Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vaccinations - which provider to choose?

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Presumably you haven't had any vaccines since you were a child then? If you've any reason to think you didn't get any of the standard childhood vaccines, you can contact your GP to confirm (or mothers are great for that kind of thing too :)).

TMB are great, I was just there last week. They will advise about what you need. It can vary from person to person depending on what areas you're going, what kind of activities you'll be doing (e.g. trekking/hiking) and how long you're travelling for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

Are there any pros or cons about going to TMB over a GP?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Hrududu wrote: »
    Are there any pros or cons about going to TMB over a GP?

Not really. Your GP won't have vaccines in stock though so you'll probably have to make two visits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭dave 27

Hi all,

I am travelling to Thailand in the new year (Bangkok and Krabi), just wondering if it is advised to get injections for them?

Its something that slipped my mind in getting and just hoping im not too late in getting!

Thanks in advance!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

We can't give out medical advice on boards. There are lots of online websites to see which countries need vaccines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Beans_On

Off to Thailand for 10 days. Am I right in saying I'm ok without vaccinations?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭shanec1928

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Beans_On wrote: »
    Off to Thailand for 10 days. Am I right in saying I'm ok without vaccinations?

Not unless you want to run the risk of getting very sick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Johnny Red Cab

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

Hi all,

I'm heading to South America for a few weeks next month. I'll be starting in Peru, then onto Bolivia and finishing in Brazil.

Do you know if any vaccinations are required for this? I know yellow fever is recommended, but is it a requirement to travel?

Thanks for any help. :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement