Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

They've killed the legacy skin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
  • 07-01-2019 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭

What the hell is all this white space?!

Is anyone else using the old school platform now staring on in horror or do I need to log off and on again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Thought I was the only one. I want it back and I want it back now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,314 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

This was flagged for some time now.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

• Registered Users Posts: 20,242 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

not a fan of the newer type skin. changed to the dark one. seems a bit better

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

What the hell is all this white space?!

Is anyone else using the old school platform now staring on in horror or do I need to log off and on again?

Is this like the 'Legacy Site'? Its the only one I have ever used (on lap/desk top).

'Responsive Site' am sorry to say, is a right heachace to use, and 'touch' I only use on my mobile phone.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

kind of makes it hard to disguise browsing at work when there's a massive BOARDS.IE on screen all the time now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Both the existing skins are appalling - the sort of thing a blind person would come up with. Have to laugh at "cosy mode" I've got that on by default so I dread to imagine what non-comfy looks like.

Also how do I generate new posts without going back to the front page?

and I cannot kill the ads to the same level as before - aha. Now it all makes sense ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

Not a fan of change. Finding it too much effort to navigate. Sadly I think this might be the final push for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Uggggh make it stop!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    kind of makes it hard to disguise browsing at work when there's a massive BOARDS.IE on screen all the time now.

You can turn off sticky header in the options.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

This was flagged for some time now.

That doesn't make it better though...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

What does it look like for you?

I still have the same legacy format that I've viewed for a long while now.

https://imgur.com/a/MxqUs24

Is it different to that? I can't stand the new format, so really hope we're not being pushed towards that.

Nope it's that one, its been around for years but quite a few of us stuck with what I think was the "second gen" skin - which had loads of colour schemes and a much better management of space - as an example the quick reply window is twice the size and surrounded by a big needless border, so more scrolling on this skin. If there is another more recent one I've not seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Another nail in the coffin for boards, not long to go now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,622 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I hate this :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

Nope it's that one, its been around for years but quite a few of us stuck with what I think was the "second gen" skin - which had loads of colour schemes and a much better management of space - as an example the quick reply window is twice the size and surrounded by a big needless border, so more scrolling on this skin. If there is another more recent one I've not seen it.
    Same here. I was on the Green skin until this morning. Not a fan of all this extra space.

Knex. wrote: »

Is it different to that? I can't stand the new format, so really hope we're not being pushed towards that.

Thats the one I am using, using for as long as I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭swoofer

Has anyone actually explained why we need to use this new skin format?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,722 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

This is what I have too.
    The new "responsive" site I tried a couple of times but it is crap so I will stick to what works.

If it goes then so would a lot of users.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

All that extra space are ads you are blocking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,622 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

That's the skin I was using for years. I can't get it back :(

This new one is what's on my screen now, without the tabs like yours.

https://i.imgur.com/Em3MQ29.jpg

2PWQR.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Ah, I would say this one is not the worst. I've vague memories of moving to it a few years back and it taking a small adjustment, but it still beats the responsive site.

If that is ever forced upon us, I'm gone.

uBlock origin is the adblocker that I use, in case anyone is struggling with the adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Ah, I would say its this one is not the worst. I've vague memories of moving to it a few years back and it taking a small adjustment, but it still beats the responsive site.

Responsive site needs destroying for ever. I'd love to know the take up of that, also, wondering out loud, how many new users it has put off.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Responsive site needs destroying for ever. I'd love to know the take up of that, also, wondering out loud, how many new users it has put off.

Was delighted to discover the 'Legacy Site' tab, when when the responsive site went live.

That's newer. The old old legacy ones had a load of different colour options.

wyrn wrote: »
    Same here. I was on the Green skin until this morning. Not a fan of all this extra space.

Same. I've been using green for thirteen years. I despise what's available now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I just tried the responsive site again, as I realised after your post that I hadn't tried it in a while.

Jaysus, the thing should be nuked. Whoever signed off on the design of the responsive site needs to move into a different career.

Back to the legacy site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

It seems to be working fine for me: dark legacy skin, no changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,420 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Ah, I would say its this one is not the worst. I've vague memories of moving to it a few years back and it taking a small adjustment, but it still beats the responsive site.

Why all the bloody colours? It's like a child's toy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

I’m on mobile, can someone put up a picture so I can be outraged?

Advertisement