Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strokestown **Mod Note in Post #4461**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

For those who think the Nordies shouldn't have been involved in the eviction -

Do you think there should have been an eviction in the first place? At least try answer that please.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

The truth? Yeah. That's fine.

Ya its as black and white as that isnt it...

amcalester wrote: »
    Do you have a breakdown of the figure?

I’d be curious as to how much is the original underpayment and how much is interest/fines.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the eviction. That is money owed to the taxman.

The eviction was because they own money to the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

stevielink wrote: »
    Regardless of whether it was a beating, an assault or roughly moving someone off a property, a complaint was made to the Gardai at the scene about an assault (the video shows a man on the ground with several men over him), and the Gardai didn't intervene. Why not?
    If a complaint is made to Gardai they must do something.

"the guy got a beating ".

" the video shows no beating"

" yeah well that's irrelevant "

Such horse****.

And no if the Gardai are looking at something happening and are satisfied all is in order, they should do anything just because a member of the public yells them too. If it was the other we around and the person was arrested you'd be whinging the Gardai were doing the bidding of private security.

Cupatae wrote: »
    Ya its as black and white as that isnt it...

Yes it is. People refuse to leave the banks house. Bank has them removed.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

"the guy got a beating ".

" the video shows no beating"

" yeah well that's irrelevant "

Such horse****.

And no if the Gardai are looking at something happening and are satisfied all is in order, they should do anything just because a member of the public yells them too. If it was the other we around and the person was arrested you'd be whinging the Gardai were doing the bidding of private security.

Will you go way man you cant see the Forrest for the trees, talking nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 stevielink

Bit of a sweeping statement. If the Garda is watching and in his opinion the law isn't being broken then how or why should he intervene? If someone is trespassing and are told to leave I don't think too many courts will convict someone for removing them without harm.

so you're telling me that if one person is physically assaulting/manhandling/touching another person and that person doesnt want to be assaulted/manhandled/touched, then it's a case of tough sh*t, suck it up?

That's just crazy. Sure then there's no-one out there to protect us at all in that case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

BattleCorp wrote: »
    This has absolutely nothing to do with the eviction. That is money owed to the taxman.

Yup, I'm well aware of that.

Was just wondering if the level of fine/charges owed to Revenue by this guy were comparable to other settlements.

It gives an indication of his levels of cooperation when he owes money.

If he didnt engage with Revenue, then I doubt he was too forthcoming with KBC.

so you're telling me that if one person is physically assaulting/manhandling/touching another person and that person doesnt want to be assaulted/manhandled/touched, then it's a case of tough sh*t, suck it up?

That's just crazy. Sure then there's no-one out there to protect us at all in that case.

If I trespass onto your property, are you allowed to assault/manhandle/touch/push me out of there?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Tell that to the same eejit who keeps bringing up the issue and calling them "scumbags".
    If I trespass onto your property, are you allowed to assault/manhandle/touch/push me out of there?

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Deise Vu wrote: »
    nd protect him because, you know, the famine.

Anyone who sides with this guy should never complain about exhorbitant bank interest in this country again. Because of cases like this, no foreign bank will come into the market and the indigenous ones are free to add another 2% onto law-abiding people because that will compensate them for tulips like this guy.

Have you got a link to where this is actually evaluated. I mean a proper explanation of the figures involve.

How come when there were very few repossessions in the past that the interest rates were still very high?

I think Irish consumers are suffering exorbitant bank charges and interest rates because the banks can get away.

AIB made in the first 6 months profits of 726 million, BOI 500 million in 2018, they are making money hand over fist.

The story that some how our interest are high because of repossession problems does not in my mind add up. It is just an excuse to gouge Irish people.

Yup, I'm well aware of that.

Was just wondering if the level of fine/charges owed to Revenue by this guy were comparable to other settlements.

It gives an indication of his levels of cooperation when he owes money.

If he didnt engage with Revenue, then I doubt he was too forthcoming with KBC.

I'd say you are correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

For those who think the Nordies shouldn't have been involved in the eviction -

Do you think there should have been an eviction in the first place? At least try answer that please.

Yes as a very last resort. I'd have to be thoroughly satisfied that every option was taken to get a workable solution, not just to get them out.

But who among us would evict anyone two weeks before Christmas ???

And also who among us would send a crowd wearing Rangers jerseys into a Celtic pub to deal with Celtic fan ???

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

So a group of elderly people in hoc to some vulture bank and were trying to repay the loan as best they can were forcibly evicted by a shower of Loyalist mercenaries and people ended up battering the hired thugs?

Good. Fair play to all involved. Hopefully opportunistic scumbags who bash old people on behalf of bankers will take note.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

As a side note, to diffuse the tension, cal we all agree that strokestown is a funny name?

STB. wrote: »

Yes.

So if force is allowed to remove people who trespass, what's the problem here?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

FTA69 wrote: »
    So a group of elderly people
    Are we still claiming this :D

Nixonbot wrote: »

Well in fairness, it's as true as the rest of the post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Are these the same balaclava wearing mob that evicted those people from the house in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Do you have a breakdown of the figure?

I’d be curious as to how much is the original underpayment and how much is interest/fines.

Fine = 100% amount owed

https://static.rasset.ie/documents/business/defaulters-list2-june2015.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,157 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

venusdoom wrote: »
    Really sad for the future reading this thread, no wonder the country is as corrupt and money grabbing as it is going by some of the posts.

The only money grabbing I see is from the individual who took out a loan and hasn't paid it back, under declared his VAT that he owed revenue and ran up debts with local businesses.
    eagle eye wrote: »
    Well I lost two houses in the crash. I didn't kick up a stink. I was very ill at the time and unable to work. I was too sick to sort out getting people to rent the houses. I had both of them rented before I got sick. I was out of action for four years and ended up owing the bank 19 k with nothing to show for it. I paid it off and I'm getting on with my life. I was lucky in the end though because I got letters and emails from the bank telling me that I was 'pre-approved' for another €270k mortgage, if I'd have taken them up on that things would have been so much worse for me financially. If that had of happened I'd be blaming the bank because they were trying to push me into it.

Yes but you were firstly sensible that you didn't totally overborrow and then when you did run into trouble you didn't double down and refuse to give up the securing assets.

Yes the bank were trying to convince you, they were salespeople after all, but you had sense enough to not be taken in.
    You had what some of us call "personal responsibility".

And I hope you are back on your feet both financially and health wise.
    nice_guy80 wrote: »
    If any of ye knew the history of Strokestown and the area in relation to evictions during the 19th century you would understand the strong feelings of a family being turned out of their home (owing money or not)

People don't forget these things in rural areas.

I come from the worse famine struck area, Mayo.
    You can still see the traces.

But that in no fooking way excuses some fooker down the road welching on their debts, bad debts whose cost is then carried by other customers of that same institution.
    Fook that for a game of cowboys.

This is yet another example of the "we won't pay, we are entitled to what we want" hitching their bandwagon to some cause celebre only to discover they are a septic chancer.
    Remember to poor elderly couple turfed out of their home in Dalkey, you know the ones that nearly 20 odd properties that were paying for. :rolleyes:

Of course in this case the added bonus is provo wantabees are having wet dreams about beating up loyalists neanderthals.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,157 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Cupatae wrote: »
    I love how all the people on here instantly side with the banks, people have short memories..recession anyone?

Maybe it is because we are "the banks".
    The decent honest customers of the banks are the ones that suffer when leeching feckers screw the bank.

Who do you think carries the can for non performing loans, bad debts?
    Do you think that they miraculously disappear up a bank managers ar**?
    Do you think the shareholders stick their hands in their pockets ?

No the cost is carried by the banks customers somewhere along the line.
    Nonsense. How many people ditched their homes in the states during sub prime. Paddy nothing.

You see the difference between there and here is that they did ditch their homes, over here people thought they could hang onto their homes but ditch their debts. :rolleyes:
    Billcarson wrote: »
    Are you having a laugh. Revolution for what? Homelessness, health service, families being stretched to the limit, ever rising cost of living etc etc . That's my opinion and I'm sure many feel the same about the way this country is ruin

FFS the shinners, provos and lefties always love an old bit of social upheaval.

And what solutions do they offer ?
    Violence, score settling and perhaps the magic money tree will provide for everyone. :rolleyes:

not as far as i'm aware, no. If however you were in my house where my kids were alseep then yes I will do whatever is necessary.

that's not the same as manhandling someone at the front gate of a property within 2 feet of 2 Gardai who's assistance was requested but denied.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Are these the same balaclava wearing mob that evicted those people from the house in Dublin?

Good chance they are.

KBC were the bank involved there too.

So if force is allowed to remove people who trespass, what's the problem here?

but what law says that you are allowed to assault someone in your front garden? Can i do that to the postman/the leaflet delivery person/utility sompany sales reps?

gctest50 wrote: »

That's what happens when you defraud revenue then dick them around.

not as far as i'm aware, no. If however you were in my house where my kids were alseep then yes I will do whatever is necessary.

that's not the same as manhandling someone at the front gate of a property within 2 feet of 2 Gardai who's assistance was requested but denied.

But seriously though, if someone won't leave a property peacefully on foot of a court order, how on earth are you supposed to get them to leave if you can't force them out?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Nixonbot wrote: »

Right I'm 50 next year so I'll be heading to the Post Office to get my pension because I will then be elderly !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

FTA69 wrote: »
    So a group of elderly people in hoc to some vulture bank and were trying to repay the loan as best they can were forcibly evicted by a shower of Loyalist mercenaries and people ended up battering the hired thugs?

Good. Fair play to all involved. Hopefully opportunistic scumbags who bash old people on behalf of bankers will take note.

So a man in his 50s and older siblings were repeatedly requested to vacate a property that had been given up as collateral for a loan - they refused to vacate. As the loan was not being maintained, the lender decided to call in the security freely placed against the loan.

Poor, poor form to all involved. Hopefully people will consider the potential repercussions for non performance before entering into a legal agreement.

• Advertisement

but what law says that you are allowed to assault someone in your front garden? Can i do that to the postman/the leaflet delivery person/utility sompany sales reps?

I didn't realise there was a court order telling the postman/the leaflet delivery person/utility company sales reps to vacate your property.

Advertisement