Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW 20 Captains poll

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭munster87

Pereira, not really, but I’d like to

• Registered Users Posts: 19,660 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Personally agree with G&R. No way would I be Captaining Son over Kane if I own both. In that case why would I own Kane given his price tag.

Surely that logic makes no sense, last week you captained Kane, yet you have Salah who is more expensive than Kane. Why own Salah if your not going to Captain him at home to Newcastle?

Price tags should be irrelevant when you are choosing a captain. You should be basing it on form and likelihood to score big in a particular week.

I also own Salah, Son and Kane, along with Anderson and Pogba and outof them, purely based on form, Kane would be ranking last in a table of options. In addition if you watch any amount of game time he has been falling deep this season compared with last. I'm happy enough to have him in my team as if he does score at least I get the points, but also because I don't really see any other strikes worth having atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Surely that logic makes no sense, last week you captained Kane, yet you have Salah who is more expensive than Kane. Why own Salah if your not going to Captain him at home to Newcastle?

Price tags should be irrelevant when you are choosing a captain. You should be basing it on form and likelihood to score big in a particular week.

I also own Salah, Son and Kane, along with Anderson and Pogba and outof them, purely based on form, Kane would be ranking last in a table of options. In addition if you watch any amount of game time he has been falling deep this season compared with last. I'm happy enough to have him in my team as if he does score at least I get the points, but also because I don't really see any other strikes worth having atm.

I chose Kane ahead of Salah as I had a slight fear of him being rested in an easy game for Liverpool.

I haven't watched much of Spurs this season but I'm aware of the dropping deep. But he's still on penalties so to me that's slightly worth more.

Personally don't think Pogba should ever be considered for captaincy

I plan to hold Salah against Arsenal he's the most likely points scorer but I still don't fancy him outscoring Kane against Bournemouth

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

I chose Kane ahead of Salah as I had a slight fear of him being rested in an easy game for Liverpool.

I haven't watched much of Spurs this season but I'm aware of the dropping deep. But he's still on penalties so to me that's slightly worth more.

Personally don't think Pogba should ever be considered for captaincy

I plan to hold Salah against Arsenal he's the most likely points scorer but I still don't fancy him outscoring Kane against Bournemouth

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Salah I think

i have kane. but I just dont like him at "home"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭sojustrutz

Transferred in Sergio so will give it to him - could go horribly wrong but could be a huge differential for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

So yer saying I should stick it on Sonny?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Green&Red wrote: »
    So yer saying I should stick it on Sonny?

Pretty much, yes. Form over value seems to be the general consensus. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,228 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Voted Kane here but went with Pogba

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Still deciding.. either go with salah or kun. Think kun could go mental away to Southampton

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Hilarious the difference a manger makes - imagine seeing Pogba have 13 votes for captain a few weeks back :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Salah for now. But I really might switch to Kane. I think it'll be a vital decision depending on who rival picks. He picked Kane last week, I picked Salah, which kinda makes me feel he'll pick Salah this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭bantee

Switched from Kane to Son, tight call though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Agüero

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Flyer29

Still can’t work Salah into my team so it’s Kane again for me this week

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Kane, without too much confidence

Other options were Salah or Hazard.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,050 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I'm going Salah, but it's a perfect GW for an Anderson or Mitrovic type punt.

Spurs could hockey most teams in the League at the minute, but Wolves are usually solid enough so should be tough for Spurs, and Palace are the same for their Chelsea game. So picking Kane, Son or Hazard isn't quite as obvious as it might be some weeks.

West Ham could do damage to Burnley, who are a shambles, and Huddersfield are always going to concede away from home, so Mitrovic should do something as he's Ranieri's favourite weapon as Fulham are going quite direct.

The disclaimer is that I would pick Son if I had him though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Wilberto wrote: »
    Pretty much, yes. Form over value seems to be the general consensus. :)

Well I went for it, both working out but hopefully Son can stick one himself

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Glad now I didn't captain that clown kane.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Why? He still scored and in contention for BPs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I'm disappointed he didn't score more but it's certainly not a (C) fail

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Nata not to like! I'd happily take that score every week!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,228 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

gammygils wrote: »
    Voted Kane here but went with Pogba

The gamble paid off :D

Advertisement