Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Renewed - Cancelled - Still under debate - Shows Announced (So Far...)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Batwoman pilot ordered
    https://ew.com/tv/2019/01/03/batwoman-pilot-game-of-thrones/

Seems being an out lesbian is a very important plot point, that they had to mention it. Now wondering why Arrow isn't described as "straight rich guy becomes a vigilante"

It's probably easier to get a pilot ordered, once it's not forced on us it's usually OK, just have it part of the character rather than being the character, bit like Willow in Buffy and the sister in Supergirl

• Registered Users Posts: 85,772 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    ABC is reviving NYPD Blue from Matt Olmstead, Nick Wootton, Jesse Bochco and Dayna Bochco

Kim Delaney, Bill Brochtrup and Alona Tal join

The series is about
    now adult Theo Sipowicz, who is attempting to earn his detective shield and work in the 15th squad while investigating his father Andy’s murder

Source TV Line

Criminal Minds ending with Season 15

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Netflix Announce "Shadow and Bone" Series Based on Popular Novels by Leigh Bardugo

In a world cleaved in two by a massive barrier of perpetual darkness, where unnatural creatures feast on human flesh, a young soldier uncovers a power that might finally unite her country. But as she struggles to hone her power, dangerous forces plot against her. Thugs, thieves, assassins and saints are at war now, and it will take more than magic to survive

• Registered Users Posts: 7,572 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

And Season 15 is to be only 10 episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

A show I have watched through all 14 seasons to date and always liked , but felt since Hotch left it has steadily gone downhill.

I will miss JJ and Reid though .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,387 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

A show I have watched through all 14 seasons to date and always liked , but felt since Hotch left it has steadily gone downhill.

I will miss JJ and Reid though .

Same sentiments, even Reid has barely been part of the show the past few seasons and was never a big fan of Prentiss

Sky 1 has handed out a six episode series order to Code 404, a police comedy, starring Daniel Mays and Stephen Graham which is set in the Special Investigation Unit of London’s Metropolitan Police Service

Source TV Wise

Matthew Rhys has signed on to star as Perry Mason in a prospective limited series at HBO. The project is being exec produced Robert Downey Jr.
    Rhys, who will also serve as a producer on the project, will play Mason at a time in his life when he is living check-to-check as a low-rent private investigator. He also finds himself haunted by his wartime experiences in France and is suffering the effects of a broken marriage

https://tvline.com/2019/01/14/matthew-rhys-perry-mason-hbo-limited-series-cast/

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

The Magicians renewed for a fifth season just before the fourth season premiere this Wednesday

https://tvline.com/2019/01/22/the-magicians-renewed-season-5-syfy/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Haven't watched it yet... any good? Worth watching now we know it's cancelled?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,481 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Suits renewed for a 9th and final season.

I couldn't get into it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

CW have ordered some shows to pilot

Jane the Novela, which is a spinoff of Jane the Virgin will be a telenovela-inspired anthology based on Jane Villanueva’s fictional novels, with Jane star Gina Rodriguez narrating the episodes. Each season will be adapted from a different book; the first installment “takes place at a Napa Valley vineyard, where family secrets (and family members) don’t stay buried for long,”

Based on the Archie Comics character, Katy Keene is a musical dramedy that follows the titular fashionista and her friends to New York City, where they strive “to make it on Broadway, on the runway and in the recording studio,” per the network. Riverdale showrunner Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa will pen the pilot with fellow Riverdale writer Michael Grassi, and serve as an executive producer.

The Lost Boys, an adaptation of the ’80s teen vampire movie, where the sunny California town of Santa Carla is home to “a secret underworld of vampires,” per the official description. “After the sudden death of their father, two brothers move to Santa Carla with their mother, who hopes to start anew in the town where she grew up. But the brothers find themselves drawn deeper and deeper into the seductive world of Santa Carla’s eternally beautiful and youthful undead.” Scandal writer Heather Mitchell will pen the pilot, with Rob Thomas (iZombie, Veronica Mars) serving as an EP.

An untitled Nancy Drew series, based on the teen detective books. “Set in the summer after her high school graduation, 18-year-old Nancy Drew thought she’d be leaving her hometown for college,” per the official description. “But when a family tragedy holds her back another year, she finds herself embroiled in a ghostly murder investigation — and along the way, uncovers secrets that run deeper than she ever imagined.” The Magicians writer Noga Landau will pen the pilot script along with Gossip Girl and The O.C. veterans Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

RE: The First
    I couldn't get into it
    It was trying to be artistic. (I think that's how you would describe it)
    I'm thinking about the episode with the cricket.

But it just made it slow and a little moody. I did stick with it and I guess I would have liked to have seen a second season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,481 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I’ve been enjoying FBI.

Surprised Magnum got renewed, terrible reviews but I'm actually liking it and I'm old enough to remember the original (and actually like the new Higgins)

USA Network has given a series order to Dare Me, a drama based on the novel by Megan Abbott, exploring teen angst, jealousy, loyalty and the dynamics of power in a small Midwestern town - Source Deadline

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Stan vs Evil cancelled.

CBS has renewed God Friended Me - Source TV

CBS All Access orders a 10-episode limited series adaptation of Stephen King’s bestselling novel The Stand

https://tvline.com/2019/01/30/the-stand-cbs-all-access-limited-series-stephen-king/

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

'F is For Family' renewed for a fourth season.

CBS All Access orders a 10-episode limited series adaptation of Stephen King’s bestselling novel The Stand

https://tvline.com/2019/01/30/the-stand-cbs-all-access-limited-series-stephen-king/

What was wrong with the previous mini-series, was a labourious read in the first place, hope its not gonna be another The Mist (would be hard)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,302 ✭✭✭corkie

The Good Fight’ Sets Season 3 Premiere Date On CBS All Access – TCA

CBS All Access has set Thursday, March 14, for the Season 3 premiere of its drama series The Good Fight. The subscription SVOD and live streaming service announced the date during The Good Fight TCA panel Wednesday with series co-creators and executive producers Robert and Michelle King and cast members Christine Baranski, Audra McDonald and Michael Sheen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,333 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

corkie wrote: »

Ohhh now you are talking! Cannot wait last season was a cracker!

Advertisement