Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body Found

Options

Comments

Such as......? What's with this cryptic rubbish?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Such as......? What's with this cryptic rubbish?

Such as???????? Cryptic rubbish????
    Don't apply for Master Mind :-))))))))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Which high profile person do you have in mind?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

One of the high profile missing women cases from the late 90's is from Wexford. I've a feeling this is more recent. Can't imagine a body lying in a ditch for twenty years by the side of the road without being discovered earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Very saddened to hear that. My thoughts are with the family

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Badly decomposed, would it not be fully decomposed after 20 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Skeletal remains.

Whoever the unfortunate is, RIP.
    Let's hope this discovery can bring some tormented family a bit of peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭victor8600

....Can't imagine a body lying in a ditch for twenty years by the side of the road without being discovered earlier.

Most probably this is a hit and run victim. A driver of a heavy car / truck moving at 80 km/h in the dark may not even notice that the car struck a person, while the said person may be knocked unconscious or dead into the ditch.

There was a recent case where an SUV driver struck a farmer who was walking on the side of a road wearing dark clothes. The unfortunate farmer was propelled several meters into the field outside the road. The driver noticed the impact but not the person his car struck. Only because the driver stopped and phoned the Garda the body was found.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

May not have been on the roadside. Didn't see a mention of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Every time skeletal remains are found people jump to conclusions that it's one of the missing women

It must be horrible for the family of a missing person hearing this news and waiting for further info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Wasn’t there an auld lad in his 80s who went missing in Wexford last year?
    I didn’t hear if he was ever found!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I stopped the car when I heard it on the radio today.

I have to say I thought of one Wexford woman immediately.

Now confirmed to be a woman and a backpack was found nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Probably there since the summer and became apparent when the undergrowth died back.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

Didnt Tina Satchwell's husband go to Wexford on the day she went missing???

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭zoe 3619

Might be best not to speculate and make suggestions.
    Just in case there are families out there wondering if she's theirs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

Very sad, but hopefully it will bring closure to a family.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

macnug wrote: »
    Didnt Tina Satchwell's husband go to Wexford on the day she went missing???

No, Dungarvan.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,761 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I
    kneemos wrote: »
    Probably there since the summer and became apparent when the undergrowth died back.

Found by a dog walker, probably caught the attention of the dog, otherwise it might never have been recovered.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,027 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

It's eerie enough. The body was found literally across the road from the GF's granny's home. And either on land owned by her uncle, or adjacent to it.

Without delving into amateur forensics, but I have often taken that road as a shortcut to her house, and it always struck me as remote, dark and quiet, particularly late at night. When I hear now that it was a female carrying a backpack, it seems sinister. There's even a reservoir further up the road to add to that sort of theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kurumba

It's eerie enough. The body was found literally across the road from the GF's granny's home. And either on land owned by her uncle, or adjacent to it.

Without delving into amateur forensics, but I have often taken that road as a shortcut to her house, and it always struck me as remote, dark and quiet, particularly late at night. When I hear now that it was a female carrying a backpack, it seems sinister. There's even a reservoir further up the road to add to that sort of theory.

Who’s the GF, what does that stand for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Robocop Corcoran

Kurumba wrote: »

Gaylord Focker

• Registered Users Posts: 10,914 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Kurumba wrote: »

Girlfriend?

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭paulbok

Garda forensics

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭xalot

The Irish Times are reporting a CV was found with the body and is believed to be an Italian woman in her 50s living a nomadic lifestyle. She was last heard from in 2017. No one reported her missing though many had expressed concerns about her lifestyle.

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's rare enough for such remains to be a murder; murders don't tend to just dump bodies in the open. Usually it's someone who has died accidentally and a long time ago. 2017 is unusually recent.

The Gardai said they were confident of IDing the body today, which would seem to confirm xalot's post that identifying documents were found with her. It would take 12 hours to confirm her ID with the Italian authorities.

RIP, I hope she didn't come to a violent end.

Such as???????? Cryptic rubbish????
    Don't apply for Master Mind :-))))))))

I wouldn't be too quick to fill out d'auld application form there yourself now, seeing as you appear to have serious issues skirting around what it is you actually want to say.

"Which US President was implicated in a scandal with an intern by the name of Monica Lewinski?"
    "Ah now, I've a feeling that this fella is certainly a high profile guy, the sort of fella that everyone would be familiar with if you know what I mean *nudge* *wink*...."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

eviltwin wrote: »
    Every time skeletal remains are found people jump to conclusions that it's one of the missing women

It must be horrible for the family of a missing person hearing this news and waiting for further info.

Imagine,,,when a woman's body is found people start jumping to the conclusion that it's 'one if the missing women' .. imagine imagine.. ohhhhh the human mind is so complex lmao

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Wheres Me Jumper?

Which high profile person do you have in mind?

Lord Lucan perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

xalot wrote: »
    The Irish Times are reporting a CV was found with the body and is believed to be an Italian woman in her 50s living a nomadic lifestyle. She was last heard from in 2017. No one reported her missing though many had expressed concerns about her lifestyle.

RIP.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.breakingnews.ie/ireland/update-remains-found-in-wexford-were-in-bag-seen-in-ditch-around-christmas-eve-896231.html

If this is true it’s strange because bag was only seen around Christmas Eve ....so body was somewhere else for two years at least ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

Lord Lucan perhaps?

I was thinking Shergar

Advertisement