Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 17 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Going to try to bank the transfer this week unless injuries happen in the midweek games.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Anyone on Andy Carroll watch? Is he likely to reduce Chicarito playing time or improve his opportunities?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Auba & Martial in, longish term move for Martial as Utd fixtures turn after Pool game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,048 ✭✭✭COH

Have double pool defence... Robbo and TAA ... thinking about switching TAA > Doherty

Feel very late to the party but not having him is killing me

• Registered Users Posts: 22,473 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

GetWithIt wrote: »
    Anyone on Andy Carroll watch?

Only the insane ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

GetWithIt wrote: »
    Anyone on Andy Carroll watch? Is he likely to reduce Chicarito playing time or improve his opportunities?
    Remember getting him last season when he had a double GW and he went and got a monster score in the first game but didn't play the second, though I was happy as I had him as captain.

For that reason alone, if he was fit and starting games I would get him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Going to try to bank the transfer this week unless injuries happen in the midweek games.

Mr Burns voice: "I'm afraid I've had one of my trademark changes of heart."

Wanted to get Torreira in before his price rises, as well as offload Kenedy. Needed to sell Balbuena to finance it since I was 0.1m short. As a result:

Kenedy, Balbuena out and Torreira, Diop in.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I see PEA is probably going to rise again tonight - that be 0.6m in 2 GW's - it's a little odd how fast he's going up - whereas other players in equal or better from aren't experiencing the same type of rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,745 ✭✭✭893bet

Cheap west ham defenders worth a punt?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭dahat

893bet wrote: »
    Cheap west ham defenders worth a punt?

None, Fab or nobody. Clean Sheets are urban legends when West Ham are invovled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Tempted swap either Patricio or Bennett out for Lossl or Zanka

With Newcastle & Southampton at home in next 2 , feel they’ll get a cleanse.

Their defenders ( Zanka, Schindler) are also pretty dangerous on set pieces so swaying for defender

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Tempted swap either Patricio or Bennett out for Lossl or Zanka

With Newcastle & Southampton at home in next 2 , feel they’ll get a cleanse.

Their defenders ( Zanka, Schindler) are also pretty dangerous on set pieces so swaying for defender

They've got a nice run of fixtures actually:

NEW SOU mun ful BUR car

Could be more than one or two cleanies there. One of Zanka/Schindler are on my shortlist to replace Yedlin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Invincible

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Doherty or TAA? I have Bennett.

Doherty.
    TAA more liable to rotation.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Is auba to Kane a sideways move?

stuba wrote: »
    Is auba to Kane a sideways move?

Anything but side ways

They've got a nice run of fixtures actually:

NEW SOU mun ful BUR car

Could be more than one or two cleanies there. One of Zanka/Schindler are on my shortlist to replace Yedlin.

Ye I’ve looked at that but with the way things are & likely injuries thought I’d focus on the upcoming games pre Xmas.

Think I’ll go Zanka

• Registered Users Posts: 6,707 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Was Mitro being subbed early due to injury? I'm in the market for an Arnie replacement this week. Delighted I didn't replace him earlier as it would have been for a hit and the likely replacement Wilson, Mitro and Jimenez all scored less points than the bench fodder I used instead. Might just go with Chic as no one else is jumping out at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

COH wrote: »
    Have double pool defence... Robbo and TAA ... thinking about switching TAA > Doherty

Feel very late to the party but not having him is killing me

I'd normally say no way but if you are keeping Salah I think it's worth considering. (I brought in TAA for this this week to go with Robbo, no Mo)
    Alonso is a hold given their fixtures and your other two (especially if you only paid 4M) are starters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Was Mitro being subbed early due to injury? I'm in the market for an Arnie replacement this week. Delighted I didn't replace him earlier as it would have been for a hit and the likely replacement Wilson, Mitro and Jimenez all scored less points than the bench fodder I used instead. Might just go with Chic as no one else is jumping out at me.

No injury for Mitro (or Cairney). The match was lost and he's on 4 YCs. He's 3 decent fixtures to go before the yellow card limit increases to 10.
    Chic in for Arnie was my move last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

shineon23 wrote: »
    Sold Salah last night to fund other moves.

Rival captained him today

So I think ill be going back to Mo with my tail between my legs.

Ive had a 63 point lead cut to 3 points

I've Richarlison left to play, rival has noone.

Don't think I've ever experienced that much of a pull back in a single gameweek ever before.

To get Salah back its looking like:
    Kane out for Kamara
    Then a toss up between Richarlison or Fraser being sold for Salah in MF.

I'm 0.1 short of moving Camarasa for Salah in that move which is annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Don't think I've ever experienced that much of a pull back in a single gameweek ever before.

Kane out for Kamara

You're chasing last week's points. Kane is against Burnley this week!

You're chasing last week's points. Kane is against Burnley this week!

Possibly but that's not the main reason for reverting back to Salah

I'm trying to block future Salah returns of my rival

I have Son as Spurs cover. Only Pool cover I have is TAA.

Mental move imo can you not wait a week at least ? You're surely not Captaining at home to United instead of Kane to Burnley

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

If you are really keen on this move, could you at least wait till next GW? I just think you'll be kicking yourself not having Kane at home to a DIRE Burnley team.

Mental move imo can you not wait a week at least ? You're surely not Captaining at home to United instead of Kane to Burnley

I've the captaincy on Auba away to Southampton no matter what way I go on these moves

I've the captaincy on Auba away to Southampton no matter what way I go on these moves

I'm struggling to understand why you wouldn't be Captaining Kane at Home? I'd get rid of Aubam if I was you instead of Kane.

Personally think Kane goes nuts at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Kane out for Kamara

Funnily enough I think im doing the opposite taking out salah and zaha for kane and Anderson is probably the best option under 7.6.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Kane out for Kamara

Crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Only way to get Salah in is to sell Auba or Kane and on review I dont want to losee either over the next few weeks. So its Martial to Son or Alli. Son looking more dangerous recently but think Alli will get more gametime over the medium term and will score more, thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,648 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Only way to get Salah in is to sell Auba or Kane and on review I dont want to losee either over the next few weeks. So its Martial to Son or Alli. Son looking more dangerous recently but think Alli will get more gametime over the medium term and will score more, thoughts?

Wait and see who starts for spurs vs Barcelona midweek first. Spurs need to win at the nou camp to qualify which could be a very draining high intensity game for them.

Advertisement