Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum Games Fantasy Premier League Jumpers for Goalposts thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

The player I'd really love to own is Aubameyang but there is just so much uncertaintiy with his position and playing time its a scarier proposition but for me he is the best striker in the league atm although between the few top guys it'd be splitting hairs I guess

That's what I've done, Aguero out and Auba in. Let Pererya out to pasture and brought in Felipe Anderson as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Spurs looked knackered as well yesterday. Not sure how well setup they are for the next month.

Aguero.....if you look back at his points haul he is great every 6 matches or so......but return most weeks doesnt justify having him in the team no matter what. I kind of feel you have to get lucky and have him on his good weeks.

Im not convinced Auba will keep on the run he is on either though.

Head scratcher.

Ya Auba is getting more goals then his expected goal rate currently and his conversion rate per shot is also slightly high at around 28% but when he was at Dortmund it was also averaging around 23% over a few seasons if I remember correctly.

That game yesterday was high octane but a few of the players have had time off this season with injuries so if they are fit not (which they should be should be rested enough) Kane isn't one of them but he just seems to play loads and the team is built around him to get as many as possible.

Aguero and city are what they are alright a beast but a bit of a minefield with goals spread throughout the team and bench anyone could go on a run at anytime. His minutes do be a worry though.

As pete said its a thinker, although after writing all that I'm liking Kane a bit more personally

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Pter wrote: »
    Spurs looked knackered as well yesterday. Not sure how well setup they are for the next month.

Aguero.....if you look back at his points haul he is great every 6 matches or so......but return most weeks doesnt justify having him in the team no matter what. I kind of feel you have to get lucky and have him on his good weeks.

Im not convinced Auba will keep on the run he is on either though.

Head scratcher.

:D 20 goals in PL since he signed, 10 in 13 last season, 10 in 14 this season so far.

So he's slightly dipped I guess :D I reckon he puts one at least past United tbh. Then I'll reassess.

He is on a run no doubt.....im just not convinced Arsenal can keep going with their unbeaten streak. And i can see Mou or one of the other teams Arsenal have to play parking the bus and not allowing Auba the space to arrive at the right place at the right time, or cutting off the supply to Auba. Ill be happy to be wrong on that from a general POV as i like this new Arsenal and Emery.

• Advertisement

I think if Arsenal approach the game against Utd in the same way as the Spurs match they could over run them in the second half particularly. Not expecting a cricket score or anything but United are just so bang average this year I think they're there for the taking, particularly at OT where they've been so poor this year. (Sorry Mick :cool: )

Yeah id have to go with Kane. Laca is there and takes the limelight from Auba sometimes too. Kane is Spurs only real focal point, so it makes more sense from the POV of selections and goal threat for the next few matches.

Spurs also usually bounce back from defeats, so hoping that comes into play as well.

No apologies needed Necro club as a whole are a disgrace atm but at least I've FPL to get me through it :cool:

He isnt sorry at all Mick. After years of malaise at Arsenal, he is revelling in your pain.

Shane ****ing Duffy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Christ..Origi and Sturridge starting for us tonight.

Salah, who I have cpt on the bench. Mane and Robertson not even in the team.

Midweek games usually throw up some strange results.

Yeah I managed to put Robertson onto my own bench but Mane got left in :/

Pain in the hoop tbh.

I think I'll end up fielding about 9 although I feel like Ive been doing that for weeks now so its all good :D

Ive got a captain starting at least.

Yeah I'll have at best 10 playing, assuming my subs all play. Cpt not starting and v cpt didnt play last night. Lucky I had Fraser and Wilson bagging me 12pts each last night but resigning myself to a poor gw overall, an all too familiar case this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Second week in a row I’ve missed the transfer deadline!!

Haha..ended up with only 7 players getting game time.

Kolido wrote: »
    Haha..ended up with only 7 players getting game time.

Jesus thats a shocker there twas a crazy game week alright, i managed to field 11 but 3 of them came off their teams benches to get minutes and 1 of them actually cored (bar kane it looks like i made some very bad subs this week)

Got 11 on the pitch but Duffy was -2, Laporte was only on for a minute (so a 1) and i had higher scoring players i could have done with getting on in his place.

Now i have to contend with an injured Arnautovic, Mane, Gomez and suspended Duffy and Billing.

kitten_k wrote: »
    Second week in a row I’ve missed the transfer deadline!!

Did you unfollow us here as we talk too much ****e :( we usually post if there is wierd deadlines, unlucky though this fpl lark is non stop once

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I think I'll end up fielding about 9 although I feel like Ive been doing that for weeks now so its all good :D

Ive got a captain starting at least.

Ah my midweek only gained me 23 points. Swapped Sane and Augero out for Brooks and Arnotavic........ had the latter as my captain. Should have went for Wilson and Fraser. Doh.

Then Sterling, Jorgino and Perriera dont play, all my defenders conceed. Only for Raul Jimenez and Richarlison Id have about 5 points.

Free hit being used on Sat

• Advertisement

Callum Wilson and Richarlison dragged me through to a semi decent week. Rest were a smattering of 1s and 2s.

Oh and a 7 from Glenn Murray but of course he scores then gets injured. :/

Mane out Sane in anyways, just swapping Capital letters :pac:

Eyeing up that Arsenal Huddersfield game for juicy points from Auba now too

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Ah my midweek only gained me 23 points. Swapped Sane and Augero out for Brooks and Arnotavic........ had the latter as my captain. Should have went for Wilson and Fraser. Doh.

Then Sterling, Jorgino and Perriera dont play, all my defenders conceed. Only for Raul Jimenez and Richarlison Id have about 5 points.

Free hit being used on Sat

Ugh jesus its sick when the coin flips dont fall your way alright, I was poxed that Adone came on for the injured Murray and scored it really was a minefield out there this week.

Someone talk me out of taking a minus 8 so I can go with an Aguero, Kane, Abua forward line it just looks like it'd be a lot of fun should have done it when I had the free transfer but it was all a rush.

Well it looks good on paper but what happens if all 3 get rested at some stage.

Ok maybe not Kane.

Someone talk me out of taking a minus 8 so I can go with an Aguero, Kane, Abua forward line it just looks like it'd be a lot of fun should have done it when I had the free transfer but it was all a rush.

Well Aguero is still a doubt and they're up against Chelsea this week :P

Wouldn't argue with Kane and Auba however. If you have the coin somehow!

Ya all fair points although it would be some craic for the xmas you'd surely get 2 oout each game week and fixtures aren't bad, given I'm only playing for fun at this stage it miht be the deciding factor go down shooting

Pew pew :pac:

Ugh jesus its sick when the coin flips dont fall your way alright, I was poxed that Adone came on for the injured Murray and scored it really was a minefield out there this week.

Andone has a trail with me this week thanks to the free hit in place of Danny ings, Kane , Abam and himself to deliver some points.

When with Patterson in midfield too.

Necro wrote: »
    Well Aguero is still a doubt and they're up against Chelsea this week :P

Wouldn't argue with Kane and Auba however. If you have the coin somehow!

I went against a Gab Jesus transfer but i do fancy him to score against Chelsea. Kane got the nod

• Advertisement

Ya all fair points although it would be some craic for the xmas you'd surely get 2 oout each game week and fixtures aren't bad, given I'm only playing for fun at this stage it miht be the deciding factor go down shooting

Pew pew :pac:

Actually I forgot Arsenal could be plauged by injuries after last night might be a good time to get some cheap low ownership exporsure in thier midfield Miki could be onn the table depending on news
    beakerjoe wrote: »
    Andone has a trail with me this week thanks to the free hit in place of Danny ings, Kane , Abam and himself to deliver some points.

When with Patterson in midfield too.

Adone was on my watch list all season was out for ages with injury no other reason then I read an article on him ages ago but he has never displaced Murray since he has been back he did suck me in though with the 1 start but given Murrays injury looks a decent shout.

Also Ings under a good manager could be gold dust I was waiting till hughes got sacked to consider him but statistaclly he gets a good lot of chances

How many strikers can I play again :pac:

Advertisement