Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body Found

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

cullieh wrote: »
    'Nothing to consider foul play' in Wexford body find - From the Journal.ie

https://www.thejournal.ie/wexford-body-woman-4430015-Jan2019/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Media reports very varied. Wonder was it a sleeping bag that she was sleeping rough in. Either way, a very sad way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,875 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Well the reports from the backpack say the lady was Italian. Who knows.

Anyway may she rip.

Seems to me that if it is the Italian lady in question, seems like she was a free spirit.

May have been a car accident, where the driver didn't know, or she just had an illness and died.

Anyway it doesn't seem to be any of the missing women that we know about from reports going back years.

So that stops that speculation anyway.

Not to be awful, but there I was thinking rural people know the movements and the lives of everyone around them, but they never tell you about themselves.

Glad she was found eventually, and may she rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,027 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

They say she could have been there for up to a year, which ties in with the bad snow last March. The drifts up there were huge. Logical to think she could have gotten into difficulty and gone un-noticed initially during that spell, and if the gripe in the ditch was deep enough, could easily remain undetected as long as she did.

RIP though. Lonely way to go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Wheres Me Jumper?

They say she could have been there for up to a year, which ties in with the bad snow last March. The drifts up there were huge. Logical to think she could have gotten into difficulty and gone un-noticed initially during that spell, and if the gripe in the ditch was deep enough, could easily remain undetected as long as she did.

RIP though. Lonely way to go.

i imagine foxes, rats and other vermin would have got to her fairly quickly. possibly before she had even passed.

Not referring to this incident,

But there have been a lot of deaths of women due to various methods of killing of late.

And another in Ardee today. Awful stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Seems like a reasonable hypothesis. The temperatures dropped relatively quickly and the snow caught a lot of people by surprise; unless you were paying close attention to weather charts you probably wouldn't have seen it. It went from daytime temps of 4 degrees to -2 degrees inside of 24 hours. If you were sleeping outside in a remote area and on foot, you'd be in real trouble.

She could very easily have died of hypothermia before the heavy snow even hit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

So sad and condolences to the family whoever it happens to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Such as???????? Cryptic rubbish????
    Don't apply for Master Mind :-))))))))

Why do you think this case is such high profile? There's no foul play suspected.

And why are you so happy about it.
    Very odd behaviour from the OP.

• Advertisement

Not referring to this incident,

But there have been a lot of deaths of women due to various methods of killing of late.

And another in Ardee today. Awful stuff.

people die and/or are killed every day of the week.

Many women are killed though by a partner/husband. It is fkn rampant. Awful stuff.

Many women are killed though by a partner/husband. It is fkn rampant. Awful stuff.

it's not rampant.
    don't be silly.

it's not rampant.
    don't be silly.

Show me the women who have been indicted for murder of their partner/husband so.

I am not so naive to think it doesn't happen but I doubt it is the norm. Statistically speaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Happy4all wrote: »
    Media reports very varied. Wonder was it a sleeping bag that she was sleeping rough in. Either way, a very sad way to go.

Indeed. They all want to be first to be right, so keep spouting ****e in the hope they get the story correct:rolleyes:

Trash media without any concern for next of kin

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

i imagine foxes, rats and other vermin would have got to her fairly quickly. possibly before she had even passed.

Any need for that?

RIP to the poor woman.

Show me the women who have been indicted for murder of their partner/husband so.

I am not so naive to think it doesn't happen but I doubt it is the norm. Statistically speaking.

Scissors sisters/the white witch or whatever you call her (nevin)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,497 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Looks like its the missing Italian woman alright. RTENews.

Looks like its the missing Italian woman alright.

Never even heard of an Italian woman going missing, mind you so many go missing in Ireland

vicwatson wrote: »

Looking for comparative statistics in general. That's all.

• Advertisement

Looking for comparative statistics in general. That's all.

O.
    K.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Wonder was this a Roma woman?

I recall seeing a Roma woman, plodding the roads in the Ferns/Bunclody/Gorey rural area for a good number of months a while ago, who I always wondered about, why was she always alone/where she was coming from or going to etc.

I assume she was Roma - dressed like one anyway.

Rip whoever it was. Sounds like a lonely way to pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭dense

About 70 homicides in 2017.

https://www.irishtimes.com/polopoly_fs/1.3443116!/image/image.png_gen/derivatives/landscape_620/image.png

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Robocop Corcoran

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Cockadoodledoo

vicwatson wrote: »

The black widow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭dense

He said die and/or be killed.

He was right. People do die every day of the week here. About 30,000 a year.

anyway in relation to the Co. Louth incident it looks like a mother/son dispute which got out of hand.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/son-held-after-woman-57-is-killed-with-axe-in-hallway-of-her-home-37694486.html

• Registered Users Posts: 51,497 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Very very sad case. RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I'm not sure how that would demonstrate that the murdering of women by their partners is rampant.

At best it can demonstrate that men kill their female partners more often than the other way around but it doesn't show that men killing their partners is rampant unless you change the definition of rampant to "a rare event that's more common than an even rarer event".

Advertisement