Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 20 Captains poll

• 28-12-2018 9:43am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Kane for me.

GW 20 Captains pick? 135 votes

Vardy(CAR)
    0% 0 votes
    Kane(WOL)
    2% 3 votes
    Jiminez(tot)
    43% 59 votes
    Pereyra(NEW)
    0% 1 vote
    Salah(ARS)
    0% 0 votes
    PEA(liv)
    21% 29 votes
    Hazard(cry)
    0% 0 votes
    Anderson(bur)
    11% 16 votes
    Ings(MCI)
    2% 3 votes
    Sterling(sou)
    0% 0 votes
    Martial(BOU)
    4% 6 votes
    Pogba(BOU)
    1% 2 votes
    Other(mention in thread).
    11% 16 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Currently on Son

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Pogba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Still Salah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Kane or Salah for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Mitrovic :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,655 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Don't have spurs or Salah so it'll have to be Felipe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

spock. wrote: »
    Mitrovic :eek:

He had 8 chances the last day
    Played really well
    I'm considering him.CurrentVC with Kane C
    it's gonna be one of those 2 or Anderson......??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Salah for me, even though I just got in Kane. 3 double digit hauls in the last 4 for Salah, he's pretty much guaranteed to start, and Arsenal haven't shown much sign of being able to defend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Salah for now but another hard call. Kane and Son other good options. Arsenal do look terrible at the back and Wolves have only conceded more than 2 goals only once this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Salah. Son would be first choice but rotation fear puts me off again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I'm hoping Poch has no problem tiring him out with his trip to Asia coming up. Beginning to doubt this now looking at the poll, but I do allow myself one captain punt a year for fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,288 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Kane. But could be tempted by Pogba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I'm hoping Poch has no problem tiring him out with his trip to Asia coming up. Beginning to doubt this now looking at the poll, but I do allow myself one captain punt a year for fun

Does he really want Son to go off to the competition tired either. Especially since they'll likely run the legs off him. Maybe could give him a breather once he returns to the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,778 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

dsmythy wrote: »
    Does he really want Son to go off to the competition tired either. Especially since they'll likely run the legs off him. Maybe could give him a breather once he returns to the club.

Not the thread for it but - pool have two relatively hard games coming up. Spurs can see it as a chance to close the gap on pool - 2 losses to pool and 2 wins for spurs and it’s an open race at the top. Son is arguably their most important player at the moment - surely it would be madness for him to rest him for the next two games?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Exactly what im thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Missing Links

Salah,Son(vc)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Salah (C)
    Anderson (VC)

Nice to be back to the comfort of Salah auto-captain again. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

I did Auba -> Aguero and captained Aguero thinking i've made a mistake now

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭JayJoe1990

Son

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,342 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Son won't be rotated. He had his rest a couple of GWs ago.

I don't have him though, so easy for me to say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Milner being ruled out means Salah on pens.

I think he has enough going for him to be my pick this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Hazard. Troll me baby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,432 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I’d love to have the balls to captain Son over Kane. 57 points in the five weeks since I’ve brought him in, the mans a hero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm going with Salah. I reckon Arsenal are in for a tough evening.

I'm going with Salah. I reckon Arsenal are in for a tough evening.

So do I and so am I !

Green&Red wrote: »
    I’d love to have the balls to captain Son over Kane. 57 points in the five weeks since I’ve brought him in, the mans a hero

If your options Son and Kane, it's Son all day long, I would have thought Salah, Hazard, Martial, or Anderson would have been more of a coin toss with Son.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Ace2007 wrote: »
    If your options Son and Kane, it's Son all day long, I would have thought Salah, Hazard, Martial, or Anderson would have been more of a coin toss with Son.

Personally agree with G&R. No way would I be Captaining Son over Kane if I own both. In that case why would I own Kane given his price tag.

Son fear of rotation here also.

I own Salah Son Kane and I'm playing it 'safe' with Kane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Auto Captain

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Personally agree with G&R. No way would I be Captaining Son over Kane if I own both. In that case why would I own Kane given his price tag.

Son is the form player in the league so sometimes you need to ignore player prices and adapt. His returns are better than Salah lately so it doesn't mean Kane is not worth owning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Ive two teams

Pogba in one and Felipe Anderson in the other

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭munster87

Pereira, not really, but I’d like to

Surely that logic makes no sense, last week you captained Kane, yet you have Salah who is more expensive than Kane. Why own Salah if your not going to Captain him at home to Newcastle?

Price tags should be irrelevant when you are choosing a captain. You should be basing it on form and likelihood to score big in a particular week.

I also own Salah, Son and Kane, along with Anderson and Pogba and outof them, purely based on form, Kane would be ranking last in a table of options. In addition if you watch any amount of game time he has been falling deep this season compared with last. I'm happy enough to have him in my team as if he does score at least I get the points, but also because I don't really see any other strikes worth having atm.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Surely that logic makes no sense, last week you captained Kane, yet you have Salah who is more expensive than Kane. Why own Salah if your not going to Captain him at home to Newcastle?

Price tags should be irrelevant when you are choosing a captain. You should be basing it on form and likelihood to score big in a particular week.

I also own Salah, Son and Kane, along with Anderson and Pogba and outof them, purely based on form, Kane would be ranking last in a table of options. In addition if you watch any amount of game time he has been falling deep this season compared with last. I'm happy enough to have him in my team as if he does score at least I get the points, but also because I don't really see any other strikes worth having atm.

I chose Kane ahead of Salah as I had a slight fear of him being rested in an easy game for Liverpool.

I haven't watched much of Spurs this season but I'm aware of the dropping deep. But he's still on penalties so to me that's slightly worth more.

Personally don't think Pogba should ever be considered for captaincy

I plan to hold Salah against Arsenal he's the most likely points scorer but I still don't fancy him outscoring Kane against Bournemouth

I chose Kane ahead of Salah as I had a slight fear of him being rested in an easy game for Liverpool.

I haven't watched much of Spurs this season but I'm aware of the dropping deep. But he's still on penalties so to me that's slightly worth more.

Personally don't think Pogba should ever be considered for captaincy

I plan to hold Salah against Arsenal he's the most likely points scorer but I still don't fancy him outscoring Kane against Bournemouth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Salah I think

i have kane. but I just dont like him at "home"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 104 ✭✭sojustrutz

Transferred in Sergio so will give it to him - could go horribly wrong but could be a huge differential for me.

So yer saying I should stick it on Sonny?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Green&Red wrote: »
    So yer saying I should stick it on Sonny?

Pretty much, yes. Form over value seems to be the general consensus. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,288 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Voted Kane here but went with Pogba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Still deciding.. either go with salah or kun. Think kun could go mental away to Southampton

• Advertisement

Hilarious the difference a manger makes - imagine seeing Pogba have 13 votes for captain a few weeks back :pac:

Salah for now. But I really might switch to Kane. I think it'll be a vital decision depending on who rival picks. He picked Kane last week, I picked Salah, which kinda makes me feel he'll pick Salah this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Switched from Kane to Son, tight call though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Agüero

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Flyer29

Still can’t work Salah into my team so it’s Kane again for me this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Kane, without too much confidence

Other options were Salah or Hazard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,342 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I'm going Salah, but it's a perfect GW for an Anderson or Mitrovic type punt.

Spurs could hockey most teams in the League at the minute, but Wolves are usually solid enough so should be tough for Spurs, and Palace are the same for their Chelsea game. So picking Kane, Son or Hazard isn't quite as obvious as it might be some weeks.

West Ham could do damage to Burnley, who are a shambles, and Huddersfield are always going to concede away from home, so Mitrovic should do something as he's Ranieri's favourite weapon as Fulham are going quite direct.

The disclaimer is that I would pick Son if I had him though.

Wilberto wrote: »
    Pretty much, yes. Form over value seems to be the general consensus. :)

Well I went for it, both working out but hopefully Son can stick one himself

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Glad now I didn't captain that clown kane.

Glad now I didn't captain that clown kane.

Why? He still scored and in contention for BPs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement