Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭ Violet Young Birthday

Loughc wrote: »
    Are the lads off again this week? No podcasts so far.

Would make sense to be off the week before the schools start going back, get some time in with the kids before they go back to school.

Ray was on but Jay wasn’t

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Ray was on but Jay wasn’t

Who's off this week again? Still no podcasts. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭aroundthehouse

is rays missus still reading the news?

Who's off this week again? Still no podcasts. :(

Only heard Ray this morning no “say goodbye jay” bit when he signed off either!

is rays missus still reading the news?

She works for RTE

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Are the lads off again this week? No Podcasts? Seems like they're off more than they're on these days :(

Are the lads off again this week? No Podcasts? Seems like they're off more than they're on these days :(

No they were both there this morning

Feckers have no podcasts up since last Thursday :(

I wonder why they stopped doing the podcasts. I loved them :(

I wonder why they stopped doing the podcasts. I loved them :(

They were all uploaded today! Yay!

In time for Friday and all... perfect Friday listening! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

They were all uploaded today! Yay!

In time for Friday and all... perfect Friday listening! :)

I tweeted him yesterday and he said he didn't know why they weren't there and to leave it with him. I always thought it was himself who uploaded them but perhaps not. Looking forward to them myself

Synode wrote: »
    I tweeted him yesterday and he said he didn't know why they weren't there and to leave it with him. I always thought it was himself who uploaded them but perhaps not. Looking forward to them myself

I tweeted him 2 days ago and the fecker never replied to me! #raging :pac:

Fantastic win for Ray Foley at the IMRO awards last week. He's found his love for radio again and his breakfast show is showing that. Delighted for him.

Fantastic win for Ray Foley at the IMRO awards last week. He's found his love for radio again and his breakfast show is showing that. Delighted for him.

What did he win? I didn’t see and awards

• Registered Users Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭DopeTech

MrMac84 wrote: »
    What did he win? I didn’t see and awards

Category: E1 Music Broadcaster

Gold Ray Foley Red FM
    Silver Fergal D’Arcy Today FM
    Bronze KC Cork’s 96FM

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

Still Number 1 Breakfast Show in Cork with an increase to 57,000 listeners in JNLR. Combined with the Music Presenter of the Year award not a bad few weeks for Foley!

Yesterday morning reminded me of why he’s still the king! That song about going to Ovens to buy a bike was brilliant! Jay is a great foil for Foley and works well in that role and doesn’t try to dominate like Ross Browne does to KC!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 EI209

This thread has gone very quiet recently - although I always say that's a sign that things are good as people talk about the bad stuff more often on this forum! 😂

Have to say I really do enjoy the Red FM breakfast show. Reminds me a lot of Foleys lunchtime show on Today FM. I still miss that show a lot. I think for what he does, that type of show, Foley really is the best there is. It's really brilliant that he's got his love for radio back.

Would maybe like to see a third member of the team, someone like Ann Gleason (sadly she's left the radio business) and a few more regular features, a Gauntlet kind of thing maybe but that doesn't change or take away from how good the show is. I listen online from up in Wexford as there's nothing better on here and Today FM has gone to the dogs.

Can't wait for the lads to be back on in the new year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Jay Zee

EI209 wrote: »
    This thread has gone very quiet recently - although I always say that's a sign that things are good as people talk about the bad stuff more often on this forum! ��

Have to say I really do enjoy the Red FM breakfast show. Reminds me a lot of Foleys lunchtime show on Today FM. I still miss that show a lot. I think for what he does, that type of show, Foley really is the best there is. It's really brilliant that he's got his love for radio back.

Would maybe like to see a third member of the team, someone like Ann Gleason (sadly she's left the radio business) and a few more regular features, a Gauntlet kind of thing maybe but that doesn't change or take away from how good the show is. I listen online from up in Wexford as there's nothing better on here and Today FM has gone to the dogs.

Can't wait for the lads to be back on in the new year

I guess since the country is so small no local radio shows have busy threads here

Completely agree with you EI209 I’m loving the RedFM breakfast show and Ray really seems to be having a laugh again and it really shows on air.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

I wonder is he sorry that he burned his bridges with Today FM?

It must be a real killer to drive from Dublin to Cork all the time & stay away from his family most of the week

But it's nice that he's got his Mojo back, he does have a real talent for it when he's firing on all cylinders.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭ofcork

I can't see him keeping it up the way today FM is gone he's probably better off not there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Jay Zee

gamecube wrote: »

It must be a real killer to drive from Dublin to Cork all the time & stay away from his family most of the week

But it's nice that he's got his Mojo back, he does have a real talent for it when he's firing on all cylinders.

It's not that he burned his bridges with Today FM but the current CEO of Today FM and himself hate each other, Foley said loudly in a pub in castlebar 2 years ago "'id love to break the beardy ***** face"

Jay Zee wrote: »
    It's not that he burned his bridges with Today FM but the current CEO of Today FM and himself hate each other, Foley said loudly in a pub in castlebar 2 years ago "'id love to break the beardy ***** face"

Well that’s not true.

But how they treated him the last time he was due to return means they definitely burnt their bridges with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,404 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Really ? I agree he(Ray) didn't burn any bridges, it was the New todayfm CEO at the time and he hinted that his former producer Adelle McDonnell was off not directly part of him not coming back, that she had some part in it. I'm basing that on his comments in the last NTN podcast he did with Alan metcalfe.

Well that’s not true.

But how they treated him the last time he was due to return means they definitely burnt their bridges with him.

I was wondering about him saying that in a pub. I mean his on air personna is one thing but he strikes me as a very serious person off air.

They did double cross him by telling him he could come back & then nothing happening

Putting the boot into Today FM in his NTN podcasts was what I was on about in his burning his bridges with them.

They cannot have been too happy with the content of those podcasts directed at them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Source? As in something already in print or broadcast on public radio. It's a serious allegation to be making if it isn't true.

They did double cross him by telling him he could come back & then nothing happening

Putting the boot into Today FM in his NTN podcasts was what I was on about in his burning his bridges with them.

They cannot have been too happy with the content of those podcasts directed at them.

Well those comments were made after he'd had that interview on todayfm with anton savage where he tried to not rise to Antons question(which given what happened to Anton Savage is interesting in hindsight) which I think happened after the proposed return to todayfm.

I don't think he burnt any bridges with todayfm. They did that burning, and his comments after the fact weren't going to make it better or worse. He's better off not there as the bit I've listened to in the last couple of years show it's a far less enjoyable place to work in. It's lost what made it a good radio station, both in terms of on air talent and direction.

• Advertisement

It is amazing how quickly Today FM have gone downhill over the past 5/6 years

I think Anton already knew he was out the door himself when he had that interview with Ray Foley

Advertisement