Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote Control

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭WHL

Harmony Ultimate dropped to £89 on Amazon. I pulled the trigger

Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote Control and Hub, works with Alexa (Hub software update required) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00C80JFSS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_i_A.7fBb4A4METC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Can these remotes be connected to google home for voice commands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Can these remotes be connected to google home for voice commands

Yes. You can voice command all actions and even some favourites like tell it to turn on Sky news, BBC 1 etc if you have it set up right

Yes. You can voice command all actions and even some favourites like tell it to turn on Sky news, BBC 1 etc if you have it set up right

good stuff, i ordered it just now

where do i find a good setup guide on setting this up.

I want to delete a step in activity. I want to delete the powering on of my stb because its always on anyway. I cannot see away of either skipping a step or deleting it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

where do i find a good setup guide on setting this up.

I want to delete a step in activity. I want to delete the powering on of my stb because its always on anyway. I cannot see away of either skipping a step or deleting it

Log on on your phone, my activities, edit.

You can add or remove steps from start and end sequence there.

wonski wrote: »
    Log on on your phone, my activities, edit.

You can add or remove steps from start and end sequence there.

you actually cant remove the steps that i wanted to remove such as on/off.
    But that's ok. I've gotten it working the way I want now and it works well.

you actually cant remove the steps that i wanted to remove such as on/off.
    But that's ok. I've gotten it working the way I want now and it works well.

Yes you can, you can set the power options of the device to never turn off. Not sure if you can adjust it in the mobile app, think you need use the desktop software. I know because this is the way I've setup my Shield. I'm not home tonight but I'll check it out and post again.

Yes you can, you can set the power options of the device to never turn off. Not sure if you can adjust it in the mobile app, think you need use the desktop software. I know because this is the way I've setup my Shield. I'm not home tonight but I'll check it out and post again.

I see that setting now, i never thought to check in devices. Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

The Ultimate is £100 cheaper than the Elite on Amazon - I've been waiting for the Elite to drop in price, but may be tempted to go with the Ultimate. Is there much of a difference in terms of features and functions or is it just design?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

DoubleJoe7 wrote: »
    The Ultimate is £100 cheaper than the Elite on Amazon - I've been waiting for the Elite to drop in price, but may be tempted to go with the Ultimate. Is there much of a difference in terms of features and functions or is it just design?

Read here:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106635322&postcount=379

bk wrote: »
    I've both the Elite and the Ultimate.

The Ultimate works fine, but if you can stretch, the Elite is a far better designed and laid out remote and also feels more premium.

I had the ultimate first and it was fine, but when I got the Elite it was a real joy and I happily relegated the Ultimate to the rarely used bedroom.

On paper they are much the same, but in person the Elite is a big step up. It is hard to explain without using both.

BTW I think they designed the Ultimate like that because they thought touch screens were the future, thus they put it in the middle as you'd use it lots. In reality touch screens are poor for remotes, physical buttons rule and you actually don't use the touchscreen on these remotes beyond the initial "activity" selection and odd advanced setting. The Elite recognised this mistake and corrected.

The best way I can explain the difference is they created the Ultimate, it is a good product, but has a bunch of cons. The Elite feels like the engineers took those cons as a todo list and fixed each and every one of them with the Elite.

I'm not a fan of the ultimate's remote. I have actually stopped using it and reverted back to using my old Logitech 650 remote. That touch screen is a pain in the hole. The design is poor too, it has a rounded back which means it easily can fall or roll off or disappear down the bottom of the couch.
    The only thing I like about the hub is been able to control the tv and the various devices via google home.
    I'll get used to it and start using the new remote again. I've only just got the thing last week so its a learning experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I've had 650 for almost two years until it failed. I thought it was great until I got the elite.

Bear in mind that you still need to use touch screen to select specific channel on your TV or satellite box. I would rather have proper buttons...

It is expensive for what it is, but for anyone using home cinema setup with few sources and hue lights and possibly game console it is a powerful remote. Very easy to start with. My only complain would be battery life.

Used only few times a day, yet needs to be charged every two days... Bluetooth uses a lot of power I think.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I'm not a fan of the ultimate's remote. I have actually stopped using it and reverted back to using my old Logitech 650 remote. That touch screen is a pain in the hole. The design is poor too, it has a rounded back which means it easily can fall or roll off or disappear down the bottom of the couch.
    The only thing I like about the hub is been able to control the tv and the various devices via google home.
    I'll get used to it and start using the new remote again. I've only just got the thing last week so its a learning experience.

Maybe return it if you can and hold out for the Elite being reduced?

It sounds like the Elite would solve all your design complaints. It still has a touch screen, but a better one and it is moved to the top, out of the way. I rarely use the touch screen, other then for the initial turn on activity (which I normally do via Google Home today).

bk wrote: »
    Maybe return it if you can and hold out for the Elite being reduced?

It sounds like the Elite would solve all your design complaints. It still has a touch screen, but a better one and it is moved to the top, out of the way. I rarely use the touch screen, other then for the initial turn on activity (which I normally do via Google Home today).

I'll persevere with it. I made a few changes to my activities that have made a difference. I had the settings all wrong there. Whenever i changed an activity the remote would always be controlling the wrong device which meant I had to go into the touch screen and change to the device I wanted.

Why do I feel ridiculous even posting that... 1st world problems!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Anyone's elite not responding this evening?
    Did 2 resets on hub and app not connecting either

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

you with eir by any chance? having issues all over the shop with eir, looks like DNS issues, all evening.

Ya I am,it sorted itself out after a while,the thought of digging out 6 remotes meant there was no telly for a while :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

i think it could be eir, i had issues with everything from browsing to logitech to uploading workouts to garmin tonight, connection was fine, just couldn't resolve addresses

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭sioda

Hi all I have my harmony and Google home mini linked is there anyway with one command to have Spotify play and turn on the associated in my case soundbar or am I limited to asking to power on the device then to ask for the music.

• Advertisement

sioda wrote: »
    Hi all I have my harmony and Google home mini linked is there anyway with one command to have Spotify play and turn on the associated in my case soundbar or am I limited to asking to power on the device then to ask for the music.

Stringify

Stringify is a new one for me to try out,had been using IFTTT

Cool will give a a bash over the weekend expect idiot questions to follow

I use the shortcut commands in the google home app.

I use the shortcut commands in the google home app.
    Where are these located

sioda wrote: »
    Where are these located

In the Google home app ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Yes I've done this with mine, you add a 4 port hdmi switch that's similar then you connect the harmony to your laptop and use the switch remote pointed at the harmony to edit and learn each command. You'll have to do this 4 times for each button fo each HDMI port

It's actually much easier than it sounds and once you do it once it will save to the cloud

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Yes I've done this with mine, you add a 4 port hdmi switch that's similar then you connect the harmony to your laptop and use the switch remote pointed at the harmony to edit and learn each command. You'll have to do this 4 times for each button fo each HDMI port

It's actually much easier than it sounds and once you do it once it will save to the cloud

Cheers just have to find cable I've 2/3 hdmi ports .i just need to figure out what each button on the remote does.

https://imgur.com/S51OmCF

Any ideas

• Advertisement

Cheers just have to find cable I've 2/3 hdmi ports .i just need to figure out what each button on the remote does.

https://imgur.com/S51OmCF

Any ideas

Yeah, arc is hdmi arc
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IIKcdjzHKo0
    🎥 HDMI ARC is the Coolest TV Feature You're Not Using (Here's How ...

Spdif is optical
    https://goo.gl/search/S/PDIF
    S/PDIF,

Can't make out the button on the right, what does it say

2.1 and 5.1 is number of channels, the .1 means the subwoofer

Advertisement