Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Zombieland 2

• 30-01-2019 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84,825 ✭✭✭✭

Ruben Fleischer is returning to direct Zombieland Double Tap for cinema release on October 11th
    Columbus, Tallahasse, Wichita, and Little Rock move to the American heartland as they face off against evolved zombies, fellow survivors, and the growing pains of the snarky makeshift family

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭jones

Nice loved the first one

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Defunkd

10 years is a bit too long for a sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,197 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Defunkd wrote: »
    10 years is a bit too long for a sequel.

Toy Story 3 was 11 years and worth the wait :)
    Rambo was 19 years and pretty good

Then again Terminator 3 was 12 years and complete crap :(
    Indiana Jones was 19 years and was so bad I kinda agree with South Park about it.

So.............maybe?

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Couldn't be any worse than the brief & abandoned (Amazon?) TV show that was attempted.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Defunkd

Toy Story 3 was 11 years and worth the wait :)
    Rambo was 19 years and pretty good

Then again Terminator 3 was 12 years and complete crap :(
    Indiana Jones was 19 years and was so bad I kinda agree with South Park about it.

So.............maybe?
    I can't see the dynamic being as workable with such a large gap in the timeline. Eisenberg can't still be the geeky, insecure adult who's been banging Stone with the last 10 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

pixelburp wrote: »
    Couldn't be any worse than the brief & abandoned (Amazon?) TV show that was attempted.

God, I remember seeing the trailer for that on YouTube, I thought it was an SNL parody or something... dreadful.

I'm a big fan of the first one, hopefully more of the same from this.

not sure about that

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Probably doesn't help that zombies are already a little passé, that was a weak trailer. To the point where I'm wondering if I remember the first more fondly than it deserves.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Not a great trailer in all honesty, but the cast might be able to carry it off again. We shall see.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I thought it was Crocodile Dundee at the start

• Registered Users Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Thought the first one was awful - apart from Bill Murray - don't feel any more enthusiastic about the sequel after watching that trailer.

Arghus wrote: »
    Thought the first one was awful - apart from Bill Murray - don't feel any more enthusiastic about the sequel after watching that trailer.

Yeah, this is what I mean when I say I'm suddenly wondering if I actually liked the first one. The Bill Murray scene was funny, and the opening credits to Metallica was cool, but the rest? Ehhhh... might rewatch and see

The first one was great .... The end ��

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

That looks dreadful!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

It starts Ok, goes downhill with the Terrible cheech and Chong style story, then goes way off by ripping off a joke from Shaun of the Dead but not realising the joke and also thinking it was good enough for the trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,825 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Abigail Breslin looks older than Emma Stone and Jesse Eisenberg now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

First one is class.

Looking forward to this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I liked the first one a lot, it was all light hearted fun and games and everyone looked like they had fun making it.

That trailer isn't looking as good, it looks like it's suffering from sequelitis where they figure they'll take the things that worked in the first and got totally OTT because surely that's what everyone wants....

Also.... I dunno if I can deal with watching Emma Stone trying to talk through her false teeth for an hour and a half but that's just a personal bugbear of mine......

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

they look like they had fun making it is usually a bad thing for the audience

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Emma stone has false teeth ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Emma stone has false teeth ?

False/ highly worked on teeth. All I can ever see is her trying to talk around her top row of perfect teeth. It's immensely distracting.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

pixelburp wrote: »
    Yeah, this is what I mean when I say I'm suddenly wondering if I actually liked the first one. The Bill Murray scene was funny, and the opening credits to Metallica was cool, but the rest? Ehhhh... might rewatch and see

I thought it was the broadest, blandest and ultimately boring zombie movie possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

False/ highly worked on teeth. All I can ever see is her trying to talk around her top row of perfect teeth. It's immensely distracting.
    Like a large portion of actors/actresses then.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I liked the first one - once you know it was reworked from a tv series pitch certain elements of the pacing make sense but I liked the cast and enjoyed the dynamics and banter.

The trailer feels a bit unconfident opening with that particular line (then returning clumsily to the runup to that scene and hobbling around it), but unless I hear really bad things I'll be watching this as some light relief between meatier films.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

emma stone is perfect..... leave HER ALONE !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Red Band Trailer

• Advertisement

Advertisement