Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Ticket Information Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭keng66

seems to be a few single tickets for both, just got 2 single tickets for France but seated close together

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

RED ALERT. England and France tickets on ticketmaster now. Just bagged 2 England tickets.

Gone it seems... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,655 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I have a single one here for 120e. Reckon cheaper ones will pop up between now and match? Or is it now or never? Already paying that for England ticket so dunno could I justify paying it twice..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭mossy464

Eod100 wrote: »
    I have a single one here for 120e. Reckon cheaper ones will pop up between now and match? Or is it now or never? Already paying that for England ticket so dunno could I justify paying it twice..

I got one 52.50 ticket by pure chance when I was searching for best available. Hard to see any more being released but you never know.

mossy464 wrote: »
    I got one 52.50 ticket by pure chance when I was searching for best available. Hard to see any more being released but you never know.

Yeah I let it go for that price. There's a few weeks to go yet so a few more might pop up again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭timaru89

Raging I missed the release earlier, will keep an eye on the thread (and TM) for any more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Redo91

Such BS that tickets are released on Ticketmaster when so many missed out in the supporters club. Surely if there are returns they should hold another ballot?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Redo91 wrote: »
    Such BS that tickets are released on Ticketmaster when so many missed out in the supporters club. Surely if there are returns they should hold another ballot?
    And what of those not in supporters clubs?
    Tickets beyond clubs, schools, provincial supporters clubs shouldnt just go to IRFU supporters club.
    Surprised there is a public sale. Thought tickets would be gone by that stage

Tickets beyond clubs, schools, provincial supporters clubs shouldnt just go to IRFU supporters club.
    Fair point.

I was just saying the last place the tickets should end up is on ticketmaster where anyone can buy them.

I paid €50 to join the supporters club and had no luck. I’m also a Connacht season ticket holder for the last 7 seasons. I think more should be done for people who attend club/provincial rugby. Far to many bandwagoners who manage to pick up tickets.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Where are these tickets coming back from? Most clubs I know were over subscribed for requests? Are they corporate ones?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,376 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I think it's more a fact that those in the supporters club got royally screwed over this year whereas whilst demand is massive everywhere, clubs, schools etc didn't see a change in how they were allocated.

Fair point.

I was just saying the last place the tickets should end up is on ticketmaster where anyone can buy them.

I paid €50 to join the supporters club and had no luck. I’m also a Connacht season ticket holder for the last 7 seasons. I think more should be done for people who attend club/provincial rugby. Far to many bandwagoners who manage to pick up tickets.

At same time, I don't think there was a significant number of tickets available so offering a handful by ballot to supporters club, might just annoy people even further..!

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Cateym

Just got 2 tickets :D

Got two as well. Also in Cork. Have you flights already?

Fair point.

At same time, I don't think there was a significant number of tickets available so offering a handful by ballot to supporters club, might just annoy people even further..!

Rather have a very slight chance of getting tickets through the supporters club than none at all. Under no circumstances should tickets be going on general sale when so many members missed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Bubblegummers

Rather have a very slight chance of getting tickets through the supporters club than none at all. Under no circumstances should tickets be going on general sale when so many members missed out.

They couldn’t care about members corporates and blow ins seem to take precedence. I rang a guy about a ticket today he quoted me a grand for English tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Fair point.

The counter argument is that no tickets should be going to the supporters club when so many club members are missing out.

Ultimately, the objective is to keep out the day trip band wagoners who want to Instagram themselves in an Ireland Jersey. Making them pay €50 for the supporters club is hardly an impervious barrier to that sort of audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

Cateym wrote: »
    Just got 2 tickets :D

Got two as well. Also in Cork. Have you flights already?

Nope. I live in the UK these days so I'll be getting the train to Edinburgh.

troyzer wrote: »
    Fair point.

The counter argument is that no tickets should be going to the supporters club when so many club members are missing out.

Ultimately, the objective is to keep out the day trip band wagoners who want to Instagram themselves in an Ireland Jersey. Making them pay €50 for the supporters club is hardly an impervious barrier to that sort of audience.

That would be my preference too. I only joined the supporters club out of desperation. As I said in an earlier post more should be done for club members and season ticket holders with the provinces. I believe both Leinster and Munster held ballots for their ST holders but there was nothing for Connacht.

That would be my preference too. I only joined the supporters club out of desperation. As I said in an earlier post more should be done for club members and season ticket holders with the provinces. I believe both Leinster and Munster held ballots for their ST holders but there was nothing for Connacht.

I wouldn't read too much into that ST ballot. My understanding is that Leinster only got a few hundred.

I wouldn't read too much into that ST ballot. My understanding is that Leinster only got a few hundred.

Still better than none. No idea why all four provinces weren’t given a few hundred tickets.

• Advertisement

Still better than none. No idea why all four provinces weren’t given a few hundred tickets.

Connacht may have been given a proportional amount but the blazers pocketed them, used them for competitions or passed them onto the clubs. Who knows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Connacht may have been given a proportional amount but the blazers pocketed them, used them for competitions or passed them onto the clubs. Who knows?

I'd bet on you being correct here

Oh ya I’ve no doubt. Surely if you’re saying we were given a proportional amount though that we would at least be getting 100+. No doubt they will have pocketed plenty but still think there should be some left over. There was a ballot for the November internationals but not a squeak for the 6N.

I’m now resorting to refreshing Ticketmaster every hour or so.

Oh ya I’ve no doubt. Surely if you’re saying we were given a proportional amount though that we would at least be getting 100+. No doubt they will have pocketed plenty but still think there should be some left over. There was a ballot for the November internationals but not a squeak for the 6N.

I’m now resorting to refreshing Ticketmaster every hour or so.

There were three November internationals including a low demand USA game.

It should also be said that I never got an email about a ballot for the AIs as a Leinster ST holder, so you're ahead of me on that one.

Look, everyone wants the ticketing system to be reformed in such a way that gives THEM the maximum chance of getting a ticket.

But the only thing that really matters is that you have a system that excludes as many day fans as possible (which this system does) and one that effectively combats touts. Getting rid of touts is much harder but the IRFU has blacklisted clubs before when their allotment was found being touted online.

Personally, I don't understand why your name isn't on every ticket and a quick ID check at the door combined with an easy resale system. This is what's going to happen at the World Cup, there's no reason why the IRFU can't do it for the 5-7 matches it has every year in Lansdowne.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

100% agree Troyzer, touts are a scourge. Just look at viaggio it’s a disgrace, it would be easy to track down the owners of those tickets and ban them from future purchases.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

pc7 wrote: »
    100% agree Troyzer, touts are a scourge. Just look at viaggio it’s a disgrace, it would be easy to track down the owners of those tickets and ban them from future purchases.

I second this. I accept that there will always be more demand for tickets than there are spaces available. And I can accept that when I don't get tickets for a game that that was just the luck of the draw. However, what does not sit well is seeing tickets in the hands of touts, selling for ridiculous money. People who never had any intention of going to the game and got tickets purely to make financial gains. Something needs to be done about it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Got a Scotland ticket!

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

lbc2019 wrote: »
    Got a Scotland ticket!
    From the Scottish website?

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

lbc2019 wrote: »
    Got a Scotland ticket!

How ? tell me please :)

• Advertisement

Ah sorry to hear that man, not nice. Hopefully you can get your money back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement