Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French author, 50, says he's incapable of loving a woman of 50

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5 Omelette10

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Who's meen?

*Men

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Omelette10 wrote: »
    "There's something about him", even ugly men can have that appeal. So many women find Gordon Ramsay sexy, look at the state if his face, but he's got a sexy personality that arouses a lot of women.

Generally speaking women are attracted to confidence, dominance, charisma, status and social skills. Looks of course matter too, but the former traits have a more powerful affect on women in my opinion.

2rawxp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Omelette10 wrote: »

Look at Conor McGregor for example, he would have no problem attracting beautiful women even if he had no money or fame. He's got the personality that attracts.
    I find him repellent in just about every way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

DS86DS wrote: »
    I am worried that this thread is resulting in a lot of ignored and hungry cats.
    Instead of yet another unfounded insult, just acknowledge what you said was also unfounded, and the other part of it was completely contradictory... and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Zirconia
    Boycott Israeli Goods & Services

I think they were being sarcastic....

• Advertisement

Zirconia wrote: »

I think they were being sarcastic....
    If only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Instead of yet another unfounded insult, just acknowledge what you said was also unfounded, and the other part of it was completely contradictory... and move on.

Hey leave him off, I'm waiting for him to start cracking out the mother-in-law and Paddy Irishman jokes. I'm not sure, I don't want to call it too early, but I think he might be hilarious enough to do it. God I mean, single women and cats, he went there. Broke some new comedy ground. Cats! Women have cats! When they can't get a man, they go and get CATS!!! ****ing breaking myself laughing.

But I thought women didn't like having sex, or will only have sex with really gorgeous men or rich men.

Hey leave him off, I'm waiting for him to start cracking out the mother-in-law and Paddy Irishman jokes. I'm not sure, I don't want to call it too early, but I think he might be hilarious enough to do it. God I mean, single women and cats, he went there. Broke some new comedy ground. Cats! Women have cats! When they can't get a man, they go and get CATS!!! ****ing breaking myself laughing.
    Now now, I love a good MIL joke!

(He already broke out the women driver jokes).

Lovely Tea wrote: »

While I don't not believe you, women say those things about men all the time and end up in bed with them.
    He is a revolting thug.

Does it strain your brain to discover that reality and your perception of it does not correspond?

• Advertisement

But I thought women didn't like having sex, or will only have sex with really gorgeous men or rich men.

No I think we do it if they hoover.

Who says women don't like sex?
    You. One of your posts is "Women don't like sex so their husbands have to beg for it". It's the post you're best known for actually - the choresex post.

Strikingly similar to one or two other contributers to this thread. They could almost be the same person!

He is a revolting thug.

Does it strain your brain to discover that reality and your perception of it does not correspond?

Are being hostile towards me :confused:

Men who are good with women often inspire strong emotions in women, positive and negative ask yourself why you feel so strongly about him :D
    Strongly repelled is the opposite of strongly attracted. I know the difference. I don't need to ask myself anything, Freud.

I love these guys with all the insight into what women want, when they want it, how they want it, how to discern it, when to give it to them, and how to keep them on the hook (until they go stale), but who still manage to climb off their current distraction long enough to re-reg compulsively several times a day - or hour - to share their wisdom. Totally normal behaviour that that is.

It's almost like they only ever get to talk about it.

Strongly repelled is the opposite of strongly attracted. I know the difference. I don't need to ask myself anything, Freud.

I'd say apathy is.
    Do you apply the same logic to a woman saying no forcefully?

Nope, never said that. Women love sex, just not with unattractive men, which is most men :D

You think most men are unattractive to women? That seems unlikely. What percentage would you say? 80?

Say, buddy, do you have some kind of large scale survey from really big company, maybe some kind of dating company that'd appear to back up what you're saying?

This is just a bloody 4chanised version of groundhog day at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,644 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

They say an old one closing down is as good as a young one opening up.

almost as compulsively as you like to post on these threads :D

One thread, one me.

You, many threads, many iterations, many years, much repetition of the same thing. Again and again and again ad infinitium. It's like you've nothing else to live for.

It makes me wonder if you ever actually leave the house.

I think some people take this stuff far too seriously, life should be light and fun. Life is too short too be geting worked up about things like this. That's my two cents anyway.

Yet here you are, churning out several accounts daily.

• Advertisement

You tell him, Bertie.

The rest of us will get on with our lives like nearly every one else on the planet, never giving this stuff a second thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Candie wrote: »
    I love these guys with all the insight into what women want, when they want it, how they want it, how to discern it, when to give it to them, and how to keep them on the hook (until they go stale), but who still manage to climb off their current distraction long enough to re-reg compulsively several times a day - or hour - to share their wisdom. Totally normal behaviour that that is.

It's almost like they only ever get to talk about it.

They don’t seem to have met any real women, true enough. Keeps the stereotypes alive in their heads.

Are you being hostile towards me :confused:

Just shooting the breeze here eb, don' get so worked up.

I'm not in the least bit worked up, sure these threads are just craic when they get to this stage!

Nice to see that when a woman talks to you your automatic response is still just a confused assumption of hostility :eek:

I think I'm probably on your mind too much C

You wish, but you're just a bit of a crackpot with a bee in his bonnet and an uncanny ability to grasp the thorny end of the rose.

Don't be flirting with me C, I'm taken.

That's a lot of horticulture in one sentence :D

I don't buy that you're taken for a second.

I'll cross my fingers for you though, maybe one day if you get a handle on the obsessive behaviour. There is more to life than re-regging all the time.

In fairness I'd say I spend less time posting on boards than you do.

Only because you keep getting banned.

Why do you do it? I'd love to know what you get out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

joe40 wrote: »
    There has literally been pages of posters (women I assume) giving examples of good looking older men. I was getting a wee inferiority complex.

Yeah, in a way surprised by so many celebrities too - cause I didn't remember that from the what do you find attractive thread. But each with their own liking.

I'll stick to Ryan Gosling, more of my age - and besides, it appears I am younger than his current partner :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Strongly disagree, as someone who's also attracted to women.

And is that the point du jour you've decided is the crux of your argument? I can't keep track love.

I'm talking about heterosexual relationships.

But lesbian and gay relationships still point to me being correct.

Lesbian relationships are typically few, enduring, and monogamous.

Gay relationships are typically short lived, promiscuous, frivolous.

Gay men behave how a straight man would, if he was in a world full of willing women.

Lesbians behave how a straight woman would, if she had found a man.

What that means is that as you've probably heard through your life, men are only after one thing.

Women however tend to be broader in their selection criteria.

This is why I say that women aren't typically 'attractive in a different way'.

Which brings us back to the topic of the thread.

The French author is being very masculine in his approach, very superficial.

People ask questions along the lines of 'well does the same standard not apply to him then'.

And the answer is no, it doesn't apply equally. He can be 'attractive in a different way'.

Because women biologically are less focused on looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,323 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

glasso wrote: »
    here's the wan who posted her arse btw. hard to tell if it's a decent one. judicious angle

DwQUnqfX4AEr1FM.jpg

That image could be two fingers of a fat hand for all we know!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,323 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

If women look after themselves properly in thier 20s/30s they have a better chance of looking great in thier 50s.
    But the fact is the vast majority of women are not into fitness/sport so weight gain hits fast then they would become invisible for the likes of that French fella.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Advertisement