Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vaccinations - which provider to choose?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

for flights check out sights like skyscanner , or rome2rio or the like.

https://www.tmb.ie/destinations/vaccinations-for-india

and get to jaisalmer if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭riddles

Hi

I possibly have a four day trip to Bangalore in early May. Is it advisable to get vaccine shots. I’ll be going between off and hotel?

Thanks

R

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,649 ✭✭✭✭ted1

If your travelling for work just get all the jabs. Your work will cover them.

You should download the TravelWise app from the dept of foreign affairs its great info for travelling to non European countries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

For four days where you'll be between the hotel and office, there is really no need to go through that hassle IMO. As long as you are eating in reputable places and drinking bottle water, which I assume are a given

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,392 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

For four days where you'll be between the hotel and office, there is really no need to go through that hassle IMO. As long as you are eating in reputable places and drinking bottle water, which I assume are a given

Don't ever assume anything about India.

OP, get the shots, as another poster said work will probably cover the cost anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

I lived there for 2 years, there's a huge amount of top class hotels and restaurants available. No issues with sourcing bottled water either. Didn't see any rabid dogs and the disease-free mosquito's rarely bothered me.

I really don't think shots are necessary for a 4 day trip, but if its not something the OP minds doing, then go for it. If anything,it will give you peace of mind. Stay away from the Kingfisher premium beer and enjoy the traffic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Got all the shots when I was in India last year.
    Ate in a reputable place and made the mistake of eating ice cream! It was a nasty 12 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭KBD85

I'm going to The Medical Bureau on Grafton Street for the vaccines for Vietnam but am not sure which ones I should get nor what I received as a child.

Is there any database in Ireland that would have information on what vaccines I received previously?

There is a long list of vaccines and it seems to be up to the non medically trained patient to pick and choose which they want from this list: https://www.tmb.ie/destinations/vaccinations-for-viet-nam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

KBD85 wrote: »
    I'm going to The Medical Bureau on Grafton Street for the vaccines for Vietnam but am not sure which ones I should get nor what I received as a child.

Is there any database in Ireland that would have information on what vaccines I received previously?

There is a long list of vaccines and it seems to be up to the non medically trained patient to pick and choose which they want from this list: https://www.tmb.ie/destinations/vaccinations-for-viet-nam

Your GP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

The Dr will advise you what you need when you go in. Thats what you're paying them.for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Presumably you haven't had any vaccines since you were a child then? If you've any reason to think you didn't get any of the standard childhood vaccines, you can contact your GP to confirm (or mothers are great for that kind of thing too :)).

TMB are great, I was just there last week. They will advise about what you need. It can vary from person to person depending on what areas you're going, what kind of activities you'll be doing (e.g. trekking/hiking) and how long you're travelling for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

Are there any pros or cons about going to TMB over a GP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Hrududu wrote: »
    Are there any pros or cons about going to TMB over a GP?

Not really. Your GP won't have vaccines in stock though so you'll probably have to make two visits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭dave 27

Hi all,

I am travelling to Thailand in the new year (Bangkok and Krabi), just wondering if it is advised to get injections for them?

Its something that slipped my mind in getting and just hoping im not too late in getting!

Thanks in advance!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

We can't give out medical advice on boards. There are lots of online websites to see which countries need vaccines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭Beans_On

Off to Thailand for 10 days. Am I right in saying I'm ok without vaccinations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭shanec1928

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Beans_On wrote: »
    Off to Thailand for 10 days. Am I right in saying I'm ok without vaccinations?

Not unless you want to run the risk of getting very sick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Johnny Red Cab

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

Hi all,

I'm heading to South America for a few weeks next month. I'll be starting in Peru, then onto Bolivia and finishing in Brazil.

Do you know if any vaccinations are required for this? I know yellow fever is recommended, but is it a requirement to travel?

Thanks for any help. :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement