote: »

That's ridiculous. Will this be the same for there live race too? What's the harm in them doing grid walks or interviews in the pen not like they will be live now. Maybe there is some good from it do. It means they can do the actual race better maybe.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,523 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Inviere wrote: »
    For me anyway, F1 just isn't watchable in highlight form. There's a certain magic to watching the grid form, seconds from lights out, that doesn't translate into replays.

I agree its never as good when its highlights and add breaks don't help either.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,243 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Gintonious wrote: »
    Lads, the F1 TV service, is it worth my while getting?

I live in Vancouver, so I don't really get up to watch the races so I would be watching the replays etc. I can sort out a VPN if needs be and can set it to the UK - https://f1tv.formula1.com/en/content-schedule

Don't really enjoy trying to find a crap youtube replay the next day, and this seems affordable.

Anyone?

From reading on reddit, the payment method has to match the region and so on, that that could be that for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Gintonious wrote: »
    Anyone?

From reading on reddit, the payment method has to match the region and so on, that that could be that for me.

As mentioned above you can sign up for the German region with an N26 account (German IBAN) , you could be sorted for the second race, if you open account now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Mod edit. Nope

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Scotty # wrote: »
    I still have F1 HD included as part of my HD pack but I believe that deal is not available any more.

I don't understand why sport organisations sign up to these type of exclusive deals, well, I do, it's business, but surely they must realise the long term negative impact this must have on their sport??

MotoGP on BBC averaged 1.3 million viewers. On BTSport, a measly 110K. It has to have a negative impact over the years.

I've been wondering how i have SkyF1HD and not been paying for it, and i've been afraid to call them up looking for a new deal without them cutting it off :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

I've been wondering how i have SkyF1HD and not been paying for it, and i've been afraid to call them up looking for a new deal without them cutting it off :pac:

If you barter a discount from them on your current package you should keep F1 (best confirm that with them and record the phonecall in case of disputes) but if you drop the HD pack or drop down to a lower bundle you may lose the F1 and can't get it back with a new HD pack sub.

• Advertisement
Advertisement