Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Ticket Information Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭stayback

pc7 wrote: »
    Ah sorry to hear that man, not nice. Hopefully you can get your money back.

Doesn’t look good.. he took out the money as soon as I lodged it...

Lesson learnt

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

stayback wrote: »

Lesson learnt

That's ****, you have a lot of trust in a person you don't know to lodge money into their account.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 shaundolier

stayback wrote: »

Lesson learnt

Absolute scumbag. If I come across anything on the Scottish site I'll alert you.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Given the nature of the above and that forces outside of boards are involved we'll stop that there

That's ****, you have a lot of trust in a person you don't know to lodge money into their account.

He sounded genuine on the phone.. anyway in the hands of the guards now...

• Advertisement

Absolute scumbag. If I come across anything on the Scottish site I'll alert you.

Cheers thanks for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

sternn wrote: »
    lbc2019 wrote: »
    Got a Scotland ticket!
    From the Scottish website?

Yes.

Hi all since my previous post was taken down as seemingly I mentioned a username on boards and he could be identified from that..

Just becareful when getting tickets scammers are around...

€345 down lesson learnt

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Guess Ireland v England tickets will be posted by the end of this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

Eod100 wrote: »
    Guess Ireland v England tickets will be posted by the end of this week?

On this. I have entered into a dialogue with someone online to purchase tickets from them for the game. Price seems reasonable. However, I am dubious about handing over money to a stranger online (for obvious reasons). They have told me that they have the tickets in hand. If tickets have not been sent out yet that sounds a bit suspicious right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

On this. I have entered into a dialogue with someone online to purchase tickets from them for the game. Price seems reasonable. However, I am dubious about handing over money to a stranger online (for obvious reasons). They have told me that they have the tickets in hand. If tickets have not been sent out yet that sounds a bit suspicious right?

Run a mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

Could be... Unless clubs have them in hand? I don't know if all tickets get dispatched at the same time or not.

How did you first get in contact with this person?

I think the price being reasonable for a sold-out game could be a red flag. Not sure if people could print tickets at home or received them earlier. If you're meeting in person you could suss it out? Wouldn't pay in advance on promise of tickets being sent on..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Some people have their tickets, I've seen them on my friends ' Facebook. Would be club tickets

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Has anyone got any tips on how I could get some tickets to the Scotland game?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Clubs, schools etc will have their tickets. I was due to collect tickets for one of the games over the weekend
    troyzer wrote: »
    Run a mile.
    Not necessarily
    Eod100 wrote: »
    I think the price being reasonable for a sold-out game could be a red flag. Not sure if people could print tickets at home or received them earlier. If you're meeting in person you could suss it out? Wouldn't pay in advance on promise of tickets being sent on..
    I dont see why it would be red flag.
    Clubs, schools, provincial branches will have tickets already and could have distributed some already

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Clubs, schools etc will have their tickets. I was due to collect tickets for one of the games over the weekend

Not necessarily

I dont see why it would be red flag.
    Clubs, schools, provincial branches will have tickets already and could have distributed some already

Paying online in advance is a red flag.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Be very wary, if it sounds too good to be true. Can you drive to them? Or do PayPal and then raise a dispute if it’s a scam?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭blackwhite

I have my tickets - got them via club.

I'd ask them to send a pic of the tickets together with something specific (proves they didn't google and find an image elsewhere). This should have name of club/school/etc printed on them, and at the very least you'd have a route to complain/persue them afterwards if they turn out to be dodge

• Registered Users Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Meet them at their house or require that they walk you into the ground (if there are multiple tickets, ensure that one of the tickets work before you pay over). Or perhaps proof of address in another manner, essentially cover that you can report them to the guards easy enough or verify at the ground that they work.

I wouldn't say run a mile unless you can get no serious assurances as to the tickets like above. If I couldn't go to the game and had tickets, I'd probably sell my tickets to a genuine fan at a reasonable cost so the price isn't an automatic red flag, guy might be genuine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭keng66

my tickets for the France game arrived in the post this morning

keng66 wrote: »

Ah hopefully they have sent out England tickets then too. Would be a bit odd otherwise with France game not til 10th March

Meet them at their house or require that they walk you into the ground (if there are multiple tickets, ensure that one of the tickets work before you pay over). Or perhaps proof of address in another manner, essentially cover that you can report them to the guards easy enough or verify at the ground that they work.

I wouldn't say run a mile unless you can get no serious assurances as to the tickets like above. If I couldn't go to the game and had tickets, I'd probably sell my tickets to a genuine fan at a reasonable cost so the price isn't an automatic red flag, guy might be genuine.

Yeah I guess face value is grand provided they're genuine, guess I meant if price seemed too reasonable!

Well they did say that they had gotten them via a club and are just asking for face value. They were happy to meet to exchange the tickets but they live really far away so that's not practical for me so they have agreed to post them. They have asked if I can transfer the money to their account so we both have records of payment and I have asked them to send me a photo of the tickets with a code word so I know they have them. I'm waiting on that now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

keng66 wrote: »

Yup, likewise my tickets for England, arrived this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

Well they did say that they had gotten them via a club and are just asking for face value. They were happy to meet to exchange the tickets but they live really far away so that's not practical for me so they have agreed to post them. They have asked if I can transfer the money to their account so we both have records of payment and I have asked them to send me a photo of the tickets with a code word so I know they have them. I'm waiting on that now.

That's sounds credible. Prudent move with the codeword.
    Was it on toutless that you encountered him/her? If so they might have a track record that you could gage from their previous posts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Duffryman

.... are just asking for face value. They were happy to meet to exchange the tickets but they live really far away .....

Maybe it's just me, but I'd actually be suspicious of this. I managed to get tickets for the same match myself, and I know that if something happened and I couldn't go, I'd only have to ask some of the neighbours or put the word around the local pub about it, and I'd have people queueing up to take them from me at face value. I certainly wouldn't have to go advertising them online or engaging with people who live 'really far away'.

Duffryman wrote: »
    Maybe it's just me, but I'd actually be suspicious of this. I managed to get tickets for the same match myself, and I know that if something happened and I couldn't go, I'd only have to ask some of the neighbours or put the word around the local pub about it, and I'd have people queueing up to take them from me at face value. I certainly wouldn't have to go advertising them online or engaging with people who live 'really far away'.

The thing is that they are in England, as am I, and I guess it would be harder for their neighbours etc. to head off to Dublin at short notice for an Ireland rugby match (and be willing to pay a fair chunk for tickets, flights and accom.) Whereas I was already heading to Dublin anyway and have free accommodation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Duffryman

The thing is that they are in England, as am I, and I guess it would be harder for their neighbours etc. to head off to Dublin at short notice for an Ireland rugby match (and be willing to pay a fair chunk for tickets, flights and accom.) Whereas I was already heading to Dublin anyway and have free accommodation.

Ah, that makes a difference. I wouldn't be as suspicious now.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭mossy464

There was another drop of singles for the England game on TM around 9 this morning. All seem to be gone now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement