Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Irish" tourists dump rubbish on NZ beach, threaten locals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,993 ✭✭✭✭zell12

• Registered Users Posts: 11,762 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

They won't get away with any sh1t over there.

Pity it isn't the same here. We are far too soft on them.

Edit. Nice to see the Mail Online accurately describing them as British gypsies seeing as they are from Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

zell12 wrote: »

They put in more effort to acting the böllix than they would have to in an honest days work.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,310 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

zell12 wrote: »
    It is kind of hilarious to read the comments, people losing their sh#t over them being described as british lol

Gravelly wrote: »
    They put in more effort to acting the böllix than they would have to in an honest days work.

Yeah, but the pay for an honest days work isn't as good as what they get for acting the bollix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

How much would it cost to bring a family of 12 to NZ?

Where did that money come from?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

From the sounds of things, they didn't need any spending money so it would considerably reduce the cost of the trip.

As per my post on the other thread, I wonder if this is the rich grandfather yer man was on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Well the HSE regularly fund cultural events for same including hotels, food etc. Perhaps this came under a similar UK cultural exchange type programme to support ethnic diversity?

https://www.live95fm.ie/news/four-men-charged-after-a-riot-broke-out-at-rathkea/

Interestingly another hotel in the Limerick area had its bar and function area smashed up after a large traveller family were provided by the HSE with 'emergency' accomodation and a free restaurant on NYE. Peculiarly same family turned up dressed to the nines with My Big Fat Gypsey Wedding type outfits and hairdos for the night ....

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/355999/four-men-charged-following-new-year-s-brawl-at-limerick-hotel.html

• Registered Users Posts: 40,317 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

As per my post on the other thread, I wonder if this is the rich grandfather yer man was on about?

the fault of everybody but him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

They don't give an absolute shïte. Listen to John Connors - travellers have absolutely no shame about how they behave, and actually think civilised society is some kind of wimpy cop-out, and that they are the "real men".
    There was a poster on the Margaret Cash thread, presumably a traveller, who said as much as well.
    The see us as a soft touch to be leeched upon, and they are facilitated in this by their taxpayer-funded quangos, the media, and government.

When asked about travellers robbing old people during an interview a few years ago, John Connors mumbled

"sure maybe those old guys didn't need the money"

Preying on people is acceptable to them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

How to describe them is a problem...to the British they are Irish to the Irish they are British. We can't call them Anglo Irish either or the folks in the big old houses will be rightly outraged :D

Maybe a new term like Irish Anglo would solve that issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

https://vimeo.com/53677322

This lot come across as quite 'classy' compared with the bunch in New Zealand ...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,810 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

archer22 wrote: »
    How to describe them is a problem...to the British they are Irish to the Irish they are British. We can't call them Anglo Irish either or the folks in the big old houses will be rightly outraged :D

They are British nationals, of Irish Traveller ethnicity.

Have to laugh at the consul trying to claim that Irish Travellers aren't Irish: https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/109977822/irish-community-being-unfairly-blamed-for-troublemaking-tourist-family

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    When asked about travellers robbing old people during an interview a few years ago, John Connors mumbled

"sure maybe those old guys didn't need the money"

Preying on people is acceptable to them[/quote

PURE VERMIN the lot of them Neanderthals never died out travellers are whats left of the rubbish that survived or inbred

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

And they wonder why there is discrimination against them? Reputation precedes them generally.

But I agree, these are not Irish tourists. The New Zealanders need to call them out as Travellers since that is their ethnicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Surprise,Surprise.
    To be fair, probably about half of the travelling community have the surname "Cash". I remember having a scrap with a knacker called Johnny Cash when I were a lad.

From that link though
    Community Magistrate Ngaire Mascelle took into account Cash's early guilty plea and her night spent in police cells.

"That is a significant penalty itself for a first time offender," Mascelle said.

"First time offender", aw bless :D

seamus wrote: »
    I remember having a scrap with a knacker called Johnny Cash when I were a lad.

Did you walk the line?

seamus wrote: »
    To be fair, probably about half of the travelling community have the surname "Cash". I remember having a scrap with a knacker called Johnny Cash when I were a lad.

From that link though

"First time offender", aw bless :D

First time caught and prosecuted in NZ more likely.

I wouldn't have thought that NZ would have sought to see if she had a criminal record here or in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DColeman

Scouse gypsies?

Their accent must be like nails scraping a chalkboard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ArrBee

Gotta love the way NZ public are having a go at them leaving court. Made me laugh...

Locals can be heard shouting "how's your holiday?" and "you going to pick your rubbish up?" while others asked "when are you going home?"
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz//nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12191293&ref=clavis

• Registered Users Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

"At the same time another woman she was with hid a bottle of Primo milk under her dressing gown while paying for a packet of cigarettes."

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Murty201

"At the same time another woman she was with hid a bottle of Primo milk under her dressing gown while paying for a packet of cigarettes."

But, it's just some milk for the babby!

archer22 wrote: »

Just imagine how confused the journos in NZ are!
    They probably don't even know there is an ethnicity "Irish Traveler"
    They'd just deconstruct that to mean "tourist from Ireland", but with a British passport...? are sure Ireland is part of UK anyway so that explains that!

Seriously, not many would know that NI and ROI are different passports.

Murty201 wrote: »
    But, it's just some milk for the babby!

Still no excuse for going out in ya dressing gown. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Jizique

It even made the German papers (bild zeitung) but they have them as english, which is quite positive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

razorblunt wrote: »
    Introduce them to some of the Maori from Rotorua.
    They'd put some manners on them quite quickly.
    Doubt they would be so quick to act like that if it was the Maoris requesting them to tidy up.
    Meant to say when I read that, there could be a problem there...
    ¨

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/aug/15/regaining-maori-identity-and-keeping-them-out-of-new-zealands-jails
    While those who identify as Māori make up about 15% of the New Zealand population, the corresponding figure behind bars is more than 50%. Among women, for whom there is no Te Tirohanga option, it is higher still, at 60%.

UN voices concern about over-representation of Maori in prisons

The most recent data suggests more than six of every 10 Māori prisoners will be back inside within 48 months. At its core, the rehabilitation-focused approach of Te Tirohanga is an attempt to interrupt the tendency for jails to act as recruitment centres for gangs and incubators for further criminality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

Idbatterim wrote: »
    what do RTE have to say about these knackers? "salt of the earth' ? 'misunderstood' etc? at least over there the politicians call them out for being what they are... scum!
    Why would rte have anything to say about a bunch of English scumbags causing trouble in New Zealand?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭kravmaga

Are they Irish travellers with British passports? Surname of one charged before the courts is CASH?

See link, is it the same crowd, name and shame them.

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/world/rowdy-tourists-irelands-consul-general-slams-racist-stereotyping/ar-BBSjY2A?li=BBr5KbJ&ocid=mailsignout

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

kravmaga wrote: »
    Are they Irish travellers with British passports? Surname of one charged before the courts is CASH?

See link, is it the same crowd, name and shame them.

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/world/rowdy-tourists-irelands-consul-general-slams-racist-stereotyping/ar-BBSjY2A?li=BBr5KbJ&ocid=mailsignout
    Lots of Cash's in the UK too, used to work in Tusla and we were very, very well acquainted with some of them.

Advertisement