Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

Options

Comments

jay0109 wrote: »
    How does an elderly Traveller woman have 130k odd to leave in her will!

She wasn’t elderly. She was only in her 40’s and disabled. Mags was reared by an aunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

What age is she roughly?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

She wasn’t elderly. She was only in her 40’s and disabled. Mags was reared by an aunt.

Even more impressive that she had such a valuable estate to leave then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Public . I would also email the social welfare and SDCC . i have
    https://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/secure/ReportFraud.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭ShaneC93

She wasn’t elderly. She was only in her 40’s and disabled.

She died at 42 I believe. Also a few of Cash's past posts were about how she used to roam the country in a tiny caravan like used to typical of travellers in Ireland. There's no way then she could have earned €130K legit (500 a month for every year of her adult life) so unless she inherited it and saved it for her daughter, it must have come from crime.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

ShaneC93 wrote: »
    She died at 42 I believe.

That would imply she was about 15 when Margaret was born. Which is not as unlikely in the Traveller community, I suppose.

Just put in a welfare report with all the pictures of her Facebook buying & selling! I bet she either got money from her mom on her death outside of the trust or gets a monthly amount from the trust. Would explain a lot about how she can afford so much stuff even with the amount she gets from welfare.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,492 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

She died at 42 I believe. Also a few of Cash's past posts were about how she used to roam the country in a tiny caravan like used to typical of travellers in Ireland. There's no way then she could have earned €130K legit (500 a month for every year of her adult life) so unless she inherited it and saved it for her daughter, it must have come from crime.

Mags and co lived in a caravan at the back of their parents house in tallaght when I was growing up. Maybe it's the proceeds from house sale that's she inheriting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

pjohnson wrote: »
    If true, I’m disgusted. Disadvantaged my arse.

Working people struggling to get by living payslip to payslip. Worried about their rent increasing, wishing they could have another child but they couldn’t afford it.

Please tell me elections are coming along soon.

Who will ye be voting for?
    Peter Casey for taoiseach!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

I would vote for anyone that would end the special status of travellers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Why were they even given it by that waster enda

Do the Sun know something we don't? The trust fund story was published by their "Crime editor" :D

57212d88ad45e3d40cfef81cd4ef7d9e.png

Do the Sun know something we don't? The trust fund story was published by their "Crime editor" :D

57212d88ad45e3d40cfef81cd4ef7d9e.png

They should have a special department in there to deal exclusively with Margaret at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭airy fairy

Kimbot wrote: »
    Mags and co lived in a caravan at the back of their parents house in tallaght when I was growing up. Maybe it's the proceeds from house sale that's she inheriting.

Did they own the house, or were our parents and other taxpayers paying for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Now airy fairy, don’t be asking ridiculous questions! How do you think they owned a house?! Of course the tax payers paid for it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,197 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

What age is she roughly?

Great ! that's at least another 4 kids she'll have!

All paid for by the Irish tax payer!

TomSweeney wrote: »
    Great ! that's at least another 4 kids she'll have!

All paid for by the Irish tax payer!

4? Shure she'll only be 32 then. She's good for another 8 at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

Presumably Margaret provided that €100K sum to TheSun? I don't think that was mentioned at all on Facebook.

Just when you thought the story of Margaret Cash couldn't possibly get any stranger! Why on earth would it be restricted to age 35 though? I could understand 21 or 25 for maturity reasons - that's fairly normal in trusts but 35 makes zero sense when you consider the average traveller only lives 45-50 years. Sadie herself died around 40 I believe.

The ma was crafty. Just as Mags income drops off as the little angles hit 18 one by one, she has a a few quid to get her by. It's a back-up until her brood familiarise themselves with the back roads of Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »
    The ma was crafty. Just as Mags income drops off as the little angles hit 18 one by one, she has a a few quid to get her by. It's a back-up until her brood familiarise themselves with the back roads of Wexford.

They will be able to branch out....

By the time she hits 35 she'll be a grandma....and so it goes round and round.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

The eldest child is about ten, she will be a granny in about six years and a great granny sixteen years after that and foreva houses will have to be found for the entire brood in Tallaght.

tretorn wrote: »
    The eldest child is about ten, she will be a granny in about six years and a great granny sixteen years after that and foreva houses will have to be found for the entire brood in Tallaght.

They'll be looking for a f'ing village by then....

In 3 or 4 generations there'll be petitions to rename Tallaght Cashtown.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,985 ✭✭✭normanoffside

The eldest is 12 already afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Now airy fairy, don’t be asking ridiculous questions! How do you think they owned a house?! Of course the tax payers paid for it

Never happened in the history of Ireland. They either bought it off the council or bought it privately. Either way they'd need loan approval.
    That money should put a nice dent in any welfare payments, hopefully. They are means tested.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,985 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Going by her FB feed, Maggie is not happy with the inheritance story being published.
    She is wondering where they got the info- she published it herself on her profile last night did she not?

The perils of a public Facebook profile I guess :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Going by her FB feed, Maggie is not happy with the inheritance story being published.
    She is wondering where they got the info- she published it herself on her profile last night did she not?

The perils of a public Facebook profile I guess :pac:

The peril is the desire for attention but inability to be discrete.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,492 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

airy fairy wrote: »
    Did they own the house, or were our parents and other taxpayers paying for it?

Well from what I remember they owned the house outright.

The peril is the desire for attention but inability to be discrete. of being an idiot

FYP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Going by her FB feed, Maggie is not happy with the inheritance story being published. She is wondering where they got the info- she published it herself on her profile last night did she not?

In the words of the great American comedian Ron White, "You can't fix stupid".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement