Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evictions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭Nermal

Could we get clarity on how old and how close to Christmas makes an eviction verboten?

Or is it a function of both variables? We can chuck a 50 year old out any time, but at 65 you're safe in December?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭utmbuilder

Where does boards find these people. One day I'm going to grow up and feel sorry for a bank.

Funny funny comments on here. How nieve does a person have to be to side with a bank in any action

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

utmbuilder wrote: »
    Where does boards find these people. One day I'm going to grow up and feel sorry for a bank.

Funny funny comments on here. How nieve does a person have to be to side with a bank in any action

Its siding with other people, banks have to clear bad loans on their books to issue more good ones. Evicting these mass defaulters not only frees up enough bad debt on a banks ledger to issue a deserving couple or two a mortgage, but also puts a house onto the market for sale for somebody willing to pay for it.

If these evictions were effective, our interest rates would be lower too, at the moment a mortgage is looking more and more like unsecured debt every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭yesto24

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/roscommon-eviction-falsk-strokestown-kbc-13742736

How anyone that could condone this type of vigilante thuggish behaviour on 3 individuals in there 60 sixties 2 brother & 1 sister , one of the brothers was pulled out of the house by his ears and a retired Garda kevin Taylor was punched 20/30 times by the thugs while our own gardai were present.

The agreement the government had with the banks was that buy-to-let properties
    were to be targeted not owner occupied homes. The bank had their debts written off at least people owner occupiers should off at least had 50% off or at least parked until the owners had passed away .

Now we have a situation were a European bank are steam rolling people out of there homes while our own Gardai again don't appear to know what there job is or entails.....Protect the people keep the peace not look on....Disgraceful.

"I am ashamed of my own country for allowing this.......Good on for community looking to protect there own.

And good luck to anyone in that community looking for a mortgage in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

When the so called Leader of the country missed an opportunity in the Dail to ensure safety of it's elderly people instead throwing man child hissy strops at opposition parties in the Dail and admitting to being a bit of a "Disco Dolly " gushing over I LOVE KYLIE on the Late Late Show , showing little backbone in agreeing to the handover off 300 million to Anglo Irish Bank junior bond holders........its not easy to see why Civil Disobedience will occur.

Government is meant to protect it's Citizen's not Attack them.

You seem to have a problem with our leader being a human being? I wonder why?

Definitely certain undertones going on here. :(

• Advertisement

Because they are 100% in the right! How few brain cells do all these idiots have who support a criminal tax defaulting farmer with IRA connections?

If it was a politician and not a farmer the pitch forks would be out for him in a massive way, he deserves to be evicted, he deserves to be thrown on the side of the street and anyone who supports him better be happy paying the expensive mortgage interest rates we have in Ireland as it’s because of the likes of him they are so high. However I know most of his supporters are dole scrounging layabouts so they aren’t worrying about things like paying for a mortgage.
    I believe that debt restructuring be insisted by state in helping people out of debt

Most people agree with debt restructuring but this case the person involved refused to engage and get his debt restructured, the fact you can’t see this is bizarre. He deserves to be kicked out and he certainly wasn’t beaten up, just because you imagined he was doesn’t make it true.

Also I am very happy with the way Varadker delt with this as are any normal non-idiots I have spoken to about it so he very much is representing the people as our leader. If you think he isn’t it’s you that’s the problem not him.

Because they are 100% in the right! How few brain cells do all these idiots have who support a criminal tax defaulting farmer with IRA connections?

If it was a politician and not a farmer the pitch forks would be out for him in a massive way, he deserves to be evicted, he deserves to be thrown on the side of the street and anyone who supports him better be happy paying the expensive mortgage interest rates we have in Ireland as it’s because of the likes of him they are so high. However I know most of his supporters are dole scrounging layabouts so they aren’t worrying about things like paying for a mortgage.

Most people agree with debt restructuring but this case the person involved refused to engage and get his debt restructured, the fact you can’t see this is bizarre. He deserves to be kicked out and he certainly wasn’t beaten up, just because you imagined he was doesn’t make it true.

Also I am very happy with the way Varadker delt with this as are any normal non-idiots I have spoken to about it so he very much is representing the people as our leader. If you think he isn’t it’s you that’s the problem not him.

You sound really frustrated if you ever need to chat about things I would be happy to listen. This time of the year can be hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

Having watched the videos of the lawful eviction I don’t understand what all the fuss is about. Security used reasonable force in removing the people from the property.

They did a very professional job under difficult circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭10pennymixup

From charging interest to not paying it out on savings to pressure on folk to engage in arrears, there is not much to admire about banking in general.

But when it comes to supporting law and order, I will side with that and as a consequence I must also side with the banks.

Any account/ loan is a contract with a bank and the terms of any contract were there from the start. If you break them, you can't have a problem when the banks take action.

From charging interest to not paying it out on savings to pressure on folk to engage in arrears, there is not much to admire about banking in general.

But when it comes to supporting law and order, I will side with that and as a consequence I must also side with the banks.

Any account/ loan is a contract with a bank and the terms of any contract were there from the start. If you break them, you can't have a problem when the banks take action.

Jesus thought us about interest in the temple with the money changers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭DubCount

And for all these years I thought it was Mr. Slattery, my economics teacher in school !!

I see Ireland’s finest attended a ‘rally’ in Roscommon today. Inciting violence towards banks. Lead by Sinn Fein. Classy as usual. Animals

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Looks like scum sympathetic to the "won't pay" crowd in Roscommon have moved onto damaging more property...

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/gardai-seal-off-bank-office-block-after-criminal-damage-overnight-37647745.html

Hopefully gardai get those responsible and quickly!

No reports on who carried out the attack calling people scum is not helping the situation.

Alot of people are scared at the moment.
    Those working for KBC?

Attacking places of work is cowardly and wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭10pennymixup

Hallelujah...............spread the good word and tell it like it is.........to the judge/ guard/ solicitor whoever and see how far it gets you in the eyes of the law.

I believe islam reachs about usury too "ribba"

However somewhere along the lines people's humanity has been conditioned out of them to side with banks typically 250,000 interest on a average mortgage

Go you guys team go kbc!

However somewhere along the lines people's humanity has been conditioned out of them to side with banks typically 250,000 interest on a average mortgage

Go you guys team go kbc!

That’s a constructive contribution to the discussion.

Simple question so you should be able to follow. Why should people not repay their debts?

garhjw wrote: »
    That’s a constructive contribution to the discussion.

Simple question so you should be able to follow. Why should people not repay their debts?

I pay mine, on a house here in the UK and Florida

I still feel sorry for the poor old farmer however

Why feel sorry for him? He doesn’t repay his debts or try to. It’s because of people like him we pay higher interest rates.

He should have done the right thing a long time ago - sold the land and worked with the bank to have the debt written off or declared himself bankrupt. But instead we have this crap and people like you mouthing off on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

Why feel sorry for him? He doesn’t repay his debts or try to. It’s because of people like him we pay higher interest rates.

He should have done the right thing a long time ago - sold the land and worked with the bank to have the debt written off or declared himself bankrupt. But instead we have this crap and people like you mouthing off on the internet.

Like the banks themselves should have done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

7upfree wrote: »

The banks are repaying their debts from the bailout.

• Advertisement

Did KBC receive a “bail out”?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Expect that figure to rise when less people pay off what they owe.

Go you guys team go kbc!

Imagine, a business making profit!! What will they think of next :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Go you guys team go kbc!
    Where are you getting that number from?
    Anyhow nobody forces people to take out a mortgage.

Nonetheless recent events will make it more difficult for farmers to get loans especially if they hope to use the family home as collateral. Let's see how happy they are then!
    The farmer has saved quite a bit on various repayments so they are a lot better than most!

Is that your way of condoning the behaviour by those opposed to repaying loans to the bank?

It's quite obvious I am going to have reference more religious texts on you people.

It's quite obvious I am going to have reference more religious texts on you people.
    ...because if anyone knows how to get money from the public, its the church?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,471 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I see Ireland’s finest attended a ‘rally’ in Roscommon today. Inciting violence towards banks. Lead by Sinn Fein. Classy as usual. Animals

They're due another bank raid, their Northern Bank reserves are running low.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

i feel sorry for the endless parade of people he appears to have stiffed down the years , i hate people like that , their shamelessness is puke inducing .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    i feel sorry for the endless parade of people he appears to have stiffed down the years , i hate people like that , their shamelessness is puke inducing .
    Yep. Amazing that people can still refer to this character as a "poor old farmer" like it's 1840 and his absentee landlord has just doubled the rent.

He has obviously stiffed a lot of people including every citizen as he's a tax defaulter.

Advertisement