Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Rumble 2019 *Spoilers* (No betting odds)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Hawkins is gone ages ago

Is he not still under the ring 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Oh Christ not this yolk

Nia jax... Ugh

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Is he not still under the ring 😂

Nope. He eliminated someone, Ambrose I think, and then was eliminated straight away as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,354 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Nia wins and gives her Mania spot to her cousin, The Rock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I was just going to say that I would rather see R-Truth win the Rumble then anyone else in the the ring. But I guess that's not happening. Not that it was ever going to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,354 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Randy Orton has just won the hearts of the Internet wrestling community. This Rumble is truly historic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Tippex

Nia thats for becky you munter

Hahah this is actually brilliant! That felt like a long over due punishment!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,117 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

She's awful but that was pretty awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Interesting final 4

Rollins is the logical answer here. I didn't even know he was still in it, but now that I see he's still in, I'm backing Rollins.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,094 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Ugggghhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

from 4 to 1 very quickly. Happy. Well done Seth, much deserved, best performer last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,927 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Damn it to that posters who didn't read the title

Suppose it's not that bad and would be even a better swerve if he choose Daniel Bryan instead of Brock

Overall decent show but time for bed roll on raw

Wasted an hour of sleep there...

Overall I thought this year's Rumble was pretty decent, but the 30 Man Rumble matches themselves were kind've dull I thought. If Becky hadn't of won, I would have written off the women's match completely. The men's match wasn't much to watch, very few surprise entrants or moment to keep me entertained.

The other matches on the show was the best part of the PPV. Becky/Asuka, Ronda/Sasha, Lesnar/Balor, Bryan/Styles were pretty decent matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

What we saw there cannot be underestimated.....male on female violence!! :eek: Supposedly something only "neckbeards" are interested in seeing and it was bloody amazing. The actually had me going once I saw her and I was ready to walk away for good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,600 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

The Nia appearance was something different at least, really annoying that she eliminated Mustafa though

Enjoyed the men's rumble overall, I've been following the betting odds though so the winner was as expected

• Registered Users Posts: 7,600 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I've been pretty positive on WWE lately. 205 and NXT are great shows and Smackdown has been excellent with the Becky stuff and the WWE title feud. But AJ/Bryan was sent to die imo. Sandwiched between the Rumble matches and right after the crowd went crazy for Becky winning. There was just no response.

The match was good, but was too long. You could tell the crowd was exhausted. It should have been ten minutes shorter and done in a sprint style. It's like context doesn't matter for WWE. Your main eventers get 20 plus minutes even though you know it's not the right moment for it. The screw finish made things worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Went to sleep after Becky’s win. I was delighted with that after being disappointed that she tapped earlier. The men’s Rumble being spoiled here didn’t make me want to stay awake for it. I’ll watch some of the rest of the show later.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Rollins winning was not spoiled. It was obvious when he lost the IC title they were moving him up to face Lesnar.
    Not a lot of other options to win it. Pretty sure most were tipping him to win it the last few weeks if not months. Unless Reigns unlikely came back I didn't see any options. McIntyre or Strowman were never winning it & they really built up a grand total of zero contenders from Smackdown the last few months.
    Looking at the entrants for the Rumble the vasr majority of them are still up in the air on what they'll do at WrestleMania which shows how cold most talent are.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Rollins winning was not spoiled. It was obvious when he lost the IC title they were moving him up to face Lesnar.
    Not a lot of other options to win it. Pretty sure most were tipping him to win it the last few weeks if not months. Unless Reigns unlikely came back I didn't see any options. McIntyre or Strowman were never winning it & they really built up a grand total of zero contenders from Smackdown the last few months.
    Looking at the entrants for the Rumble the vasr majority of them are still up in the air on what they'll do at WrestleMania which shows how cold most talent are.

It was confirmed by the odds being posted which took away any slim chance of a surprise. I’d call that spoiled and I know a lot of others on here felt similarly.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,149 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Seriously, the person posting odds here after a mod warning regarding the same is a d1ck, plain and simple. Clear intention imo to spoil the event for others.

Fell asleep last night, missed the event but catching up this morning now.

Can I just again state how much I absolutely despise Alicia Fox. What is the purpose of her hanging around/.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Necro wrote: »
    Seriously, the person posting odds here after a mod warning regarding the same is a d1ck, plain and simple. Clear intention imo to spoil the event for others.

Fell asleep last night, missed the event but catching up this morning now.

Can I just again state how much I absolutely despise Alicia Fox. What is the purpose of her hanging around/.

Well thats why I avoid social media if there anything I dont want spoilt.

Im the Wrestling equivalent of the wrestler who hides under the ring during a rumble.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,149 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Well thats why I avoid social media if there anything I dont want spoilt.

Yeah, usually do too but was hanging around to complete the Royal Rumble pool :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Pentecost wrote: »
    It was confirmed by the odds being posted which took away any slim chance of a surprise. I’d call that spoiled and I know a lot of others on here felt similarly.

Who were people expecting to win if not Rollins???

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I was thinking Drew coukd be a possibility. Big E was in my thoughts. All behind Strowman and Rollins tho.

• Advertisement

I’m not saying it was unexpected but you have a 5-10% chance of it not being Rollins which is reduced to a 0.05% chance when you see he’s 1/3 just before the event starts. It was annoying.

Advertisement