Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Renewed - Cancelled - Still under debate - Shows Announced (So Far...)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,214 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

BandMember wrote: »
    You beat me to it - was just going to say that! I never watched Lost and know nothing about it but am watching Manifest which is decent enough, although I've no idea where the storyline of the series is going.....

The difference between Manifest and Lost is that the viewers of Manifest have no idea where it is going but for Lost both the viewers AND writers had no idea where it was going.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users Posts: 60,376 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Simpsons Renewed Through Season 32
    This calls for a celebratory drink at Moe’s: Fox on Wednesday renewed The Simpsons for two more seasons — through Season 32. The renewal will bring Homer & Co. to an unprecedented 713 episodes.

https://tvline.com/2019/02/06/the-simpsons-renewed-season-31-32-fox/

• Registered Users Posts: 85,410 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Did I read correctly somewhere that they're planning on rebooting Gossip Girl for some reason?

XOXO you are correct, in talks

https://tvline.com/2019/01/31/gossip-girl-reboot-the-cw-development/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,229 ✭✭✭corkie

Proof that 'The Simpsons' could live forever

Got there before me, here is another link?

'Simpsons' scores two-season renewal from Fox and could out live us all

Other news: -

The Big Bang Theory’s Jim Parsons lands new Netflix gig as CBS officially kick off countdown to final episode

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2019/02/06/big-bang-theorys-jim-parsons-lands-new-netflix-gig-cbs-officially-kick-off-countdown-final-episode-8460389/?ito=cbshare
    But Jim Parsons is moving on – moving onto Netflix where he’ll produce a new series based on a memoir by Will & Grace screenwriter, Ryan O’Connell, titled Specials.

Coming in April!

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Advertisement

Bergerac

‘Bergerac’: Reboot Of Classic British Cop Drama In Works At Paramount Network International
    A reboot of classic British police procedural Bergerac is being developed by Paramount Network International – marking the latter’s first international drama project to emerge since its global expansion.

The series previously starred John Nettles, later known for his role in Midsomer Murders, as a detective on the small island of Jersey. It ran for nine seasons and 87 episodes on the BBC between 1981 and 1991 and was created by Robert Banks Stewart.

Endemol Shine-backed production company Artists Studios is developing the reboot with Westward Studios. It is the latest attempt to bring back the classic character – the BBC had previously attempted to remake the series with Artists Studios back in 2013. Artists Studios’ Gub Neal, who has produced series such as Prime Suspect and The Fall, is lead producer.

The move comes as Viacom ramps up the international rollout of Paramount Network International, under the leadership of EVP Jill Offman.

Offman said, “We have several exciting dramas in development, one of which is the classic favourite Bergerac. Our hope is that we will be able to commission Bergerac as a full series for Paramount Network International.”

Gub Neal, Executive Producer, Artists Studios added, “We’ve been trying to bring back Bergerac for some time and I’m very glad that we have the next generation of such an iconic show in development. Updated for the present day, it will deal with contemporary stories-of-the-week that run alongside a strong serial spine.”

https://deadline.com/2019/02/paramount-bergerac-1202551785/

FBI: Most Wanted

A spin off from this seasons FBI

Julian McMahon To Star In CBS’ ‘FBI: Most Wanted’ Spinoff From Dick Wolf
    Julian McMahon (Marvel’s Runaways) is set as the lead in FBI: Most Wanted, the planned spinoff of Dick Wolf’s freshman CBS drama series FBI. McMahon will star in the backdoor pilot for FBI: Most Wanted, which will air as an episode of FBI in the spring. The spinoff has a series commitment, making an episodic pickup for next season likely.

https://deadline.com/2019/02/julian-mcmahon-star-fbi-most-wanted-spinoff-dick-wolf-cbs-backdoor-pilot-1202552323/

Creepshow

‘Creepshow’, Shudder’s First Long-Form Original
    The inaugural six-episode season of Creepshow from The Walking Dead executive producer/director Greg Nicotero will feature an adaptation of a Stephen King story, as well as segments from other acclaimed horror writers.

The AMC Networks’ premium streaming service for thriller, suspense and horror has started production in Atlanta, Ga. on the segments, which is its first long-form original TV series. The horror series is based on the 1982 anthology film written by Stephen King and directed by George A. Romero.

The series will premiere later this year. The announced segments and writers:

“Silvery Waters of Lake Champlain” by Joe Hill (NOS4A2)
    “House of the Head” by Josh Malerman (Bird Box)
    “The Companion” by Joe Lansdale (The Bottoms)
    “The Man in the Suitcase” by Christopher Buehlman (The Lesser Dead)
    “All Hallows Eve” by Bruce Jones (The Hitchhiker)
    “Night of the Paw” by John Esposito (The Walking Dead: Webisodes)
    “Bad Wolf Down” by Rob Schrab (Monster House)

“Having the opportunity to embrace the spirit of Creepshow and expand on what George and Steve created is, without a doubt, a lifelong dream come true,” said Nicotero. “Having grown up in Pittsburgh, Creepshow lives in a special place for me. I had the good fortune to visit the set as a teenager. I was able to look behind the curtain of filmmaking, and it changed me forever. I’m honored to continue telling the stories in the ‘comic book come to life’ world that fans fell in love with. This fall we will be ‘opening the coffin’ and unleashing upon the world our demented and ghastly stories, crafted by the best in business.”

In addition to his EP duties, Nicotero will direct some of the series. Other installments will be helmed by David Bruckner, director of the horror film The Ritual; Roxanne Benjamin, director of segments of Southbound and XX; and Rob Schrab, whose numerous TV directing credits include Ghosted and Community.

John Harrison, who was the first assistant director for George Romero on the original Creepshow movie (and who also composed the film’s theme), will be directing a story he co-wrote with Nicotero.

Nicotero’s Oscar and multiple Emmy award-winning company, KNB EFX GROUP Inc., will be handling Creepshow’s creature and make-up effects.

“We’re thrilled to have Greg Nicotero on board to transform Creepshow into a series, featuring stories by giants in the horror field like Stephen King and Joe Hill, as well as a fantastic lineup of writers, directors and special effects wizards,” said Shudder GM Craig Engler. “This a dream series for fans of the original movies and for anyone who wants to experience ‘the most fun you can have being scared.’”

The DNA of the original movie is firmly embedded in the new series: in addition to King and Harrison’s return to the franchise, fans will recall that Joe Hill, King’s son, played comic-book-loving “Billy” in the 1982 film’s wrap-around segments. Nicotero also provided make-up effects on the 1987 follow-up, Creepshow 2, among his earliest screen credits.

Additional stories and directors, as well as key casting, will be announced later this year.

https://deadline.com/2019/02/creepshow-shudders-first-long-form-original-sets-stories-from-sci-fi-masters-tca-1202553546/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭sioda

Into the badlands to end after the last 8 episodes. Shame great show.
    https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/into-the-badlands-final-season-the-son-amc-1203134238/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,919 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

sioda wrote: »
    Into the badlands to end after the last 8 episodes. Shame great show.
    https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/into-the-badlands-final-season-the-son-amc-1203134238/

Yeah hopefully they knew it was ending and these eight episodes at least finish all plot lines. If not maybe Amazon could pick it up if it gets enough support seeing as it airs on Prime here.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 17,312 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Wow, only a few episodes in and already renewed and TBH kinda boring - it aint X-Files

Counterpart has been cancelled by Starz but is being shopped to other networks. Season 2 finale airs this weekend.

https://tvline.com/2019/02/11/counterpart-cancelled-starz-no-season-3/

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Counterpart has been cancelled by Starz but is being shopped to other networks. Season 2 finale airs this weekend.

https://tvline.com/2019/02/11/counterpart-cancelled-starz-no-season-3/
    Just started season two so wondering if it'll end neatly.

Breaking bad movie to pick up directly from the final episode of last season , coming to netflix

https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/02/breaking-bad-movie-netflix/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I really enjoyed series 1 of that, great that there'll be 2 more to look forward to

The Outsider

‘The Outsider’: Andrew Bernstein To Direct HBO Drama Series Based On Stephen King Novel

EXCLUSIVE: Andrew Bernstein (Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan) has been tapped to direct several episodes and serve as executive producer on HBO’s supernatural drama series The Outsider, based on Stephen King’s bestselling novel, with Ben Mendelsohn set to star and produce. The project hails from The Night Of co-creator/executive producer Richard Price, director-producer Jack Bender (Mr. Mercedes) Jason Bateman’s Aggregate Films, Temple Hill Entertainment and MRC.

In The Outsider, written by Price, a seemingly straightforward investigation into the gruesome murder of a local boy leads a seasoned cop and an unorthodox investigator to question everything they believe to be real, as an insidious supernatural force edges its way into the case. The book was published in May by Charles Scribners and Sons.

Price executive produces with Bernstein, Bateman, who directs the first two episodes, and Michael Costigan via Aggregate Films, Marty Bowen for Temple Hill Entertainment, and Bender. MRC is the studio on the project, which is being produced by Bateman’s Aggregate Films and Temple Hill Entertainment.

Bernstein’s credits include Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, The Umbrella Academy, Mad Men and Castle Rock, and he was nominated for a Primetime Emmy in 2017 for Fear The Walking Dead: Passage.

https://deadline.com/2019/02/the-outsider-andrew-bernstein-direct-hbo-drama-series-stephen-king-novel-1202558478/

Punisher and Jessica Jones cancelled by netflix , I think that's the lot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

peteeeed wrote: »

I don’t think anything was said about The Defenders... actually, the less said about that one, the better. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Stone Gossard

I don’t think anything was said about The Defenders... actually, the less said about that one, the better. :pac:

They actually came out and said they wouldn't be making a second season...that was well before the cancellations had started

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

peteeeed wrote: »

We all knew it was coming but it's a damn shame, Punisher was a different league than the other Marvel shows in my opinion.

Not too bad though in the sense that at least S1 + S2 are pretty much wrapped up well enough, no cliffhangers or sense of unfulfillment really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Stone Gossard

We all knew it was coming but it's a damn shame, Punisher was a different league than the other Marvel shows in my opinion.

Not too bad though in the sense that at least S1 + S2 are pretty much wrapped up well enough, no cliffhangers or sense of unfulfillment really.

I think the finally episode of Punisher was slightly cobbled together to give it a neat ending....the pilgrim story was supposed to run into next season some were suggesting

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

mshckd.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Yeah different ****ty league indeed. Jessica Jones and Daredevil were good shows, but the others were all fairly poor.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

So DC are doing a decent job with their TV shows but not great on movies and Marvel are doing great on movies and not on TV, is Agents the only Marvel show left now?

I'd like to see all the Marvel shows rebooted in their own universe, trying to keep them inline with the movies was a disaster imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Clareman wrote: »
    So DC are doing a decent job with their TV shows but not great on movies and Marvel are doing great on movies and not on TV, is Agents the only Marvel show left now?

I'd like to see all the Marvel shows rebooted in their own universe, trying to keep them inline with the movies was a disaster imo.

The Marvel TV shows like AoS and the Netflix ones aren't made by Marvel studios though hence they're not as connected as they once were. There was a falling out. The new shows however will be made by Marvel Studios for the streaming service which is why they can use characters from the movies. DC/WB aren't even pretending that their shows and movies are in the same universe. Isn't there something like 5 different Alfreds now?

Clareman wrote: »

There are The Runaways on Hulu and Cloak and Dagger on Freeform. Cloak and Dagger is back next month and is linked to Netflix shows as Misty Knight was mentioned . The Runaways aired its second season in December.

• Advertisement

The North Water

Colin Farrell To Star In See-Saw Films’ Arctic Whaling Drama ‘The North Water’ For BBC
    EXCLUSIVE: Colin Farrell is to star in the BBC’s adaptation of The North Water. Deadline understands that the Minority Report star will front the series, written and directed by Lean on Pete and 45 Years’ Andrew Haigh, and produced by Top of the Lake producer See-Saw Films.

Farrell plays Henry Drax in the drama, a harpooner and brutish killer whose amorality has been shaped to fit the harshness of his world, who will set sail on a whaling expedition to the Arctic with Patrick Sumner, a disgraced ex-army surgeon who signs up as the ship’s doctor. Hoping to escape the horrors of his past, Sumner finds himself on an ill-fated journey with a murderous psychopath. In search of redemption, his story becomes a harsh struggle for survival in the Arctic wasteland.

Deadline understands that the BBC is in talks with a number of A-list actors for the role of Sumner and a deal is thought to be close.

It is Farrell’s return to British television and the BBC after he broke out in Ballykissangel. It is his most high-profile TV gig since starring in the second season of True Detective. He recently starred in Guy Ritche’s Toff Guys and is set to star in War Pigs, a Millennium Films action film that Tommy Wirkola will direct.

The series, which is being produced as three hour-long episodes and a 90-minute finale, is set in Hull and the ice floes of the Arctic in the late 1850s. It is an adaptation of Ian McGuire’s Man Booker Prize-longlisted novel. It is exec produced by Jamie Laurenson, Hakan Kousetta, Iain Canning, Emile Sherman and BBC’s Lucy Richer. It is a co-production with Rhombus Media, whose Niv Fichman will also exec produce. It was commissioned by Piers Wenger, Controller of BBC Drama, and Patrick Holland, Controller of BBC Two. Filming will begin this fall.

Farrell is repped by CAA and managed by Ilene Feldman. BBC Studios sells internationally.

Andrew Haigh said, “Casting the right leads is the most important part of any project and I’m thrilled to have Colin Farrell on board. I am a huge admirer of his work and can’t wait to see him bring Drax vividly to life.”

BBC’s Wenger added, “Colin Farrell will bring a blend of brutality and humanity to Andrew Haigh’s superb adaptation of this savage novel. The North Water is a brooding and resonant story which is set to grip BBC Two viewers.”

https://deadline.com/2019/02/colin-farrell-north-water-bbc-1202541578/

Advertisement