Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco 10 euro voucher inside

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

RossieMan wrote: »
    No it's not ok to use.

But people are trying it and having success. If you don't mind cheating the system, self scans are the way to go.

There's no cheating the system. It's a generic barcode that can be used by anyone an unlimited number of times until it expires.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭ParkyJiSung

Used in tesco douglas yesterday- wouldnt work on self service but scanned on a till.
    Checkout operator called checkout supervisor who said you couldnt use an online copy- i said had used previous weeks voucher before in wilton- manager called and allowed me to use as voucher valid till 16/12.

Thinking , did i not have brightness up high enough to pick up on self scan?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Copies not accepted. Has to be a physical voucher, that's why cashiers aren't accepting it. It's cheating the system. You can mash it whatever way you like.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Copies not accepted. Has to be a physical voucher, that's why cashiers aren't accepting it. It's cheating the system. You can mash it whatever way you like.

Plenty are, plenty aren't. It's at the discretion of the manager if you ask. Did you try yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,078 ✭✭✭✭zell12

It is quite clear cut. No discretion about it.
    39Sh7Hd.jpg

• Advertisement

Quackster wrote:
    Plenty are, plenty aren't. It's at the discretion of the manager if you ask. Did you try yourself?

Doing it the honest way myself. Still have a couple left in fact. Papers for 1.40 and coupons from last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I don't see its cheating the system, Tesco put out vouchers to get your money, i'm sure ultimately they don't care - as long as they get your money and not a rival supermarket.

zell12 wrote: »
    It is quite clear cut. No discretion about it.
    39Sh7Hd.jpg

So the store managers happy to accept print-outs and images on mobile screens are 'cheating the system' then!

It's one generic barcode that has been mass-produced and circulated to all-and-sundry by a variety of very different means. The notion of copies of such is a mute point.

Have any managers accepted a coupon on the phone? I'd imagine if a store had a number of these copies come threw it'd be stopped fairly quickly.

Hopefully doesn't get stopped for those not able to afford a paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Staff member accepted 4 online vouchers from me for one transaction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,859 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

if the voucher is from the ePaper, how else are you supposed to use other than by printing it out or scanning your phone?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,939 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

That last 10 off 45 worked a treat for me this evening in Douglas, I just printed it off.
    The cashier was surprised it worked!

It's the same barcode for the last 3 weeks. It'll work no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,543 ✭✭✭Hoboo

CADDmaster wrote: »
    Could somebody please tell me what size of the print-out needs to be to match the original.coupon.

I just saved it to my photos, flashed my phone at the self service, first time wouldn't let me put money in but then suddenly did. Second time again wouldn't let me pay, noticed it saying please place coupon in slot. Guy came over, did his card flash thing and away it went. Didn't know about needing to print it off and placing the coupon in the machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭gobo99

Hoboo wrote: »
    I just saved it to my photos, flashed my phone at the self service, first time wouldn't let me put money in but then suddenly did. Second time again wouldn't let me pay, noticed it saying please place coupon in slot. Guy came over, did his card flash thing and away it went. Didn't know about needing to print it off and placing the coupon in the machine.
    If you stick a voucher or any piece of paper in the coupon slot the 'put coupon in slot message' will go away. You don't even have to drop it in. So you could scan the same coupon as many times as you want in the same transaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

What paper are they in this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

I was in Tesco Kinnegad today and the self service till kept rejecting my printed copy of the voucher (I had another, till-spit one on me but hoped to use the print one and keep the other for later!). It said amount was too low - but it wasn't (48.53). The till spit worked eventually (with some assistance from the cashier).

muckety wrote: »
    I was in Tesco Kinnegad today and the self service till kept rejecting my printed copy of the voucher (I had another, till-spit one on me but hoped to use the print one and keep the other for later!). It said amount was too low - but it wasn't (48.53). The till spit worked eventually (with some assistance from the cashier).

Maybe you had something ineligible in your shopping (like painkillers) which meant the balance of your shopping came in under €45?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I tried using a printed voucher at the till today the manager was called and they wouldn't accept it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

In balbriggan today. Tried it upstairs in the clothes and electronics section and the cashier scanned it on phone and it worked no problem.

Then tried it downstairs in the groceries and cashier rejected it and said people had copied the voucher and they were told to reject them unless there are the actual copy from the paper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Can you use this online? As in when the driver arrives give it to him and you get the refund?

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

This morning I got delivered (with some junk mail), 3 €10 off a €45 spend vouchers for Tesco :)
    Dates 10th to 16th and two for 17th to 24th Dec.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,384 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Sorry for asking this but can these vouchers be used to purchase phone credit?(The one they gave out last week when you spent €45).

Sorry for asking this but can these vouchers be used to purchase phone credit?(The one they gave out last week when you spent €45).

Yes. Used one for this purpose myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Was there a voucher in paper yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

There was one in the Irish Mirror €10 off a €45 spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

okidoki987 wrote: »
    There was one in the Irish Mirror €10 off a €45 spend.

Missed it, any going today?

None of the bog newspaper's anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Whyohwhyy

Someone posted this on another thread in BA. More vouchers(I'm on mobile so sorry if this doesn't work) :

boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=467994&d=1544602956

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭highdef

Whyohwhyy wrote: »
    Someone posted this on another thread in BA. More vouchers(I'm on mobile so sorry if this doesn't work) :

boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=467994&d=1544602956

Different dates but same barcode for all 3.... Strange

Advertisement