Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Rumble 2019 *Spoilers* (No betting odds)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Necro wrote: »
    Seriously, the person posting odds here after a mod warning regarding the same is a d1ck, plain and simple. Clear intention imo to spoil the event for others.

100% the fact the same poster didn't post in here again for the rest of the night showed he just wanted to spoil the outcome and disappear.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Seriously, the person posting odds here after a mod warning regarding the same is a d1ck, plain and simple. Clear intention imo to spoil the event for others.

Fell asleep last night, missed the event but catching up this morning now.

Can I just again state how much I absolutely despise Alicia Fox. What is the purpose of her hanging around/.

She does a good Northern Lights Suplex, and that's about it for me. Sort of surprised she's been around as long as she has been.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

ive actually no idea if bryan?aj was a good match or was i just too tired to care but brock and finn got me back from the 1st second.

Aj/bryan was just too slow.

as expected staying up for the rumble then going to work was a bad idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

sky88 wrote: »
    ive actually no idea if bryan?aj was a good match or was i just too tired to care but brock and finn got me back from the 1st second.

Aj/bryan was just too slow.

Caffeine is your friend

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

sky88 wrote: »

Yup! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Well I enjoyed that show to be honest. Back to the Doctors later re this chest infection to see if I can go back to work this week. In regards to Seth winning he was my pick for the last month so seeing the odds before the show did not spoil anything for me. Other viable winners Braun and Drew and Orton. It would have been nice to see Dolph win either I enjoy his matches. Am I right in saying apart from the 2 near the beginning we had no legends in the Rumble later on I missed almost 8 minutes just after Shelton came in as my internet modem decided to reset itself.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

lycan238 wrote: »
    Well I enjoyed that show to be honest. Back to the Doctors later re this chest infection to see if I can go back to work this week. In regards to Seth winning he was my pick for the last month so seeing the odds before the show did not spoil anything for me. Other viable winners Braun and Drew and Orton. It would have been nice to see Dolph win either I enjoy his matches. Am I right in saying apart from the 2 near the beginning we had no legends in the Rumble later on I missed almost 8 minutes just after Shelton came in as my internet modem decided to reset itself.

Just
    Jarrett and Angle

really.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Well considering their mania matches were talked about back around november time, it was fairly certain who were winning the rumble matches, and thankfully they stuck with them, the best 2 won them.

Is it just me, or did anybody else find the commentary atrocious, i think it was twice maybe 3 times during Lesnar and Balor match, they shouted "we're gonna have a new champion tonight" well when they say that, you can guarantee, there wont be a new champion crowned.

Shane McMahon, im just sick and tired of him now, Kurt Angle has regressed so much since mania last year, he barely made it to the ring without blowing up, he should hang the boots up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Just
    Jarrett and Angle

really.
    Well considering their mania matches were talked about back around november time, it was fairly certain who were winning the rumble matches, and thankfully they stuck with them, the best 2 won them.

Shane McMahon, im just sick and tired of him now, Kurt Angle has regressed so much since mania last year, he barely made it to the ring without blowing up, he should hang the boots up now.

What was
    Angle
    doing in the rumble anyway. what purpose did it serve? Give the spot to Ryder and have Ryder/Hawkins eliminate one or two then be both eliminated by someone even Elias.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Is it just me, or did anybody else find the commentary atrocious, i think it was twice maybe 3 times during Lesnar and Balor match, they shouted "we're gonna have a new champion tonight" well when they say that, you can guarantee, there wont be a new champion crowned.

Yeah Renee screamed it as they rolled back into the ring for the finish. I immediately said to myself that's Finn ****ed so. Shocking mistake to make, either that or Vince really does look at the audience with contempt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I was thinking Drew coukd be a possibility. Big E was in my thoughts. All behind Strowman and Rollins tho.

Who would Drew take on at Mania?? He's likely to take Lars Sullivan spot of a Cena match.
    Big E had absolutely no chance joking around with pancakes and Tony Chimel.
    Strowman has lost a lot of momentum & nobody wants to see the Lesnar match which showed in the last few weeks.
    You could do the Bryan match but I doubt they want to move any more people off Raw in the next few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I went to bed about 7 or 8 entrants into the mens Rumble and I’m glad I did. The women’s Rumble, Becky v Asuka, Lesnar v Balor were the highlights of the night.

Looking forward to see if Becky will turn up on Raw now to get in Ronda’s face.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Becky winning is just brilliant. Well deserved and even better when, to an outsider, she appeared to gave a tough time initially in NXT/developmental. Had her problems as a young lady with injuries etc.

Was it Nikki Bella who said that, while it may take longer, Becky was the one to watch from the NXT four? From an in ring to finding a money persona she is now the stand out. Amazing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

The women's rumble was much much better compared to other men's.

The commentary team were always connecting all the little feuds even back to NXT so it looked like there was a deep history between everyone with a great finish which got the reaction of the night.

Where as the men's was ok comedy segment, legends segment, middle lull with a Kofi spot or 2, a surprise that the audience took a giant poo on then finish.
    It seemed like very little stories were being played out ( now maybe I was too tired and had zoned out of the commentary at that point) and very little long term hitoryvir grudges being played out

I still think if Finn had stayed in the ring after the Brock match, and had gotten to the final four or five, even if he didn't win would have made him a superstar

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Adored that show really.

First off, the women's Rumble. Started slow, but had a really good mix of young and current talent, and I liked there was no "Older" talent too. The focus was on the right people, the booking was super solid. Yes, the first half suffered from what every Rumble does.

But the ending has to be one of my favorite ever. I felt the story was pretty predictable from the moment Becky/Asuka opened the show. But predicatble doesn't always mean bad. This was exactly the story that was wanted and needed, and they. nailed. it. Brilliant.

Men's was a bit more solid overall; again, like the mix of Uk and NXT guys. Double J was a surprise. I felt Rollin's WAS too predictable, but I'm also aware that it was set up for the best story they have to tell in Rollins vs Brock.

Enjoyed Brock/Finn, enjoyed Sasha/Ronda. Enjoyed it overall.

Oh, I'm also going to add...

Nia Jax's appearance probably gave me one of my top 10 all time favorite written moments.

When she got in and threw Ali over, my head was thinking "I don't think there's a guy wrestler who is capable of beating up a woman and coming out of it looking good."

And, perfectly timed, it cuts to Orton's grin, and I was thinking "Oh man, I was wrong!"

That was such a perfectly filmed moment. The camera work gets a lot of criticism at times, and rightly so. But they hesitated that cut just perfectly to form that question in peoples mind, and framed the answer brilliantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,116 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Thought Kacy Catanzaro and Rhea were really impressive. Had to google Kacy's height because she looked far smaller than even Alexa or Kairi. She's 5'0. Rhea throwing women around the place will be fun when she's called up.

Ali looked good in the men's and I'm glad he got a big cheer for eliminating Joe.

Rowan, what?

Becky/Asuka and Ronda/Sasha really delivered. The finish to Becky/Asuka was so smooth. Asuka is great.

I was enjoying Brock/Finn but then the commentary went totally overboard on "Finn is going to win!" so my cynicism took me out of the end of that match.

Also, people don't like Shane beating main roster guys and I get that but I love his spots. His shooting star wows me more than the multiple flips that some of the guys 20+ years younger can do.

Edit: Because Lord reminded me. Nia looked far more comfortable in there with the men. It was a brilliant moment and risky too; A woman getting super-kicked, 619'd and RKO'd and the crowd ate it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Decent event, think it's being slightly over-rated because Becky won. The Rumble matches were quite boring, they need to stop doing Kofi's stupid spots, hopefully next year someone just destroys him and dumps him out straight away. Singles matches were much better, really enjoyed the 205 live crew too.

Mandy Rose eliminating Naomi after her Kofi-inspired save was the moment of the night :D

My heart wanted Kofi to win, but I always laugh....whenever they have these dramatic "survival" spots, the person is nearly always booked to get eliminated quickly after. I get it's because that way, if they screw up the spot, the match itself isn't thrown into chaos. But it always bugs me how quickly the likes of Kofi gets bundled out post survival spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,203 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I'm not a big wrestling fan but have been watching some of the older stuff on youtube recently, and was around last night so decided to check out the Rumble.

Seriously, I don't get how anybody can take the womens rumble seriously? I thought it was painful at times in how obvious everybody was doing their spots. I mean, I get it like, its all scripted and people are playing their parts, but at least in the mens matches they make it look somewhat natural when an elimination happens. That womens rumble was a long parade of people climbing up on the ropes themselves because otherwise the women couldn't lift them high enough to chuck them out. I'm serious, the guys can throw somebody straight out, but how many times did I see a woman straight up climbing the ropes herself so that an opponent could then finish them off? It was painfully obvious. Early in the match I was wondering to myself if it would be politically correct to have the top rope be lower just to help them out.

I also got bored of the whole gimmick where a new entrant comes into the ring and gets the spotlight for a short time, gets to knock down 3 or 4 people and do their thing while the rest of the entrants are all resting in the corners doing nothing. Rinse and repeat for the next person.

I assume this is all early days for the women and the quality will improve over time? I did like Rhea Ripley, I thought she came across very realistic as the sort of entrant that would clean house as opposed to that Nia Jax wagon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭dusty bin

Hanging today.

Watched the whole preshow and lasted until Drew McIntyre's entrance into the rumble. woke up on the armchair around 8.00. Just on my 7th cup of coffee, if I can steal an hours kip when i get home, i'm staying up to see if becky makes an appearance on raw.

thought becky v asuka was great and i didnt think she (becky) came off weak at all. defeat for asuka would have being terrible for her after the 2018 she had. delighted becky got to compete in the rumble and nearly woke the kids with a roar when she won.

shane/miz v the bar, arraghh. do not want to watch another mcmahon wm match. the last two times the bar have lost the tag team titles was to two makey up teams. (last year at wm the other one). they deserve better.

was hoping sasha would steal a win last night againts rousey. wasnt a bad match.

very impressed with rhea ripley when she came in. can see her in a feud with nia jax at some point. was cheering for natalya for first time ever thanks to the pool draw. well done on lasting 55 mins.

Can see flair lodging an objection to finlay giving becky the ok to compete in the RR? Crowd was becky mad, at all stages. she has to close out wm now as the victor in the main event.

never thought i would miss first 10 minutes of a db v aj match to use the toilet, make a bowl of cornflakes and have a cig break. even after that, i just couldnt get into it. it was placed in the worst spot. will harper join rowan in being a new db worshipper before wm?

thought the finn match was great, and was delighted at the amount of offence he got in. hopefully there is a rematch soon, this time v the demon. part of me thought heyman was going to turn on lesnar.

as for the main event, only got to number 15/16. adam rose version two was the last straw and last thing i can remember is drew fighting some of the conga line. unfortunately, the victor was spoiled on me when i looked at my phone this morning, but will watch the end later on.

thumbs up for the becky and finn stuff. but 7 hours of wrestling, after watching nxt the night before, and raw and smackdown still to come, is far to much.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Devil's Advocate - If Becky chooses to fight Ronda at Mania, is it because she wants to go to Raw and defeat her, or is it because she is really afraid of Asuka and doesn't want to get tapped out again?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Devil's Advocate - If Becky chooses to fight Ronda at Mania, is it because she wants to go to Raw and defeat her, or is it because she is really afraid of Asuka and doesn't want to get tapped out again?

I think the best path forward is for Becky to move to Raw and challenge Ronda.

Asuka has unfinished business with Charlotte and I would not be opposed to a rematch from last year with the roles (to a degree) reversed.

Nia Jax VS Orton would be hilarious, I actually wouldn't be against it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 85,413 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'd love Becky to win the SD title at EC and then fight Ronda at WM for the Raw title

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

With the women's rumble and Battle Royals, I always wonder why he NXT representatives consist of ones who don't appear on NXT television. Can't remember the last time I saw Xia or Kacy (Random Kacy facts: she was Stephen Amell's trainer on celeb Ninja Warrior and she's dating Ricochet - must give the term "bedroom gymnastics" a whole new meaning). Not saying they don't deserve the spot but if they're just going to disappear again without building on the momentum, then it's a bad idea.
    Great to see Becky win. Thought for a second that Bayley, Charlotte and Becky would team up to get rid of Nia, but they seem to be getting rid of any notion of a horsewomen match.

For the Daniel Bryan match, I got through it pretty quickly. Wonder if they'll use Bryan's previous time with the Wyatt Family to explain Rowan helping?

The men's rumble seemed to drag a lot more than the women's. Why are New Day the only tag team taking part, taking up 3 spots in the process. Would love to know the thinking overall of who gets in the Rumble. Like why is No Way Jose there and Rusev not?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Great to see Becky win. Thought for a second that Bayley, Charlotte and Becky would team up to get rid of Nia, but they seem to be getting rid of any notion of a horsewomen match.

There is surely gonna be some sort of Horsewomen match after Sasha raising the 4 fingers to Ronda. Maybe this will be at Elimination Chamber?

Then at Mania have Becky vs Ronda or Becky v Ronda v Charlotte and have the remaining Horsewomen in a 2 on 2 or 3 on 3 tag match at a mania??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

There is surely gonna be some sort of Horsewomen match after Sasha raising the 4 fingers to Ronda. Maybe this will be at Elimination Chamber?

Then at Mania have Becky vs Ronda or Becky v Ronda v Charlotte and have the remaining Horsewomen in a 2 on 2 or 3 on 3 tag match at a mania??

Horsewomen match is nowhere near ready, Ronda and Shayna can go in the ring but the other two make Dana Brooke and Lana look gifted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

if they are going to make it a triple threat with Charlotte which im certain they will

i think they should strip Becky of the win saying she wasnt a real competitor in the match so doesnt count and Charlotte be the winner and have Becky have to earn her way back in again. This suits her character and what she always says about Charlotte being handed everything.

granted id prefer becky vs ronda then charlotte/askua rematch but i feel charlotte is going to be in the match

• Registered Users Posts: 18,094 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Andrade and Ziggler facing off made my mind slip for about 30 seconds for either to make it so far was frustrating when it looked like either was going all the way, they missed a chance to have someone beat up someone and do a heel turn and take their place Cena Bray Zack Ryder(he would make a great heel) instead we got something different to say the least was a fun night I can't see the crowd miming the winners theme tonight unless they bring power tools

• Advertisement

Exclusive fan footage of Charlotte and Lacey Evans facing off.

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

:P

Advertisement