Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ Board €20.80 incl. delivery @ Arrow

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

beercr8te wrote:
    Fed ex just sent me an invoice for 26.40 euro and arrow are less than helpful both on phone, stating they don't refund anymore.

beercr8te wrote:
    Fed ex just sent me an invoice for 26.40 euro and arrow are less than helpful both on phone, stating they don't refund anymore.

What did u do to close it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Pay it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Lads i got an invoice today from control account vide fedex to pay 37.7eur for this....saying item value was34.4...what options do i have to get this closed ?

How much were you charged by Arrow in total?

Suckit wrote:
    How much were you charged by Arrow in total?

20 euros...

20 euros...

Email them the invoice and explain to them that a mistake was made somewhere.

The total cost of your Raspberry Pi including shipping falls under the VAT threshold. You are not due to pay anything.

• Advertisement

sunny2004 wrote:
    Pay it ?

And can i get it back from anyone ?

Suckit wrote:
    Email them the invoice and explain to them that a mistake was made somewhere.

As in arrow or debt recovery or fedex ?

As in arrow or debt recovery or fedex ?
    Fedex.

Suckit wrote:
    Fedex.

Ok will do...controlaccount has told me not to contact fedex directly..

Ok will do...controlaccount has told me not to contact fedex directly..

Who are controlaccount? If they are sorting it for you, then don't contact Fedex. If they are not, then email Fedex your invoice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,923 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Suckit wrote: »
    Who are controlaccount? If they are sorting it for you, then don't contact Fedex. If they are not, then email Fedex your invoice.

Control account are debt collectors that fed ex pass the debt on to.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Oh, so it's not fedex asking for the money?
    It must be going on a fairly long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

4-in-1 Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ + Acrylic Case + Cooling Fan + Heatsink Kit

Special Price €37.77

https://www.zapals.com/4-in-1-raspberry-pi-3-model-b-acrylic-case-cooling-fan-heatsink-kit.html

A nice little piece of kit from China with the latest 3 b+ model and there's a 3.5" touch screen add on below for €9.43.

3.5-inch LCD Touch Screen with Stylus Pen for Raspberry Pi 3 Model B

https://www.zapals.com/raspberry-pi-3-model-b-3-5-inch-lcd-touch-screen-with-stylus-pen-hd-1920x1080.html

Suckit wrote:
    Oh, so it's not fedex asking for the money? It must be going on a fairly long time.

Yeah looks like fedex sent me some letter which inever got...

I am not sure who you should contact in that instance, but I would contact Fedex if it was me. I'd ring and explain I'm emailing invoice with a total of €20 including delivery and that no mail was ever received before now, if that was the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

lucky that you got the letter from the debt recovery, considering you never got anything from FedEx.
    You could complain to FedEx about the letters, or ask the post office to investigate. Have you other mail that went missing ?

sunny2004 wrote:
    lucky that you got the letter from the debt recovery, considering you never got anything from FedEx. You could complain to FedEx about the letters, or ask the post office to investigate. Have you other mail that went missing ?

Nopes i generally get missed delivery letters...nothing from fedex..

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

I sent an email addressed to both Arrow and Fedex, attached was arrow invoices and invoices from fedex, paypal proof of payment amount, a link from fedex website pertaining to filling out export declaratio, link to revenue irelands import duty and VAT and screenshots of fedex tracking page highlighting day late delivery. I highlighted their errors and the incompetence of their customer service personal in both companies in all phone calls which I recorded. I got refund from Arrow and fedex said invoice had been paid, they wouldn't elaborate on who paid invoice. Found both companies to have sloppy customer service, I thought fedex were a world class company but after dealing with them on this issue my experience is i wouldn't send a bag of trash with them as if anything goes wrong you get the run around, thats if they don't hang up on you during phone calls which i recorded. If any of you are calling on a mobile to either company or any other company for that matter i recommend installing a call recorder app just for your protection and person records as you can hold them to account.

beercr8te wrote:
    I sent an email addressed to both Arrow and Fedex, attached was arrow invoices and invoices from fedex, paypal proof of payment amount, a link from fedex website pertaining to filling out export declaratio, link to revenue irelands import duty and VAT and screenshots of fedex tracking page highlighting day late delivery. I highlighted their errors and the incompetence of their customer service personal in both companies in all phone calls which I recorded. I got refund from Arrow and fedex said invoice had been paid, they wouldn't elaborate on who paid invoice. Found both companies to have sloppy customer service, I thought fedex were a world class company but after dealing with them on this issue my experience is i wouldn't send a bag of trash with them as if anything goes wrong you get the run around, thats if they don't hang up on you during phone calls which i recorded. If any of you are calling on a mobile to either company or any other company for that matter i recommend installing a call recorder app just for your protection and person records as you can hold them to account.

Just called controlaccount who told me to pay amount which i did...now on to fedex and arrow to cleanup the mess...not sure who will give me refund though...

• Advertisement

Solaris10 wrote:
    explain your situation, customers support teams are online now they will sort out this issue

They said to send email cant do much..arrow folks were useless...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭tphase

tphase wrote: »
    cheque for €6 and change arrived from Revenue yesterday :)
    and finally the saga ends after almost 18 weeks - a full refund from DHL arrived in my account. They kindly included the import duty, I guess to compensate for the delay.

Next time I'll just send the thing back :rolleyes:

tphase wrote:
    and finally the saga ends after almost 18 weeks - a full refund from DHL arrived in my account. They kindly included the import duty, I guess to compensate for the delay.

How did u manage that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭tphase

presume you're only referring to the DHL refund?
    I sent DHL a copy of the refund cheque from Revenue as proof that Revenue accepted the actual price paid as the value of the shipment and suggested it was time for them (ie DHL) to refund their charge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Control account are debt collectors that fed ex pass the debt on to.

I've gotten letters from Controlaccount which Fedex claim to know nothing about and even after any invoices were paid. I ended up ignoring the letters and after a few 'scary' ones I never heard from them again.

Advertisement