Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

They've killed the legacy skin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

the reason I use boards.ie at all is that I'm change averse

REVcMLO.png

RIP you beauiful green bástard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,937 ✭✭✭OldRio

This. Is. Bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

What happens if I click Responsive Site?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Don't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,240 ✭✭✭✭endacl

It’s like dividing by zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

You will be immediatly looking where to click 'Legacy Site'.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Hitler literally returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

It's like being kicked in the face by a 10 year old who is wearing a Facebook t-shirt and shouting at you in an American accent, all whilst the snapchat the entire event.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Hitler literally returns.

49CB8452FF5DB86C6281B7873131615C7CB2D17E

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I'm using the old legacy blue/navy and white that has been linked to already. Only way a forum should look imo :D

That responsive new skin that was released a couple of years ago was a complete travesty (apologies to whoever coded it if you read this), first thing I did was switch back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

swoofer wrote: »
    Has anyone actually explained why we need to use this new skin format?

I'd assume after all this upheaval, that under it all they may have found a glaringly big security flaw with the older skin sets and with that to keep a set of forum skins up to date with patching might be to be a bad use of resources (limited from what we are told) for the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,731 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Legacy site with dark skin here. Gives it a dark grey/yellow text look which suits me fine especially at night. Been using it for ages. Be nice if they fixed the "temporary" forum menu though.

Can't stand the "responsive" site either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Also can't remember exact location, but there are add-ons you can get for browsers where you can adjust the color scheme to suit yourself.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

REVcMLO.png

THAT'S what people are lamenting the passing of!?

I think I maybe used it in the pre hack days but its just as good/crap as what we have now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

THAT'S what people are lamenting the passing of!?

I think I maybe used it in the pre hack days but its just as good/crap as what we have now

Originality sir - like an old mark 3 cortina

• Registered Users Posts: 17,740 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Been using Dark mode for years, best and only option imo

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I just tried the responsive site again, as I realised after your post that I hadn't tried it in a while.

Jaysus, the thing should be nuked. Whoever signed off on the design of the responsive site needs to move into a different career.
    TBH I'd not blame the coders PM, more the management. A fish rots from the head. The usual thing of change for change's sake. To make it appear like management is doing something. Same with the reduction of the entire discussion part of the site to two(more like one) dropdown menus, with the resultant die off of many forums.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Where is the change skin option? I followed the link in one of the first posts but there is no skin options in “edit options” that I can see.

I’ve always used the blue version of the site below even on mobile I can’t stand any other way of using boards!!!!!!!
    REVcMLO.png

The dark skin just makes it way too obvious it's a forum you're on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Where's the option for responsive site? I'm curious now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

m.boards.ie for life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

As if January wasnt difficult enough.

Now I cant find anything, the site LOOKS terrible.

So much white space. So many extra mouse clicks.

So bleedin obvious youre on boards.ie.

Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Ahorseofaman

Horrible Shyte ...I want my “Cloud” skin back..can’t find it anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

On this new skin I’ve been kicked over to, what do you think is the first tab? “Talk to”....it’s a commercial decision to abandon the old skin. Lead the sheep to the pen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Didn't mention the coders. I presume whoever signed off on the design was part of the management team aka the top brass, the bigwigs, head honchos etc etc
    Wibbs wrote: »
    TBH I'd not blame the coders PM, more the management. A fish rots from the head. The usual thing of change for change's sake. To make it appear like management is doing something. Same with the reduction of the entire discussion part of the site to two(more like one) dropdown menus, with the resultant die off of many forums.

Just remember 4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Hey guys, there is a thread open in Help Desk about this change but I might as well update you here as well seeing as you are talking about it.

1. Anyone who was on the White forum skin or Boards.ie Beta forum skin should have remained on those skins. Something seems to have gone awry so we're looking into getting that back for people asap.

2. The 'Edit Option' to change skins was removed purposely this morning while we were making this change. Once we have found the issue with the above skins, I can reinstate the choices (now a much shorter list) so you can find a skin that suits you (White, Boards.ie Beta or forum default).

3. To lessen the amount of blank or unused space on the page you can switch on 'Full width' and 'Cosy mode' in the Appearance Settings here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/profile.php?do=appearancesettings

4. As mentioned by Ste- already (thank you) you can disable the Sticky header in the Appearance Settings as well.

5. Slightly off-topic but it needs to be said - the responsive site as it stands now will never be forced upon anyone.

If you have any more questions, feel free to post them in the Help Desk thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I don't like it.

Am I even posting in this thread?

Halp.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Is the simpsons skin still working?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Mine seems to have gone back to normal again.

Advertisement