Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Investing 25k Lump Sum

Options
  • 14-11-2018 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Looking for some food for thought as to what you'd do with €25k with minimal effort/maintenance. Only really want to tie it up for 2-3 years. A fund? Prizebonds? Davy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Looking for some food for thought as to what you'd do with €25k with minimal effort/maintenance. Only really want to tie it up for 2-3 years. A fund? Prizebonds? Davy?

Well I suppose it depends on whether you would be prepared to lose some of that money or want it guaranteed. Hard to recommend things without knowing that

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭twiddleypop

Hello,

Like OP, I have a similar amount of money to invest and didn't want to start a new thread.

My post office account just expired, where I had it for 3 years.

So I wanted to try apply for a mortgage in the next 12 months so I don't want to put it away long term.

I'm willing to take a medium risk with some of the money but I at least want some of it safe for my house deposit.

Appreciate any advice

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

If you need the money in 12 months the only option really is a deposit account - check out some of the regular savings accounts and drip feed it for the best rates, but unfortunately even the best rates are minimal at present.

I would not look at investing unless you have a 5 year+ timeline in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Put it in prizebonds. Might get something, might not.

Withdrawal takes about 2-3 weeks i think.

Advertisement