Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Louis CK

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

And people are perfectly within their rights to like and pay to see him.

No one can demand that he disappear and rob him of his ability to earn a living.

Who gets to decide anything beyond that? The courts...the bedrock of our civilisation....these soviet style SJWs are a scourge.

This isn't even about Louis CK anymore...its about putting a stop to the brainless morons who have OD'd on outrage and spent too much time on twitter! And believe themselves to be the modern day version of the Soldiers of Christ!

He's working? No one is stopping him.

Putting words in my mouth. I never said I didn't care about what he did. I never demanded people like him. People are allowed to be disgusted by him. Those that are still disgusted by him can continue to avoid him whilst those that perhaps think he's served his time can go see him. It's the people that are outraged the most that seem to be dictating the terms.

My point is that what he did shouldn't be a life sentence.

When you say life sentence, what are you on about? I mean, you just seem angry that people are upset with him. Dunno what you actually want to happen tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

He's working? No one is stopping him.

So why are we discussing him!

So why are we discussing him!

This is a thread on Louis ck...

• When you say life sentence, what are you on about? I mean, you just seem angry that people are upset with him. Dunno what you actually want to happen tbh!

Life sentence; as in the punishment should fit the crime. Tbh I'm glad to hear he's working again. What he did is abhorrent but there should a road to redemption.

I know in text it is hard to hear the tone but I'm not angry at all. I think you might be judging by your opening post
    What the actual fcuk. Yeah louis is a great comedian, I really enjoy his comedy! He is also a total sexual predator. Get with it man, you can't whip your dick out and start tugging just because you asked AS YOU WERE PULLING YOUR DICK OUT.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

It's the people that are outraged the most that seem to be dictating the terms.

My point is that what he did shouldn't be a life sentence.
    Nobody is dictating terms, as I said in my previous post he is back working again, nobody is stopping him from doing that. Some people are upset about it but it's not preventing him from doing his job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Louis' new stuff is great. I've listened to the two bootlegs a few times already :) Glad to see him back on form. I'm actually glad too that his tv shows/movies have been cancelled: I found them so unfunny and pretentious. Louis is at his best on a stage with a mic in his hand (and not his cock :pac:)

2 reviews of recent Louis shows, he seems to be talking more about his sex pest stuff so I'd say whenever he tours properly and does his next special he'll have a 10-15 minute routine about it ready to go.

https://www.timesunion.com/7day-breaking/article/Review-Louis-C-K-at-Funny-Bone-1-10-19-13524706.php

https://pagesix.com/2019/01/17/louis-c-k-continues-to-joke-about-sexual-harassment-and-parkland/

“If you ever need people to forget that you jerked off, what you do is you make a joke about kids that got shot,” he told the packed house in San Jose.

Possibly Louis' greatest line ever! :pac: You have to, figuratively, admire his balls :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭ Keyla Sticky Pantyhose

Louis' new stuff is great. I've listened to the two bootlegs a few times already :) Glad to see him back on form. I'm actually glad too that his tv shows/movies have been cancelled: I found them so unfunny and pretentious. Louis is at his best on a stage with a mic in his hand (and not his cock :pac:)

Only found one bootleg myself (the one linked in this thread). Funny alright. Do you have a link to the other? (I guess it would be ok to link from here since the other one is up without issue.)

• Advertisement

Only found one bootleg myself (the one linked in this thread). Funny alright. Do you have a link to the other? (I guess it would be ok to link from here since the other one is up without issue.)

I think the second one is gone off youtube now: I couldn't find it anyways. I did find this clip though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,413 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Louis announced 2 shows in a comedy club in Leeds next week but they got cancelled 1 day later due to the negative publicity. I previously disagreed with Zechariah Fat Aftershave over this kind of thing* but he/she was right. I don't agree with or like what Louis did but I find this to be ridiculous really.

EDIT: *"By this kind of thing" I mean I said Louis wasn't being stopped from working, whereas Zechariah Fat Aftershave (correctly) said he was.

https://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2019/05/15/43048/now_louis_ck_pulls_his_uk_gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 12,413 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

How long before hes allowed to work again?

Mike Tyson actually raped someone, never acknowledged it or apologised and everyone loves him.

The Nal wrote: »
    How long before hes allowed to work again?

Mike Tyson actually raped someone, never acknowledged it or apologised and everyone loves him.
    I am more surprised that this happened outside of America, I thought if he ever got gigs cancelled like this it would be there but Leeds? I didn't expect that.

Advertisement