Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost-Effective, High-Functionality, User-Friendly Replacement for Pay TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Anaki r2d2

swoofer - bought from satworld in Dublin thinking I was buying the same thing. Was this a mistake? New user and cannot poste hyper links fully -
    satworld.ie/tiviar-alpha-plus-triple-tuner-combo.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

@green123
    Sounds like it is using the Freesat db which does not include CH4 HD.
    Try SETUP>EPG>CROSSEPG>OPENTV PROVIDERS> select "openTV astra 28.2" and green to save.

When in crossEPG check that it is configured to download to your HDD on a nightly basis. If not, do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭green123

Just checked that setting and sky Uk openTV Astra2 on 28.2 is the only option in there and it was already selected with a green tick beside it.

In the configure menu i can see storage device is set to Hgst and scheduled download is set to once a day at 04:00

I do have the 7 day epg on the other channels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

green123 wrote: »
    Just checked that setting and sky Uk openTV Astra2 on 28.2 is the only option in there and it was already selected with a green tick beside it.

In the configure menu i can see storage device is set to Hgst and scheduled download is set to once a day at 04:00

I do have the 7 day epg on the other channels

Do a full satellite scan with clear before scan enabled then run Crossepg again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭NewClareman

green123 wrote: »
    Just checked that setting and sky Uk openTV Astra2 on 28.2 is the only option in there and it was already selected with a green tick beside it...

It’s working fine for me, with both images.

The settings above are correct. Do a full scan, suggested by the THHB, then Menu (password 0000) / Setup / EPG / Load-Save-Delete / Delete EPG, then download the EPG in CrossEPG, again. That’s all I can think of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭swoofer

@Anaki r2d2 thats the right box, only mistake its cheaper elsewhere.

To get started I would read through this thread, its long but has loads of info and you will learn a lot.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057827739

1. thread on the tiviar plus and use image by THB.

2. this thread is for the NCM image, a cut down version.

go with the THB one and then change if you want.

Thanks. Learnt a lot yesterday. All the information is here. Just a lot to get through. My main issue was the box I bought did not have the open ATV image to begin with. The instructions provided i believe on page 13 were correct. Sorry not allowed to post links. But in summary the info here is 100%. Bought in Ireland in case I needed local support.

Does the NCM image have webif and if so where is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭M00lers

Hi all, just setting this box up for someone.
    What is the correct setup when using only one sat feed feed from an old Sky dish. (Terrestrial is also being used)
    Do I need to use the loop cable supplied in the box?
    Do I need to change tuner settings at all?
    Any help would be gratefully received.

Anaki r2d2 wrote: »
    Does the NCM image have webif and if so where is it?

To access webif enter the box network address 192.168.xxx.xxx in to any web browser on your home network.

SYSTEM>NETWORK>DEVICE SETUP>ADAPTER SETTINGS will show the current IP address if you don't know it.

• Advertisement

What is the correct setup when using only one sat feed feed from an old Sky dish. (Terrestrial is also being used)

If only using one sat feed it's best to disable the unused tuner. Loops etc only confuse you and the box.

SETUP>SERVICE SEARCHING>TUNER CONFIG> select unused tuner and set CONFIGURATION MODE to "NOT CONFIGURED"

If only using one sat feed it's best to disable the unused tuner. Loops etc only confuse you and the box.

SETUP>SERVICE SEARCHING>TUNER CONFIG> select unused tuner and set CONFIGURATION MODE to "NOT CONFIGURED"
    Great, thanks. Everything should work correctly in regards to EPG updates etc. ?

Should be fine. If you didn't disable the unused one, EPG and recordings would try to use it instead and cause issues/errors.

Thanks again. Much appreciated.

Does the alpha plus box need the internet connection once it's set up and working correctly? Where does the epg come from? The saorview and satellite signals? Only using it for these two sources, no need for iptv rte catchup etc.

By the way, really appreciate the effort that people on here have gone too. Bye bye sky TV!

Does the alpha plus box need the internet connection once it's set up and working correctly? Where does the epg come from? The saorview and satellite signals? Only using it for these two sources, no need for iptv rte catchup etc.

By the way, really appreciate the effort that people on here have gone too. Bye bye sky TV!

Once setup it doesn't need a net connection, the EPG comes from satellite and terrestrial

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭limktime

Got an Alpha Plus yesterday and setup all done. Very easy, but I noticed Food Network and Travel Channel are missing. I see they've move to 12382.00 H DVB-S 27500 but I'm not sure how to change it to the new frequency. Could someone point me in the right direction?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭swoofer

go menu, , service searching, signal finder, arrow down to type of scan, arrow right to change it to user defined ,arrow down and put in new frequency, and so on, press green to scan and then green to save, it may replace existing but you may have to add to favourites.

give it a go

In the epg, I know you can search by title , but is it possible to skip forward by 24hrs at a time? Sky HD box has coloured button for that function. Would be cool if that's possible

In the epg, I know you can search by title , but is it possible to skip forward by 24hrs at a time? Sky HD box has coloured button for that function. Would be cool if that's possible

When in the guide you can press menu and change what each colour button does

• Advertisement

Did anyone figure out how to dim the two lights on the front and tone down the led display.

Mine flicks from the Rte than the rec status when it's off. Kind of annoying. The original Fortis image allowed the big triangular led to be switched off

Should be fine. If you didn't disable the unused one, EPG and recordings would try to use it instead and cause issues/errors.

Why do people keep posting this incorrect information? The box, and OpenATV, are designed to allow both tuners work with a single tuner. The setting just needs to be changed to loop through and everything works correctly.

With this image this allows BBC1, BBC2 and ITV to be watched/recorded with one cable as all are currently on the same band and polarity.

swoofer wrote: »
    @Anaki r2d2 thats the right box, only mistake its cheaper elsewhere.

To get started I would read through this thread, its long but has loads of info and you will learn a lot.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057827739

1. thread on the tiviar plus and use image by THB.

2. this thread is for the NCM image, a cut down version.

go with the THB one and then change if you want.

Why you you post on this thread to discourage people from using this image?

Have you used it?
    What do you believe is missing?

@OP all the information you need to setup this image is in this thread.

limktime wrote: »
    Got an Alpha Plus yesterday and setup all done. Very easy, but I noticed Food Network and Travel Channel are missing. I see they've move to 12382.00 H DVB-S 27500 but I'm not sure how to change it to the new frequency. Could someone point me in the right direction?

This image auto-updates, so you should have all channels. If using this image check that you have entered your local transmitter details in ABM - check by trying to download the channels. If your local transmitter details are wrong the auto updating does not work, as it checks for changes to terrestrial as well as satellite channels.

Why do people keep posting this incorrect information? The box, and OpenATV, are designed to allow both tuners work with a single tuner. The setting just needs to be changed to loop through and everything works correctly.

With this image this allows BBC1, BBC2 and ITV to be watched/recorded with one cable as all are currently on the same band and polarity.

So what happens if you are recording one channel and it wants to record from different polarity or band? Or what happens if it is recording and the EPG tries to update?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭McBain11

Hey lads. Just setting this up today.

So I put the new NCM image onto a 8gb kingston usb stick. Put it in the back of the tiviar. Powered on and nothing happening. just goes straight to the original image from the box.

Have I the right image on the stick? Do I need the 2 files 'tiviar' and 'childrens bouquet'?

This is what I have on the usb stick

Screenshot (44).png

Screenshot (45).png

Sorry for silly questions lads. I'm harmless with this stuff

You need to press the button on the front of the box when prompted to do so on the front display.

You need to press the button on the front of the box when prompted to do so on the front display.

When it says L1.16 is it? Press it then?

As it's just going from L1.16 into rte1 about 5 seconds later

McBain11 wrote: »

When it says L1.16 is it? Press it then?

As it's just going from L1.16 into rte1 about 5 seconds later

No, it actually says to press power on the front display, if you're not getting this message you probably need to try another USB drive. You have the correct folder on the USB stick right?

• Advertisement

I believe I have the correct folder (in the image above).

I'll try another usb stick so. thanks

Advertisement